Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
" Leave other religions alone!" They say...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:42 am
Have you ever had someone say
" Why don't you just leave other religions alone? "

I pondered this, until I stumbled upon.....7 thousand?
Seven thousand threads containing Atheist hate.
Christian by Atheist hate?

The numbers are exaggerated of course but you get my point...
I have collected a few threads with Atheist hate. Post yours here, too, so we can laugh at it. =D

Atheism is a cult
Atheism is a fad
No such thing as Atheism
Truth behind Atheism
ATHEISM SHOULD BE ILLEGAL...WELL...EVERYWHERE!!!
Atheism is ******** wrong ( User post multiple things like this.)
Truth why Atheism will never be accepted by the public

I have others but I'm too tired to post more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:29 am
Captain_Shinzo

I have collected a few threads with Atheist hate. Post yours here, too, so we can laugh at it. =D

Atheism is a cult
Atheism is a fad
No such thing as Atheism
Truth behind Atheism

Quite a few of those looked like trolls. Yes, there is a lot of atheist hate, but those guys aren't the ones I'm worried about.  

Lethkhar

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:34 am
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo

Atheism is a cult
Atheism is a fad
No such thing as Atheism
Truth behind Atheism

Quite a few of those looked like trolls. Yes, there is a lot of atheist hate, but those guys aren't the ones I'm worried about.

I was more focusing on the trolls at the time. If you want to get technical, I would say that there are a great some out there. Including where I live known as " The Great Bible Belt ".
The phrase " Trust God " is labeled everyone. What makes it worse, it is funded by the state. Sickening...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 pm
Silly Believers... it's not like Atheists put on our suits on Saturday or Sunday afternoon and rap on people's doors asking if we can witness to them about the falsehood of god, the tooth fairy, and the easter bunny.

"Hello, ma'am or sir. I am here to slaughter you puppy and make you children cry. Can I come in?"

Still, I firmly believe the reason there is so much hatred for and fear of atheism is that somewhere, deep down in whatever synapses these people still have firing in their gray matter, they recognize it is a very sound argument and a logical choice... Which they perceive as a dire threat.

It goes back to the principles and methodology of science itself... show me an experiment that is repeatable and consistent. Show me this concrete evidence of a god.

But no, all you will get is "Faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

...Curious, isn't it, that in a time when man has conceived quantum physics and subatomic particles and proven them with experiments and viable equations, there is still no empirical data to support the existence of a god?  

Edible Jennann

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 pm
Edible Jennann
it's not like Atheists put on our suits on Saturday or Sunday afternoon and rap on people's doors asking if we can witness to them about the falsehood of god, the tooth fairy, and the easter bunny.

Then you're doing it wrong. =P

Edible Jennann
...Curious, isn't it, that in a time when man has conceived quantum physics and subatomic particles and proven them with experiments and viable equations, there is still no empirical data to support the existence of a god?

Not curious at all. Reality is thoroughly materialist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:52 pm
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Edible Jennann

Hear that "swooshing" sound above your head? That's her point just barely missing you. xd  

Lethkhar

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 pm
Lethkhar
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Edible Jennann

Hear that "swooshing" sound above your head? That's her point just barely missing you. xd
I hear nothing of the sort. Maybe what you heard was my point not getting you. =P  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 pm
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Lethkhar
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Edible Jennann

I hear nothing of the sort. Maybe what you heard was my point not getting you. =P

i actually do get your point(at least i think i do)
reality is materialist; therefore all activities that happen in reality can be proved through science
activities that don't happen in reality, can't
is that it?  

dl1371

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 pm
dl1371
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Lethkhar
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Edible Jennann

reality is materialist; therefore all activities that happen in reality can be proved through science
is that it?
That is a nice summing up of materialism, yes.
My post was merely clarifying what the post that was quoted was saying, i.e., making explicit what they were implying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:01 pm
Gracchia Saint-Justine
dl1371
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Lethkhar
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Edible Jennann

is that it?
My post was merely clarifying what the post that was quoted was saying, i.e., making explicit what they were implying.

Yes, but why?  

Lethkhar

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:06 pm
Lethkhar
Gracchia Saint-Justine
dl1371
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Lethkhar

is that it?

Yes, but why?

Because there will be someone who doesn't get it, just like you thought I didn't get it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:11 pm
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Lethkhar
Gracchia Saint-Justine
dl1371
Gracchia Saint-Justine
Lethkhar

is that it?

Yes, but why?

Because there will be someone who doesn't get it, just like you thought I didn't get it.

Only a moron in a hurry wouldn't have gotten that, especially given the context and the fact that we're in an atheist guild. Clarifying it was completely unnecessary and only sowed confusion.

Whatever; it was a simple misunderstanding. I apologize for missing your point.  

Lethkhar

A Cats Curiosity

Beloved Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 pm
That's annoying.
I don't see why they can't come up with something else.
First they expect you to leave their religion alone while in the meantime they expect you to let them shove their religion down your throat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:43 pm
well Atheism isn't a religion.

but yeah we need to be all for peace and happiness
and get rid of the evils of hatred and tension.  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:29 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
well Atheism isn't a religion.

but yeah we need to be all for peace and happiness
and get rid of the evils of hatred and tension.

And to get rid of the 'evils of hatred and tension' we need to get rid of those that practice such, and the material conditions which make it possible for them to exist.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games