Welcome to Gaia! ::

The HeartGold and SoulSilver Guild v2

Back to Guilds

Oh My God! Go, Go, Go! Its Out, Go Get It! Go get your copies of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver! Join the Guild! Play the Game! 

Tags: Heart, Gold, Soul, Silver, Pokemon 

Reply General Pokemon Chatter--For Everything Else!
About time there was an anime thread....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feather Kana
Captain

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm
Looking around here, there's ample discussion going on about this game mechanic and that game moveset. I'm hoping to get more discussion started on the lesser-discussed aspects of pokemon, such as the Ranger series or the Dungeon series--or heck even the card series.

For now, though, I wanted to start a thread aimed at the anime. Do any of you still watch it? Since it moved to cable I've not been able to, although there are other ways to keep up with the general happenings of what's been going on with Ash (Satoshi) and company. I no longer require watching every single episode (and I haven't for a long time), but with easy access to the DVD's (by rental), there are a few memoriable ones I enjoy now and then.

It's easy to cover what I do miss by visiting websites like bulbapedia.

My main thought of the moment is I don't like Paul. What an (insert expletive here)! Not only is he arrogant, prideful, and abusive, while presenting a polite face to his elders and sneering down the rest, he will not listen to anything even the Elite Four talks to him about that does not agree with his personal status quo. He makes Gary look like a saint. Even Gary learned eventually what was more important.

Paul is also believed to be heavily based off the character Silver, which is another piece of Pokemon history that warrants a trip to Bulbapedia's archives to investigate. It is clear that, however, it is unlikely Paul is Giovanni's kid. (Silver on the other hand....go look it up! whee )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 am
One of the Things that always bugged me is that wants to be a Pokemon Master but yet you see one in the anime. Is there no pokemon master in the whole world of pokemon? Or do they not get out much? Sure there are strong trainers and knowledgable Breeders but no one who is considered a "Pokemon Master" Oh well.  

Best Pokemon Breeder

Feather Kana
Captain

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:02 pm
Heads of the Pokemon League are probably closer than most.

It doesn't seem right that defeating just a bunch of reigonal trainers gives you the undisputed title of "World's Greatest". Even that person risks meeting a legendary pokemon that is going to take one look at them and laugh themselves silly.

Ash has a very rare Aura ability and it is a shame that he is not going to exploit it more. Hard to give the kid such a rare gift and then nearly ignore it from that moment forward. (He's used it a few times since, though...)  
General Pokemon Chatter--For Everything Else!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games