Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
Angels Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:40 am
Do you think that Angels exist?
There has been much research into them from the points of view of many people and religions.
There are, apparently, many different types of angels and they have different jobs.
Do you think they exist, and if yes, why?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:34 pm
Angels are certainly there. I'm not saying this from a religious point of view. Rather, I think of Angels as... spiritual messengers, or little helpers. It's useful to have an Angel watching over you, and in that sense, they're guardian spirits. I think you're right, in that there are different kinds of angels, and each has a different job.
I do not think that Angels are, you know, our dead loved ones watching over us. It's a comforting thought, but unrealistic. Why would a creature who's never flown before suddenly sprout wings and watch over their family from above? And who's to say they'd even watch from above? I suppose I'm just trying to say that if Angels are what most people think they are (beautiful, winged, deceased family members), then who decides which souls turn into Angels, Demons, or just wander? Sorry, I'm rambling, and not necassarily making much sense... Anyway...

I don't really have a good reason for believing in Angels, but... I just sometimes find myself feeling something that I know is stronger and more pure than your average spirit...  

ajina

Spawn of Sephiroth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:50 pm
very real as are demons havent you ever seen a exorsism?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:55 pm
Spawn of Sephiroth
very real as are demons havent you ever seen a exorsism?

Personally, I've never seen an exorcism, though I have seen clips. I am not fully sure about demons as they take a very grey area in both the supernatural and the religious sense.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Spawn of Sephiroth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:01 pm
true enough but If you really want to find out something strange find out what a catholic preist is required to know how to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:05 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 pm
Ooh, I also managed to find a website that has the newest Catholic Rite of Exorcism.

http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/english/p01975b.htm  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:01 pm
I believe strongly in benevolent beings that aren't readily visible to us--be they angels, helpful ghosts, aliens, or Martha Beck's Bunraku puppeteers--something is looking out for us.  

Nyctalopia

acana_marrionett

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:24 pm
angels are the most beautiful beings created..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:02 pm
acana_marrionett

You haven't seen everything created though.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Kupocake

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:04 pm
acana_marrionett
I believe in the Old Testament, the depiction of angels were very unlike the ones we have in mind (winged, blonde person with white flowing robes).

First of all, the cherubs (supposed babies with wings), according to Genesis, had many faces. That alone should say "this isn't a baby!"

Then there are the seraphim. The Seraphim had 6 wings, but they used two to cover their face and two to cover their feet. The Seraphim were supposedly crying.

----------------------
Back on topic...
Angels may exist. My mom gets frequent visions of my dad (deceased), smiling in some light-filled place. They weren't exactly on clouds, but it was just beaming with light, according to her story. Of course, that could be just a vision of heaven, but I don't know.

If demons exist in those exorcisms, then why can't angels?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:14 pm
I believe in the Devil and God and demons, but not angels. I believe that the there is good and bad but mostly when do you ever know of true angels but of true demons, everyone harbors a dead demon or a demon/sin of their own. The bad has more proof then the good.  

Mankati

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:26 am
kupocake
acana_marrionett
I believe in the Old Testament, the depiction of angels were very unlike the ones we have in mind (winged, blonde person with white flowing robes).

First of all, the cherubs (supposed babies with wings), according to Genesis, had many faces. That alone should say "this isn't a baby!"

Then there are the seraphim. The Seraphim had 6 wings, but they used two to cover their face and two to cover their feet. The Seraphim were supposedly crying.

----------------------
Back on topic...
Angels may exist. My mom gets frequent visions of my dad (deceased), smiling in some light-filled place. They weren't exactly on clouds, but it was just beaming with light, according to her story. Of course, that could be just a vision of heaven, but I don't know.

If demons exist in those exorcisms, then why can't angels?

But according to the bible, even the old testement, people do not become angels when they die. Angels are God's closest servants, not deceased people.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:23 pm
i do not believe in angels because their is a verse in the bible that states angels can no longer come to earth only wicked angels and that of the devils doings to seduce people.. when i find the verse ill post it i dont remember it though  

AnGeL_FilLeD_WiTh_HaTe

QUE_SAGE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:31 pm
excerpt from my LDS Doctrine and Covenants scripture :
"SECTION 129
Instructions given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Nauvoo, Illinois, February 9, 1843, making known three grand keys by which the correct nature of ministering angels and spirits may be distinguished. HC 5: 267.
1–3, There are both resurrected and spirit bodies in heaven; 4–9, Keys are given whereby messengers from beyond the veil may be identified.
1 There are two kinds of beings in aheaven, namely: bAngels, who are cresurrected personages, having dbodies of flesh and bones—
2 For instance, Jesus said: Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not aflesh and bones, as ye see me have.
3 Secondly: the aspirits of bjust men made cperfect, they who are not resurrected, but inherit the same glory.
4 When a messenger comes saying he has a message from God, offer him your hand and request him to shake hands with you.
5 If he be an angel he will do so, and you will feel his hand.
6 If he be the spirit of a just man made perfect he will come in his glory; for that is the only way he can appear—
7 Ask him to shake hands with you, but he will not move, because it is contrary to the aorder of heaven for a just man to bdeceive; but he will still deliver his message.
8 If it be the adevil as an angel of light, when you ask him to shake hands he will offer you his hand, and you will not bfeel anything; you may therefore detect him.
9 These are three grand akeys whereby you may know whether any administration is from God."  
Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff