Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Belated home made Christmas Gifts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:39 pm
It's hard when you have planned out every detail of your home made gifts and then you time runs short (all you us college and school going kids know it especially) I am still working on gifts and I know that many will be late, but I know they still love them no matter how later they are. What late or recent gifts are you working on????  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:31 pm
Last year I had planned more handmade gifts than I could get done in time crying
This year I'm only making one, still not finished it yet sweatdrop I hope I don't run out of time! I can't say what it is though 4laugh  

BabyLondonStar

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:16 am
AccentualWolf
It's hard when you have planned out every detail of your home made gifts and then you time runs short (all you us college and school going kids know it especially) I am still working on gifts and I know that many will be late, but I know they still love them no matter how later they are. What late or recent gifts are you working on????
That's exactly what happened to me! I was planning on making everyone some ceramics, but miscalculated the amount of time it takes to make/fire/glaze/glazefire everything, so almost everybody will be getting late Christmas presents.. gonk crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:20 am
i'm in that situation right now there is only 6 days till Christmas and i'm no where near finishing a present for my next door neighbor crying its gonna b late gonk  

i call p o l o

QueenBea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:30 pm
HAHAHA .... I am still working on a lap quilt for my daughter ... I THINK I will get it done in time. Then I have this domino necklace for my best friend and HER husband wants to buy it for her, sigh. She picked it out at a bazaar where I was selling the necklaces and he made faces at me so I would know he wanted it. So now I have to make ANOTHER present for her! If he doesn't come and get the necklace soon it's gonna be MY present to her, BWA HA HA. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:51 pm
wah
im making fleece hats for my freinds...its been a fricken disaster. i ran out of fabric once, and then again, but this time im not going to get more >_< those people can just wait till after the holiday. XD yeah...ive made 24 hats in a 2 day period though...im amazing  

Kaorte

gemini6184

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:29 pm
I got everything done (curse of the knitter - been planning christmas since july) except the poncho for my friend, but it doesnt really matter since I won't see her til after christmas break biggrin I even threw in an extra project I thought of for my mom at almost the last minute - thank goodness it only took two days sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:44 am
I'm still making my sister jewelry, i just ran out of time with everything else i was doing. She's really understanding about it though.

And then i'm working on some graphics for a belated digital gift.

Merissa Hino

Mewling Muse

14,625 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:48 pm
Actually... I had a project that ended up getting completely canned. I was going to make a hat for my grandma, but I didn't have time to finish it... and even still, it would have been way too big. No idea what happened there. I knit a hat with similar yarn right before it... same gauge, same number of stitches cast on... and it was so much bigger. o_O I don't get it. And unfortunately, I didn't have enough room to bring all the materials home with me. I was already overpacked to begin with. So much so, that they couldn't get my bag on my plane. o_O It had to leave on a later plane, and I didn't get my bags until the day after I landed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:37 pm
I'm working on my friend's fingerless gloves. I didn't have any time before, since I had finals before winter break, so I promised to give them to him when the second semester starts. I feel a bit bad though, since he had been asking for them since December. xd I have one glove down, and one to go.  

blinked

curli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:18 am
I was stenciling shirts on the 30th to give to my sister and her husband as Christmas gifts.

Luckily, I only saw them on the 31st so it didn't matter anyways. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:05 am
blinked
I'm working on my friend's fingerless gloves. I didn't have any time before, since I had finals before winter break, so I promised to give them to him when the second semester starts. I feel a bit bad though, since he had been asking for them since December. xd I have one glove down, and one to go.

That's not bad, though. There's still plenty of wintertime left.

Last Christmas January, I started a scarf for my fiance... and I didn't end up finishing it until July. sweatdrop  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items