Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
"If you belive in wind then you most not be Atheist "

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-tinora-x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 pm
That's what some kid in my class said when another person told him I was atheist (He was going around telling everybody after I told him,like it was one of my secrets or something).I was about to say that it's bullshit but recess ended after that and I had to go back to class.It honestly amazes how stupid some people can be,they act like they know the entire concept of Atheism . rolleyes
His reasoning was atheist believe if you can't see it,it's not there  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 pm
well that was very idiotic of him  

Imperfect_Elegance

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 pm
Let me guess, is this the whole "can't see the wind but you can feel it" argument?
Tell them with special camera's, you can see the wind. There's a special type of camera (I forget what it's called, but it was used on Timewarp) that makes the components of our air visible. And since wind can be scientifically proven correct (through the pulling of gravity, magnetic poles, molecules, etc.) AND artificially created indoors, logically the reasons we understand wind is through the very medium most atheists use.
Science.
Which is also the medium that helps disprove the factuality of certain unsaid religions.
Which is shunned by most religions as a form of lies.

By that logic, If you believe in wind you must not be religious.
Because its been proven scientifically.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:51 pm
Mizz_Sexy_Bunny66
well that was very idiotic of him

His always been idiotic,but I think he just went to a new level with it xp  

x-tinora-x

x-tinora-x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:54 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Let me guess, is this the whole "can't see the wind but you can feel it" argument?
Tell them with special camera's, you can see the wind. There's a special type of camera (I forget what it's called, but it was used on Timewarp) that makes the components of our air visible. And since wind can be scientifically proven correct (through the pulling of gravity, magnetic poles, molecules, etc.) AND artificially created indoors, logically the reasons we understand wind is through the very medium most atheists use.
Science.
Which is also the medium that helps disprove the factuality of certain unsaid religions.
Which is shunned by most religions as a form of lies.

By that logic, If you believe in wind you must not be religious.
Because its been proven scientifically.

Thanks,that was brilliantly explained and I would love to say that to him.The problem is most people who try to get on for being atheist don't listen when I try to disprove their obviously wrong points rolleyes it get's really annoying. Nonetheless though,I will try to say it to him.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 pm
Is he comparing his beloved God to the air he puts in his lungs?

Even by religious standars, that is illogical.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 pm
I'm really getting sick of stupid people. Seriously, is it too much to ask people to think before they say something?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 pm
Wow, here I believed in wind this whole time, guess I should go and start praying agian....not, people are ignorant, and people who believe ignorant things like, "Believe this or else you burn in a fiery pitt for all eternity," will believe more ignorant things that come along  

Jester the Nightmare

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am
I wouldn't even bother with that statement...

" OH! I see where you are getting at...God is the wind. OF COURSE we can't prove of this all-creating wind. Because, obviously, you can't see it or know how it exists. "

I mean, Jesus Christ, ( The one with no power... ) there is something wrong with people these days... NO common sense what-so-ever?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am
Common sense went out the door with the man living in the fish and the guy talking to a burning bush dood. Still think hippies have something to do with the bible's design....  

Jester the Nightmare

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:11 am
Jester the Nightmare
Common sense went out the door with the man living in the fish and the guy talking to a burning bush dood. Still think hippies have something to do with the bible's design....

That explains a lot.
Everyone must be too high on PCP to think.
rofl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:18 pm
Just tell him that wind is quantifiable. God is not. We can prove wind exists. Unless he doesn't know what "quantifiable" means. rolleyes

MemoriesThatKill

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:00 pm
We can pick air up and move it around. If we push it, we get wind, and if we put coloured dust in the air, we can see the wind. We cannot do any of that to God.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm
I see ignorance a lot at my school.
quantifiable is a word I 'm pretty positive he doesn't know.
I'm sure if I tried to tell him that god is in no way like wind he would get all on me "For not respecting other peoples religion".  

x-tinora-x

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff