Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Literature Discussion Forum
Anne Rice books Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is your favorite character?
  Lestat de Lioncourt
  Louie de Pointe du Lac
  Armand
  Magnus
  Claudia
  Akasha
  Mael
  Khayman
  David Talbot
  Enkil
View Results

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:42 pm
This is a place to discuss Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. Please do not bring up Meyer's Dreck on pain of death! Barring that feel free to talk away. Please list the books you read just to see who read what. Have fun! (Its also perfectly fine to discuss the Anne Rice movies here. twisted )  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 pm
Lets see ive read Interview with a vamprire up to Tales of the body thefe or Memoch the Devil. Then i read Vittoro the Vampire and Pandora the Vampire and im currently reading the Vampire Armand.  

Mia Belarus Valentine

Dangerous Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

Frau Valda

2,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 pm
I have read the The Vampire LeStat twice and the Queen of the Damned. I read 3/4 of the Body Thief and it sucked so bad I just could not muster the boredom to finish it. Well I wanted to read the Interview but I never got around to it. Tell me, is Vampire LeStat better than Interview or vice versa? How about Memnoch?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:25 pm
Hmm... i think so because it explains what happened. Memnoch well thats where religion goes in memnoch is the 'devil' and he takes Lestat to heaven and hell and Back in time on earth.He meets 'God' and he gives him Veronica's Veil.In the end he goes in a sorta depressed state.  

Mia Belarus Valentine

Dangerous Rogue

10,775 Points

Frau Valda

2,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm
Weird. Sounds a lot like the Body Theif. Anne Rice tlaking about God is just weird. She has such an Agnostic view of God (there is a God but he does nto really care about us, so do whatever you want kind of God). I don't like that at all. It just sounds rediculous when reading a book about vampires. They are the curse dof God so why the hell is God having an everyday chat with Satan like in the body theif? Pretty stupid. Stick to vampies! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:43 pm
Yeah i was disapointed after reading it i literally put down the book and walked away.  

Mia Belarus Valentine

Dangerous Rogue

10,775 Points

Grania Grasioc

Witty Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm
I have not gotten to read the books (I alreday have an enormous must read list) but interview with a vampire is a great movie Tom cruise is naturally good at ating insane  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:58 am
mm agreed.i heard that there making another anne rice movie.im not sure which one ut its comming soon appearantly.  

Mia Belarus Valentine

Dangerous Rogue

10,775 Points

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 am
vampire_gabrile
mm agreed.i heard that there making another anne rice movie.im not sure which one ut its comming soon appearantly.

really whats it clled?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm
l... dont really recall sorry.  

Mia Belarus Valentine

Dangerous Rogue

10,775 Points

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 pm
Interesting, well maybe it will counter act all the Twilight nonsense  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 pm
i sadly have not read more then maybe three of her books....but i have a ton of them sweatdrop  

kate3339

6,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100

darkhuntress-irishgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:55 pm
I started to read interview with a vampire, but didn't sad I plan on it though. I have watched Queen of the damnd, and Interview with a vampir and own it HAHA. They were wonderfully done, and the vampires were great I might add twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm
i read blackwood farm and merrick, then i started reading vittorio the vampire and..then anne rice books kinda got banned from our house...but now i'm over 18 (yay) so i'm starting to read them again lol. i started with interveiw with the vampire and then i read the vampire lestat and now i'm waiting on the library to get QOTD in so i can read it xd  

Countess Morianna

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:20 pm
I love that Anne Rice has disavowed her books, since she is a christian. I am a christian and I like them so does that make me less of a christian?  
Literature Discussion Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff