Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Mainlands
That new rumor? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerina-lynn

Distinct Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 am
Has Anyone heard about the rumor going around that theres gonna be a 5th generation? , I've heard it way to many times and just wanna clear it up with someone  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:21 pm
Cerina Uchiha
Has Anyone heard about the rumor going around that theres gonna be a 5th generation? , I've heard it way to many times and just wanna clear it up with someone

Oh, wow. I hope not. I thought the fourth was too much, but a fifth?! ...no.  

Phrygis

Space Hunter

36,175 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Winter Warrior 50

SgtNack
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:57 pm
You know I have seen every generation come out, I thought the 2nd generation was too much, in the third and fourth it seemed like they were just trying to make babies for EVERYTHING, and in the Fourth Basic non evolving pokemon are almost extinct.

But of course, I would not doubt if they continued on to a fifth generation. Pokemon is one of the biggest selling product of younger kids, and in some older kids who want to see it to the end. They would be stupid not to expand. So even though I believe they are running out of ideas, I think they should continue, it would be in the companies best interest I believe. I am sure they have thought of this, so I am 99% sure a fifth generation will emerge eventually, and if so, I will be there to invite it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:53 am
The release date , or so i heard was sometime in 2011 or the late 2010 , So far i think making more pokemon would be fun ((They seriously need to make an evolution for farfetch'd!!!!!))  

Cerina-lynn

Distinct Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

firestar1099
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 pm
SgtNack
You know I have seen every generation come out, I thought the 2nd generation was too much, in the third and fourth it seemed like they were just trying to make babies for EVERYTHING, and in the Fourth Basic non evolving pokemon are almost extinct.

But of course, I would not doubt if they continued on to a fifth generation. Pokemon is one of the biggest selling product of younger kids, and in some older kids who want to see it to the end. They would be stupid not to expand. So even though I believe they are running out of ideas, I think they should continue, it would be in the companies best interest I believe. I am sure they have thought of this, so I am 99% sure a fifth generation will emerge eventually, and if so, I will be there to invite it.

I believe 99.9%! HA!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:58 pm
Cerina Uchiha
They seriously need to make an evolution for farfetch'd!!!!!

That is SOOOO true! 3nodding  

firestar1099
Crew

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 pm
I hope so as there are many things that could be improve (if they haven't been in HG/SS) and if so DO NOT TELL ME! I HATE SPOILERS! I have successfully avoided as many spoilers as possible. Which is why I have not looked at any

For example: Voice controls! It would nice if we could actually call out our favorite Pokemon like in the anime series! I do one day want to yell Onix slam the foe's Pichu! Really loud or tell a Pokemon to use cut!

Trading could be improved GTS-Wise. I would like to have more than one choice if possible. I hate the fact that it's so as is. Plus I hate how it's just 9 and other. Then 10 and above. Like it doesn't matter about all the other levels as they are just mixed in together from that point really it should be.

9 and under
LV 10-20
LV 20-30
LV 40-50
LV60-70
LV 80-90
LV 100+

Not the way they have it set up now as it doesn't make much sense and some Pokemon are poorly train so it better to get a fresh Pokemon which are usually the 20-30 types. It would also be cool if we could trade from "egg" or breeded Pokemon.

Another thing the Journal that should be change in where we could type in or speak our own entries as the one in the game is pointless. Like I know what Pokemon I caught or battled since there's an app for that. I also don't care about which NPC I battle as I battle the same one all the time. Those entries are pointless. I much rather record who I am training, where am I go, and things I brought or saving up for. You know important things like that!

There's like what 450 Pokemon? Well we started with 150 so it would be cool to end it with at least 650 if not a whooping 750! (Assuming they do it like this last Gen and have three games) As yes some Pokemon could get baby forums or another evolution. Espeically, some of the classic ones like Krabby. He could get a baby form. Oh and do we have a zerba Pokemon? I don't think we have a Zebra one or a Panda one which is odd considering.

Also, MORE POKEMON PC BOXES! I'm a horader I don't like releashing Pokemon and I shouldn't have to. And what about people who like to breed a bunch of Pokemon? We simply don't really have a enough space if we really wanted to do it all. (Trainer, Breeder, and overall Pokemon Master) 30 boxes would be enough I think.

Oh and it would nice to start off with two starter Pokemon for once. Like keep the classic basic types (Grass, Water, and Fire) but then give us an random egg that's dual base Pokemon. Or Normal doesn't matter. I like how in Diamond people just gave you Pokemon but I wish they would have done it sooner in the game. As it was cool to get a Rilou but I couldn't really train it half-way through the game like that.

So yeah to sum up:
~ Voice controls (since the DS does have a MIC)
~Better trading options
~Better Journal and other options.
~More Pokemon!

~More PC Boxes
~Two Starter Pokemon (instead of One)
~Maybe ways to re-battle Gym Leaders over?

Yup those are my thoughts on how the game could improve greatly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:54 am
Quote:
Voice controls! It would nice if we could actually call out our favorite Pokemon like in the anime series! I do one day want to yell Onix slam the foe's Pichu! Really loud or tell a Pokemon to use cut!

Nooooo!! *LOL* As a twenty-something year old guy, I really don't want to have to yell at my DS to get my pokemon to do something! xd Can you imagine the odd looks you'd get if you were playing over WiFi in a public place? *LMAO* Although I do sometimes get the urge to go "GO WEAVILE!" when I trade pokemon! whee

Also, with Charap's Mimic ability, the quality (at least on my DS) was not great. I could barely recognize what I had recorded. I don't really have any games that use the mic other than to blow something away in the underground, so I don't know how well it would work in other games.

I agree that the Journal is not particularly useful. I like the "recap" whenever you load your game in Fire Red and Leaf Green. It's WAYYY more helpful than the journal to go "Okay, you defeated this guy, you cleared these plot points, and you made your way here to where you saved." It's particularly helpful if you have to go a few days between playing.

And more PC space is a MUST!! I recently went through my boxes and organized it by pokedex number...one of each species (including evolutions) and leaving spaces for the pokemon I haven't caught yet. I discovered that if you have one of each of every pokemon (493 in all) then you'll fill every box except for about 14 spaces in box 18. So there's absolutely no space to breed unless you're willing to release a bunch of them.

As far as two starter pokemon...I doubt they'll ever go that route. They want you to have to trade for the other starters. And plus, if you're new to the game, trying to coordinate two starters might be a bit much. As the character, you're supposed to be just starting out, too, so story wise it wouldn't make much sense either I suppose.

Re-battling gym leaders would be a nice addition, but the biggest thing for me would be a revamp of the GTS rules. First, I feel like you should be able to search for pokemon you haven't seen. Second, the trades are so freaking one sided. Everyone wants a level 100 legendary pokemon for something like a level 5 Bidoof. *facedesk* In my opinion, there should be a level cap based on the level of the pokemon you offer. For instance, if you're offering a level 48 Rhydon, then you shouldn't be able to ask for something higher than, say, level 50.

As far as adding new pokemon, that would be a must for a new generation. The only time they don't add new ones is when they release a remake (like Fire Red or Leaf Green) or when they release another game in the same generation. I don't expect Heart Gold or Soul Silver to have any new pokemon, and I also don't expect another generation of pokemon games until 2011 at the earliest. Japan always gets them first, so we'll be able to find out much more about it before it arrives, though!  

dklepto
Captain

Cerina-lynn

Distinct Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 am
Lol , I just want a new evolution for farfetch'd , Because i used to craze those things when i was little xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 am
Poor Farfetch'd.
I remember reading somewhere about that pokemon.
They said that Farfetch'd must have been one of those pokemon that just made a bad impression on the creators and thus has a horrible movepool, and equally horrible base stats. The only thing giving it justice now is the Stick item. Even then it needs to work extremely hard to be effective. xD

NDG Silver

Tricky Phantom

Cerina-lynn

Distinct Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:31 am
You know another pokemon everyone forgets , and i mean everyone! Dunsparce... no one even remembers him when i ask about him  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:40 pm
dklepto
First, I feel like you should be able to search for pokemon you haven't seen. Second, the trades are so freaking one sided. Everyone wants a level 100 legendary pokemon for something like a level 5 Bidoof. *facedesk* In my opinion, there should be a level cap based on the level of the pokemon you offer. For instance, if you're offering a level 48 Rhydon, then you shouldn't be able to ask for something higher than, say, level 50.

Yeah we should also be able to add Pokemon we battle over wi-fi to our POKEDEX! Look some players aren't all "hardcore" and can't afford to get another DS system and all the games and/or don't have friends to mix records with. Now that we have such communication stuff like that should be added. I mean I would pretty much have a full Pokedex if Pokemon I seen over Wi-fi battles had been added. I see no reason why they aren't.

Yes trading is whack though I think since traded Pokemon grow faster. If you offer a Lv. 48 Rhydon then you can get something up to a level 60. Since ten levels aren't that bad when its traded.

LOL I told you the PC Boxes were kind of bad I dunno what they were thinking only giving us 18 boxes. I had thought I was overly hoarding but I am not. This is why I want to trade with people so badly. I have all these Pokemon just sitting around almost going to waste and I can't really do much with them since the game is pretty much finish its a lot harder to train my own. Now if I could trade for doubles then.... Plus, I could use the Lotto numbers you know.

Well I thought two starters might be good because you usually do start collecting Pokemon right off the bat. Plus, like I said it would be a mystery egg and most eggs take a while to hatch. So by the time it hatches you should already have like a team ready to go.

My Mic works fine in some the other games that uses some voice control. Pokemon yeah not so much with Charap. I haven't use it in battling but I can hear others pretty well. That's why I thought of this feature. LOL I'm in my 20's too. Well what if it was just optional? Then again I guess it would be hard anyway as people like to nickname their Pokemon (Like myself).

OH I would like to actually type my own mail to friends. Like I know that would bring about some censorship issues but hey they do say Wi-fi experiences are unrated and if its between "friends" I dunno see the problem. I mean people are trading wii messages so why can't we do the same in Pokemon.

crying Yes if only I could re-battled the Gym Leaders it would make training so much better. As the VS seeker is great and all but you never know which level the other trainers have their Pokemon and if you carrying around a bunch of low level flying Pokemon and the trainer has a bunch of high level Rock types UGH! *face palm*

I have blacked out so many times because of this. So yeah if I could only re battle past Gym leader since just like the Elite Four their Pokemon would be in a frozen state and always pretty much be at the same levels.

Also, more stones would be nice. I mean what if I wanted to raise an army of Roserade? I simply can't because currently there's only two and the other one has to go to Togepi. Same with Dusk stones. Why can't these types of stone be found in the underground or how about a stone shop? Or trade those useless shards for stones?

So yes another generation of Pokemon is much needed and we still have a whole bunch of colors and minerals they could title it. I was looking forward to Pokemon: Purple. I was so sure they were going to have Pokemon Black and Pokemon Purple right after first Gen. sweatdrop I wonder if they made a Pokemon: Pink would guys be cool enough to buy it? xd  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm
Well I went around asking and this rumor does seem to be more than just a rumor. Some people claim that Nintendo has said in the next couple of years or so Gen 5. Plus Youtube has video showing this new Pokemon.

Oh you know what would be so cool. If in Gen 5 you can go to all the different regions! I would love that!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:55 pm
actually gen 5 is confirmed to be released late 2010 in japan  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Phrygis

Space Hunter

36,175 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Winter Warrior 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:42 pm
Mozuma Keeriachi
You know another pokemon everyone forgets , and i mean everyone! Dunsparce... no one even remembers him when i ask about him

I remember Dunsparce. Never forgot it! smile But, yes, it is quite overlooked. -nods-  
Mainlands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff