Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Shaving + labret piercing.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 pm
So I've had my labret piercing for right at 6 weeks now. The healing time, according to my piercer, is about 8 - 10 weeks. So yeah, you can do the math on how healed I am. I am still having crusties form, just not as much as I was before. I really only have to clear them off once a day now.

I was just wondering at what point you think shaving would be safe? I'm afraid getting shaving cream in a still-healing puncture wound isn't too good of an idea, but I also don't wanna be putting it off for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 am
If you reeeeally want to shave you could try an antibacterial soap around the area instead of shaving cream and go carefully?  

Genea

Sexy Glitch

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:01 pm
Genea
If you reeeeally want to shave you could try an antibacterial soap around the area instead of shaving cream and go carefully?

Pretty much. And if it causes any discomfort, believe me, no one's gonna notice a few stray hairs next to the labret but you. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:37 pm
Ouch. That sounds painful. So it's basically wait the full ten weeks or possibly rip my face up trying to use an antibacterial soap instead?  

Dystopia Lycanthropia

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:40 pm
You could always shave around it then either pluck the hairs around it or get it threaded. Rather painful but if you really want to get rid of it, it works.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 pm
I always wondered about this! surprised My boyfriend has a nice beard and I thought "hmm..when if he gets a labret?" Would they have to shave it prior to piercing? o_o
I imagine shaving cream would hurt like a mofo in a fresh piercing...I've cut myself shaving and the cream burns it to no end!
I'd try even shaving with an antibacterial soap...lather it up and shave carefully around it?  

Emmikat

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff