Suicide, Thoughts. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:05 am
Note: Realize now, that when someone 'thinks' about suicide, it's negative and bad, etc. So people really don't think about it. Further, when someone 'thinks' about suicide, it's perceived more-so that they're thinking about committing suicide, not just thinking about it as a subject. Which I am here.
I'm thinking about it as a subject.

Ok. So, don't ask me why, but I decided to take a logical look at the whole concept of suicide, and it lead me to a lot of questions/thoughts.

Your life is pretty much the most sacred thing you have, aside from your image, if you're remembered by history. But then again, all things come to an end, and so will history. Furthermore, with the Big Bang theory, everything's going to go back into a small piece of s**t and then re-explode. Thereby not even history matters. And some histories are just forgotten aside from scholars.
Ok, so pretty much from that, I gather that not only my life, but your life, and every other life is pointless, as all life will stop, and then there will be nothing left to assume importance of things, as something needs to live to appreciate. Or do anything. So, not only your life, but everything you do in life is pointless, as per, once life is gone, there's no importance to anything, as importance is a concept made up by living things.
Suicide is thought to be 'selfish'. At first I was like 'Yeah! Selfish!' but then I began to think about it. Nothing you do matters, so nothing is selfish, however, let's assume for a minute that things really do matter. What would be so selfish about ending your life? Sure, you could replace 'ending' with 'taking' but notice how that's really only applicable to life. So you take your life, but hey, it's yours, do with it what you will. How is it 'selfish' to take your own life? It's like people could realize the pointlessness of everything, and then just give way to reality, and stop pretending that anything they do matters.
I don't know, life is short, and you're supposed to enjoy what you have for as long as you have it. But would it be so selfish to get rid of it if you don't enjoy it?

I don't know, to me, it seems like suicide is neutral. It's bad because people say so. It's pretty much accepting the pointlessness of such, and putting yourself in charge of yourself for once, instead of bending to whatever destiny you're playing out.

Soooo.. Yeah.
Those are my thoughts.. I guess?
They don't seem complete.
Anyway, Cult.
Suicide: Your thoughts and feedback.
Go.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 am
Kuzodav
They don't seem complete.
Anyway, Cult.
Go.

Kuzodav
Anyway, Cult.

Kuzodav
Anyway, Cult.
Suicide

Kuzodav
Cult.
Suicide

Kuzodav
Cult. Suicide.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:57 am
AHURR YOU'RE SO FUNNY.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:04 am
"some things are just too good to give up"

User Image

~Hobo Scruffy

Hobo Scruffy

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:10 am
Hobo Scruffy

User Image

~Hobo Scruffy

But ultimately, everything is pointless, even good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:22 am
Kuzodav
Hobo Scruffy

User Image

~Hobo Scruffy

Then they should be remembered while they last. 3nodding  

Hobo Scruffy

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 am
Hobo Scruffy
Kuzodav
Hobo Scruffy

User Image

~Hobo Scruffy

Then they should be remembered while they last. 3nodding

Things happen, no one thing is more important than any other.
From an objective view, of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:57 am
User Image
Nothing is bad or good if you feel justified in doing it. What you don't understand is whether it matters in the long run, it matters immediately to the people you leave behind. Parents, siblings, friends, even people you don't know very well will all be affected by a suicide. Not because you're gone, but because you wanted out badly enough to do it yourself. Those left behind will blame themselves and wonder if they could have saved you because they don't understand your mentality. That kind of guilt stays with you your entire life - that is what is selfish about suicide. Many people with active plans wait for their parents to die or gradually excommunicate themselves from everyone they care about.

Suicide is like any other life decision. It is one to be made slowly and with lots of thought. If you're considering, I seriously suggest you investigate the side effects of your ideal methods, since with no experience you will probably survive.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:35 am
Kuzodav
Furthermore, with the Big Bang theory, everything's going to go back into a small piece of s**t and then re-explode.
That's the big crunch theory, which I'm fairly sure has been dis-proven. (Universe is still expanding etc)

As for suicide, I have conflicting thoughts on your stance that nothing matters. If I lived a good life and finally died, even though I wouldn't be around to appreciate it, is it of no value? I guess the idea you're trying to convey is that "nothing matters because one day it won't exist," but just because I won't exist, should I not try to live as well as I can?

I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:13 am
Lots of things are pointless. Doesn't stop people from treasuring and enjoying them. I'm not going to stop playing video games any time soon.

The dinosaurs are extinct, yet we know they existed. They didn't all commit suicide. Granted, they were all too stupid to, but that brings up another point. The human brain is supposed to be the most powerful survival tool on Earth. If it's so great for survival, why do so many of us want to kill ourselves? gg brain

Depending on how the universe ends (if it does), future life forms may find evidence of us, too. After all, if this all started from nothing, and ends with it, then it can start all over again.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I've thought enough about suicide to realize that I don't want to do it, but if someone else does, then whatever. I'm sure anyone who wants to do that already has an absolutely good reason.  

Waynebrizzle

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 am
Just a though, if life was forever, wouldn't it be pointless then, too?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:06 am
Waynebrizzle
The human brain is supposed to be the most powerful survival tool on Earth. If it's so great for survival, why do so many of us want to kill ourselves? gg brain
User Image
It's interesting, because in lots of cases, even people on the edge will admit that all they want is a better life. A user of a suicide newsgroup conducted an online poll asking people actively searching for partners and methods whether death was really the answer they sought; the amount of 'no's surprised me.

I think this answer best sums up my feelings on it.

Quote:
I think my suicidal ideation, as strong as it gets sometimes, is really just a need for my head to have a way out, even if it's unused.

Fantasizing about suicide is a coping mechanism created by a society that always needs to have an easy way out. Lots of suicidal people don't actually want to die, but it's morbidly comforting to contemplate an end to your perceived suffering.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:21 am
Well, the better life thing as opposed to just dying makes enough sense, but I'd never considered it as a coping method before, which also makes sense. That's interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 am
Everything is only as important as you make it out to be. If someone decides to look at everything as pointless, then that's how they'll live their life. If someone thinks that their life is pointless or is bad enough to commit suicide, then they have that choice. That doesn't mean that other people won't place importance on their death.

I've thought about if anything has any meaning, and about if I committed suicide, and I treasure what I have right now too much to stop living my life. In 100 years, none of what I do will really matter, but what I do matters to me. Not everyone sees things that way, though.  

Orphie

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:12 am
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVAAAAAAAAAAAH~!?  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items