Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
i need help...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ter_squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm
crying my best friend is ditching me, because of something that i can't help, the events of the past have damaged me forever, but the only ppl who seem to understand this, i never see, nor talk to...talking to my parents about it would only make it worse, make me feel bad for inflicting this upon them, and a councelor would certainly call my parents...i know when this started, when i was outcasted from society in middleschool and made fun of, but now i'm in highschool, and i don't have to deal with that anymore, but i still have to deal with the mental scars from then...i need help, from somebody, anybody who has any advice on how i can forget about those past events and move on and be happy once more... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:03 pm
Well, I think you should just not think about it, just look at the future, find something you enjoy doing and devote yourself to it, you will eventually find yourself thinking better about everything ^^  

ShinSora

Romantic Genius

iTammie-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:55 pm
Um... about your best friend? She seriously isn't your best friend if she's ditching you for something that can't be helped. I agree with Wanderer. Look to the future, screw the past! We all make really mistakes or wrong choices at one point, but that doesn't mean we should dwell on it. I know it's hard. Hell, I'm going through it and I'm only 12. But seriously, mental scars are only there if you believe they are. Just forget about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:59 pm
...her mom doesn't want me hanging out with her if i'm like this...and she's uncomfortable around me sometimes.....she wants me to talk to the school councelor, she says that the councelor won't tell my family cuz she talked to her once and didn't tell, but she's a MUCH happier person than i am, i have a feeling that if thy heard wat i had to say, then they would call...and after thinking things through, and reading ur comments, i realized that there's no reason to be like this anymore, and i was actually happy for a day or two...then she told me that she still thinks i need help b4 we can hang out, it was as if i was reborn, put on a happy face, but i'm afraid that by saying i still need help after i was so happy, the happy face went upsidedown, along with my happiness...everything just went in a circle, first i was a happy child, then i was depressed, i was happy again, now i'm back to where i started...which is where i never wanted to end up again...  

ter_squirrel

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm
I don't get what troubles you. The past is past. There's nothing you can do about it now, but make the best of it. Sometimes "best friends" aren't really best friends, or they tell you things you might not like because they care about you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:19 pm
Well the first thing i would do, get a new best friend, i was an out cast in preschool and 1 and 2 but then a new kid came and i became his best friend, and were are still best friends today, second find a hobbie u like to take your mind off the past. Trust me it will help.  

The Saint Louis

Business Bear

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

axl the azn boi

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm
ur sad cause ur friend .......actually cares for u?
there telling to to stop worrying about something that doesnt even happen as much anymore
i mean really
it may not even be about your feelings but hers
how do u think ur friend feels, seeing her on friend act in an undisireable way mean if ur "scard" simply cause of not fitting in  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 pm
you must live in the present biggrin biggrin exclaim  

cybermeatball

Celeste_Nightshade

Vicious Bloodsucker

4,250 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:35 pm
I am here if you need to talk. It would be better if you PM..that way it more one on one k?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:24 pm
my friend does this stuff cuz she doesn't want me committing suicide, okay! she cares, i'm not angry at her for doing that, but i am stressed out cuz i rlly want to still be her friend despite wat all of u say...we've been rlly good friends since 7th grade, and i can be the judge of who i befriend.....i did get over it like i said...but her mom doesn't realize this, and my friend doesn't want a relapse to happen, her mom needs me to go talk to the school councelor about stuff that's screwed up in my mind b4 i can hang out with her again...but if i tell the councelor how screwy my brain was, then it might just bring back those crappy thoughts...which i rlly don't want...plus, they would prolly call my parents, which would make me feel worse, as i stated above...so idk wat to do anymore, cuz if i don't then my friend's mom might call my parents anyways and tell them...the only option i RLLY don't want to do is to tell my friend i'm going to counceling but then not, or go to counceling and leave out the rlly bad details...either way, it's not very nice...  

ter_squirrel

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Well, I can say I can relate. I moved around quite a bit as a child; I went to three different gradeschools. Grade 4-8 were spent at the last school, and all four years I was picked on. The one friend I had moved to Korea after two years, and cut off all contact from me. I don't blame him, I can understand his reasoning, now.

I had to go to therapy, where I actually got fired, in a sence, by my therapist. She told my parents that she couldn't help me. I was fine with it, I wasn't cooperating anyways. A lot of things changed when I hit highschool. At first things were more or less the same; I wasn't picked on, but I didn't have any friends. My first two friends came when I went for nightschooling. I took Japanese as a third language because it looked fun, and there I met two of my best friends who introduced me to more friends! That was a moral booster, for sure.

I finally got the guts to join a club at school. I started out with our anime club. The leader became my best friend of all time, and although she now lives a few hours away, we still keep in touch. I made a lot of other friends through that club, too. From there I went on to join Tech. Team, the Terry Fox Commity, School Reach (or Reach for the Top, a competitive team), Chaplaincy (Not that I'm religious, but you don't have to be religious to help people), and Development and Peace. I met so many great people! I can hardly remember the darker time that I went through now that I'm having so much fun!

The only advise I can give to you is don't become happy for your friend, become happy for you. Show her and her mother that you are stable! Also, go and talk to the counciller. They actually aren't allowed to tell your parents unless they feel you're going to hurt yourself. If you do intend to hurt yourself, well don't because it's stupid, but you don't have to tell them that. Councillers are for people who need somebody to talk to. You don't have to tell them EVERYTHING. Just what you're comfortable with! Who know's it may help! Try joining clubs in your school too. Trust me, if you do alot you don't even have time to even THINK about being sad, you're having so much fun.

Good luck from somebody who understands your story, and hopes things go well!
-Fai  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
XSK Ambrosia
I don't get what troubles you. The past is past. There's nothing you can do about it now, but make the best of it. Sometimes "best friends" aren't really best friends, or they tell you things you might not like because they care about you.

Agreed. stare  

Kasai_Haigara

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Sep13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 pm
ter_squirrel
my friend does this stuff cuz she doesn't want me committing suicide, okay! she cares, i'm not angry at her for doing that, but i am stressed out cuz i rlly want to still be her friend despite wat all of u say...we've been rlly good friends since 7th grade, and i can be the judge of who i befriend.....i did get over it like i said...but her mom doesn't realize this, and my friend doesn't want a relapse to happen, her mom needs me to go talk to the school councelor about stuff that's screwed up in my mind b4 i can hang out with her again...but if i tell the councelor how screwy my brain was, then it might just bring back those crappy thoughts...which i rlly don't want...plus, they would prolly call my parents, which would make me feel worse, as i stated above...so idk wat to do anymore, cuz if i don't then my friend's mom might call my parents anyways and tell them...the only option i RLLY don't want to do is to tell my friend i'm going to counceling but then not, or go to counceling and leave out the rlly bad details...either way, it's not very nice...

if its in your past then let it stay there, and anyways sometimes friends can help in ways that counsilers cant, i had a friend who had to get counsiling and it wasnt helping until she became friends with me, my sister, and all of our friends, it also worked for me too, ive never had to go to a counsilor because they would find out how screwed up i was and sometimes still am  
City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games