Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of the two?
  God Child
  Before God Child
View Results

dieux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:45 am
Now if this has been done before, shoot me, point me to the thread and let this one die.

Who Honestly prefered the Count Cain art style before God CHild? I know I did.

The God Child books were, if I'm not mistaken, darwn waaaay after the first five were.

I'm not saying I hate, or even dislike that style, (Because it does wonders for ludwig kakumei) but I liked Count Cain's previous form. His personality also chnged during these books... eek

What do you think??  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:05 pm
I prefer after God Child. Since artwork is a really important factor for me, it's makes sense for me to pick God Child. I also find that God Child has more of a plot, in a way. That's when he was determined to find his father and learn about Deliah (I think it's called, it's been a while since I've reread it).

I also didn't really like Cain's personality too much in Count Cain...  

Moonlit Masquerade

dieux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:27 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
I prefer after God Child. Since artwork is a really important factor for me, it's makes sense for me to pick God Child. I also find that God Child has more of a plot, in a way. That's when he was determined to find his father and learn about Deliah (I think it's called, it's been a while since I've reread it).

I didn't like his change of attitude in God Child! I am an avid Ludwig fan and he seemed to be a less twisted copy of Lou-chan! xp

I also didn't really like how EVERYTHING had to be something about the father! Unlike Mark of the red ram (WHich was my favorite book) and such!

But, we're all entitled to our own oppinions.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:01 am
dieux
Moonlit Masquerade

I didn't like his change of attitude in God Child! I am an avid Ludwig fan and he seemed to be a less twisted copy of Lou-chan! xp

I also didn't really like how EVERYTHING had to be something about the father! Unlike Mark of the red ram (WHich was my favorite book) and such!

But, we're all entitled to our own oppinions.

I think the way a person carries himself is a really good window into their personality. Do you think one of the reasons why you don't like Cain's personality in the new books is because he's projecting a different air now that he's drawn in a different style?

Personally, I like the new Cain better. The slightly wavy hair of the old one never did it for me.

Oh, and not -everything- had to do with Cain's father. What about the "Crooked House" chapter?  

Qphelia

dieux

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:39 am
Qphelia
I think the way a person carries himself is a really good window into their personality. Do you think one of the reasons why you don't like Cain's personality in the new books is because he's projecting a different air now that he's drawn in a different style?

It's not essentially the drawing but the way he changed. For the longest time, I was stuck on 'old' Caine, and here comes god child. I tell you, He seemed to much like Lui-chan. Just not breastskirt chasing.

Qphelia
Personally, I like the new Cain better. The slightly wavy hair of the old one never did it for me.

Come now, it wasn't that wavy.

Qphelia
Oh, and not -everything- had to do with Cain's father. What about the "Crooked House" chapter?

Yes, I admit there was that, but it seemed like they couldn't move away from that square. It's like he controlled them just with his exsistance. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:00 am
I love the new 4laugh Kaori is the best 3nodding  

uriel-chan

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:50 am
Qphelia

I agree with the hair. I much prefer the straight black hair as opposed to the brown wavery one.

@dieux, I find that since God Child is more about Cain's obsession about his father the reason I like it better. That seems to be the whole plot of God Child..while in Count Cain I think it was more half of his father and half of the whatever was happening (I haven't read the Count Cain in a while so correct me if I'm wrong).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:06 am
uriel-chan
I love the new 4laugh Kaori is the best 3nodding

Err... what?  

dieux

dieux

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:10 am
Moonlit Masquerade
@dieux, I find that since God Child is more about Cain's obsession about his father the reason I like it better. That seems to be the whole plot of God Child..while in Count Cain I think it was more half of his father and half of the whatever was happening (I haven't read the Count Cain in a while so correct me if I'm wrong).

Well, is the reson you like God child's art style for count cain more beause of Cain's hair, or is there something more?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:18 pm
dieux
Moonlit Masquerade

Well, is the reson you like God child's art style for count cain more beause of Cain's hair, or is there something more?

Not just his hair. I find his personality is more interesting. And I like the fact that he's obsessed with his father. It seems to be the thing that is driving the plot of the manga.  

Moonlit Masquerade

dieux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:03 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
dieux
Moonlit Masquerade

Not just his hair. I find his personality is more interesting. And I like the fact that he's obsessed with his father. It seems to be the thing that is driving the plot of the manga.

*shruggs* I REALLY think he's too Ludwig-y! I already grew so attached to how he was before. The change wasn't something I appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:18 pm
Hmm... I haven't read the pre-God Child volumes in a while so I can't really remember which I prefer. sweatdrop  

dead.moki

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:51 pm
dieux

*shruggs* I REALLY think he's too Ludwig-y! I already grew so attached to how he was before. The change wasn't something I appreciated.

I like the fact that he's a leech..it's funny.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:58 pm
I prefer the Godchild series both in art and storyline--not because of Cain, but because of (dun dun dun). . Riff. Riff is in Godchild so much more than he was in the other half of the series, and has a much more involved role.

Plus, Kaori Yuki seems to have a better grip on the relationships between the characters and knows where she's going with them. I loved the way she brought together all sorts of little things in the end that one could have easily passed over as having nothing to do with anything.  

Cain_Hargreaves

Sonoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:32 am
Hmm, I think i prefer the God Child-art. I love the bright contrasts between black and white... Though I adore the Count Cain-art as well. 3nodding  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff