Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Cryptozoology
bigfoot/sasquatch or Yeti

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:49 am
Bigfoot, also called Sasquatch, is described as a large, apelike creature living in the remote wilderness areas of the United States and Canada, specifically those in southwestern Canada, the Great Lakes, the Pacific Northwest, the Rocky Mountains, the forests of the U.S. Northeast, and the U.S. Southern states.
Whereas the yeti, also known as the abominable snowman, is a supposed large primate-like creature reported to live in the Himalayas.

What are your opinions on these?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:26 pm
I've heard a lot about these creatures, and I must say... I think there is such a thing as a "sasquatch." The Yeti is probably just a different breed that prefers the cold.
I think it's just a big, bipedic animal. It's probably, like, an endagered species, or something, and that's why sitings are so rare.
However, as I said of the chupacabra, I do not think that the Sasquatch and Yeti are supernatural occurences.  

ajina

A.Laran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 pm
I'm more inclined to believe in the Yeti or the Swamp Ape in Florida than the Sasquatch/Bigfoot/US/Canada thing, just because there's more places for it to hide. I think the Yeti is definately real. "Bigfoot". . . not so sure.

Suposedly there was a sighting almost right behind my house back the the 70's. . . creeped me out for a while and I wouldn't go back in my woods, but then I figured that my horse could outrun it, and would, if it jumped in front of it.

What annoys me, and I wonder if it does anyone else, is when they wonder why we don't find a body or whatever. That's assuming they aren't intellegiant. What if they are? If they are, then maybe they have funerary rituals, or even toilets so we don't find their crap. wink What do other people think?

Sorry about any spelling errors, I'm not speaking/typing well today.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:05 pm
I believe more in the Yeti, but you never know about Bigfoot, he could be real. Ive heard so many stories and seen so many documentaries. I mean things arent stupid, if they want to be hidden, they will stay hidden so noone can find them. I mean I wouldnt want my pic taken or taken away to be stared at.  

arcticwolf_blue

Dangerous Werewolf

14,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

A.Laran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:45 pm
I agree. Seriously. Journalists are everywhere. . . even if you're not famous but you do something they'll be banging down your door.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:21 pm
MAN. I wanted to post this. D=

Anyways, I honestly don't know my own opinion on this. Part of me thinks that the Sasquatch and Yeti could very well be real, but at the same time, they are so publicized and so many people are searching for the both of them, how can they not have been found yet? It's not like they travel over the entire world. Both are restricted to very small habitats, so how have they remained hidden?

Same thing with the Lockness Monster. Yet still, there's a part of me that really believes, just to believe.

AlskaNoelle

drumroll318

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:09 pm
no doubt these are probably real but they're probably some evolution of primape  
Cryptozoology

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games