Welcome to Gaia! ::

Classical Musicians Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Classical, Musician, Band, Orchestra, Choir 

Reply Chatterbox (Talk about everything else)
Your Thoughts on...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think classical music is better on electric instruments?
  Hex yeah, it is. Turn up my amp!
  No, and Beethoven rolls in his grave at the sound of it.
View Results

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm
Hey all my classic music friends heart just wanted to get your opinion on the all girl group "bond". They've been around since the start of the millenium (2002, i think). Anyway, I sorta rediscovered them, and forgot how much I liked some of their music. Just wanted to hear what you think about their take on some well known classical pieces, and their own compositions.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 pm
I like them. Some of their stuff is great, some is pure cheese. I just usually happen to enjoy the cheese. whee Looking at my itunes, I must not have liked their CD Classified too much, because I only have two songs from it. I have everything from Shine and Born, though. I respect them as players - they all went to major conservatoires in the UK, but I don't really think that's reflected at all in the music they are producing, fun as it is. Well, with the exception of a couple pieces.  

Escargot

CheeshireCat

6,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 am
I prefer acoustic instruments.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:30 am
I love listening to Bond and their music. I think that their versions of pieces are not always better than the originals, but pretty close to them.
I personally prefer acoustic instruments better, but I wouldn't say no to an electric violin.  

Dark Genosha

thequietwriter

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:21 pm
I'm glad I came across your thread, because I had never heard of them before. They seem pretty cool! I admire those that play electric instruments.  
Chatterbox (Talk about everything else)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games