Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Idea Sub [LOCKED]
Natural Disasters :D (For RPing purposes!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:15 pm
So, I was thinking about Haiti (of course) and a sudden thought popped into my head.....
What if every month or so, we assign random (or permanent, who cares?) people to roll a die in order to determine the following:

Village of disaster (1=Grass, 2=Cloud, etc.)
Type of disaster (1=earthquake, 2=Tsunami, etc....Obviously, Tsunamis will not occur in the Sand Village, so make special exceptions for certain villages.

Magnitude of Disaster (1=low, small damage, 10=Immense, Incredible damage, riots, etc...)

Feel free to add whatever else you would like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:16 pm
perfect lol xD  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm
It's not everyday I think of something like that. I surprised myself. gonk

It needs quite a bit of work, and maybe some other kinds of stuff, but this is just the general layout. : D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:31 pm
If we want to make it extra-realistic we can give certain villages a higher chance of certain disasters. For instance, if we say that the Sunagakure was on a fault line, then we can give it an extra number for earthquakes. Likewise, the village hidden in the rain could gain an extra number for floods. And so on and so on. Just an idea. Problem is, it could overcomplicate things a bit sweatdrop .
Okay, maybe a bit more than a bit.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Ronnel-again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:45 pm
Fault line wouldn't work too well. Doton users could theoretically fix them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 pm
You do know that fault lines go all the way down to the mantle, right? They're basically areas where to separate plates, which form up the entire crust, crash against each other. So unless Doton users can put together a large crack that is miles long and deep, I seriously doubt that fault lines can be fixed. Furthermore, even if the fault line was fixed, a new one will probably just be created because of the constantly moving magma in the mantle, which causes plates to crash against each other. Besides, faults don't cause earthquakes, they're just a sign of two plates being right next to each other.
Just saying. My geology might be a bit off though.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

WereWeasels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 pm
your geology is off, but only by a bit. when tectonic plates, crash together, mountains are formed, and minor earth quakes can happen as well. When they separate, chasms are created. When they slide against each other, earth quakes can be created.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Oops. Well, I guess that's what I get for trying to bite off more than I can chew.... Either way, back to the topic.
I think that the natural disasters thing would be a good idea, that is unless the really strong ninjas decide to go and change the weather system.... I don't know. Is there anyone in the guild like that?  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:01 pm
Probably not. But everyone will be so focused on fighting and being bored, this will shock them into doing something. Who knows? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:17 pm
Im sure Havock will find a way to take advantage of it xd
But ya, it sounds like a cool idea 3nodding  

rusbob13

Girl-Crazy Genius

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Flatterer 200

Samael KOT

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:02 pm
lenon01
So, I was thinking about Haiti (of course) and a sudden thought popped into my head.....
What if every month or so, we assign random (or permanent, who cares?) people to roll a die in order to determine the following:

Village of disaster (1=Grass, 2=Cloud, etc.)
Type of disaster (1=earthquake, 2=Tsunami, etc....Obviously, Tsunamis will not occur in the Sand Village, so make special exceptions for certain villages.

Magnitude of Disaster (1=low, small damage, 10=Immense, Incredible damage, riots, etc...)

Feel free to add whatever else you would like.

I'm going to laugh when the first 10 natural disaster sparks an attack and the village is completely taken over.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:20 pm
Its a good thing I'm prepared for the cloud.
Tsunami: Will build a giant wood barrier around the village.
Earthquake: I'm a master of earth, will think of something.
Tornado: Will try and counter it with my weaker third element.  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Panthers7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm
Or maybe,even though this isn't really a natural disaster,have some NPC played by the mods or something attack the village? It'll keep people on their toes as well as get some fighting experience.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:44 pm
This is a great idea, I love it! It keeps action going without really causing Wars of any multitude. Why don't we take this to the Main Forums so the guild can see??  

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Official Sasuke Uchiha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:15 am
ME NO LIKE IT.

User Image  
Idea Sub [LOCKED]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff