Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Morgan Lafe.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:16 pm
Well I need help with somethng. Pretty much my friend Amos has been dealing with this person named Morgan Lafe (Can't spell last name) He has asked me to help him out also, but right now I don't have much of a lead. Can anyone help?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:25 pm
Nakamura Vega
Well I need help with somethng. Pretty much my friend Amos has been dealing with this person named Morgan Lafe (Can't spell last name) He has asked me to help him out also, but right now I don't have much of a lead. Can anyone help?

Morgan Le Fay was a character in the King Arthur legend. Hope that helps.

So he's been "dealing with this person" inasmuch as Morgan le Fay has returned from the annals of mythology to wreak havoc on him?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:27 pm
Well it is kinda hard to describe what has been happening, but yes and I don't know if I should help or not, I mean I do deal with Psi Forms and other spirits, but I just have a feeling that it's not my place to deal with it. He is better than me in this thing so I don't know why he needs me for.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm
Erm...what exactly is happening, if I might ask?  

Cunning Witch Angus

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:32 pm
Arcanist Angus

Well I don't know everything by word, but we have been dealing with a few Psi forms lately called Neos's(Pretty much like a chimera) and it has been going on for the past year and it has stopped over a month ago and now he is telling me that Morgan has pretty much took over for some reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm
Nakamura Vega
Arcanist Angus

Well I don't know everything by word, but we have been dealing with a few Psi forms lately called Neos's(Pretty much like a chimera) and it has been going on for the past year and it has stopped over a month ago and now he is telling me that Morgan has pretty much took over for some reason.

I sense a Mr. Dark...  

Cunning Witch Angus

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm
Arcanist Angus
Nakamura Vega
Arcanist Angus

I sense I Mr. Dark...

Mr. Dark?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm
Nakamura Vega

Mr. Dark?

"A sinister man who bears tattoos all over his body for each person seduced by the carnival into work with the freaks. Mr. Dark initially holds sway over the other main characters, but his power weakens when Charles uses happy emotions against him, something he cannot comprehend or withstand. Dark's background is a mystery, although he refers to being brought up through strict religious upbringing. When asked if he read the Bible, he replies "I've had every page, line and word read at me, sir!"." cite

Pretty much someone that creates a story that sometimes leads up to the end of the world or something. People will find that when they listen to him they begin to believe him and start seeing the things that they create which are actually just thought-forms that they have manifested into existence accidentally.

That's what this sounds like to me because Morgan le Fey is a work of myth and is long since dead. Explain precisely what the thought-form is doing.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm
Arcanist Angus
Nakamura Vega

Mr. Dark?

"A sinister man who bears tattoos all over his body for each person seduced by the carnival into work with the freaks. Mr. Dark initially holds sway over the other main characters, but his power weakens when Charles uses happy emotions against him, something he cannot comprehend or withstand. Dark's background is a mystery, although he refers to being brought up through strict religious upbringing. When asked if he read the Bible, he replies "I've had every page, line and word read at me, sir!"." cite

Pretty much someone that creates a story that sometimes leads up to the end of the world or something. People will find that when they listen to him they begin to believe him and start seeing the things that they create which are actually just thought-forms that they have manifested into existence accidentally.

That's what this sounds like to me because Morgan le Fey is a work of myth and is long since dead. Explain precisely what the thought-form is doing.

So what your saying is that it could be Mr. Dark trying to impersonate someone just to mess with us. So far this sound accurate and I do find this very interesting. If it is Mr. Dark what should I do?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:46 pm
"As her epithet "le Fay" (from the French la fée, meaning fairy) indicates, the figure of Morgan appears to have been originally a supernatural being. While later works make her specifically human, her magical powers are retained.[1] Inspiration for her character came from earlier Welsh mythology and literature; she has often been compared with the goddess Modron, a figure derived from the continental Dea Matrona featured with some frequency in medieval Welsh literature. Modron appears in Welsh Triad 70, in which her children by Urien, Owain and Morfydd, are called the "Three Blessed Womb-Burdens of the Island of Britain,"[2] and a later folktale preserved in Peniarth MS 147 records the story behind this conception more fully.[3] Urien is Morgan le Fay's husband in the continental romances, while Owain mab Urien is the historical figure behind their son Ywain. Additionally, Modron is called "daughter of Avallach," a Welsh ancestor deity whose name can also be interpreted as a noun meaning "a place of apples".[4] In fact, in the story of Owain and Morvydd's conception in Peniarth 147, Modron is called the "daughter of the king of Avallach." This is similar to Avalon, the "Isle of Apples" with which Morgan le Fay has been associated since her earliest appearances. Additional speculation sometimes connects Morgan with the Irish goddess Morrígan, though there are few similarities between the two beyond the spelling of their names."

This is from wikipedia - so yes I know not the best of sources- but I'm posting it to illustrate that Morgan Le Fay has been connected with other figures in the supernatural world. So it might not be that it is exactly Morgan Le Fay but another form of her.  

Underworld Priestess

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm
celticfireguardian
"As her epithet "le Fay" (from the French la fée, meaning fairy) indicates, the figure of Morgan appears to have been originally a supernatural being. While later works make her specifically human, her magical powers are retained.[1] Inspiration for her character came from earlier Welsh mythology and literature; she has often been compared with the goddess Modron, a figure derived from the continental Dea Matrona featured with some frequency in medieval Welsh literature. Modron appears in Welsh Triad 70, in which her children by Urien, Owain and Morfydd, are called the "Three Blessed Womb-Burdens of the Island of Britain,"[2] and a later folktale preserved in Peniarth MS 147 records the story behind this conception more fully.[3] Urien is Morgan le Fay's husband in the continental romances, while Owain mab Urien is the historical figure behind their son Ywain. Additionally, Modron is called "daughter of Avallach," a Welsh ancestor deity whose name can also be interpreted as a noun meaning "a place of apples".[4] In fact, in the story of Owain and Morvydd's conception in Peniarth 147, Modron is called the "daughter of the king of Avallach." This is similar to Avalon, the "Isle of Apples" with which Morgan le Fay has been associated since her earliest appearances. Additional speculation sometimes connects Morgan with the Irish goddess Morrígan, though there are few similarities between the two beyond the spelling of their names."

This is from wikipedia - so yes I know not the best of sources- but I'm posting it to illustrate that Morgan Le Fay has been connected with other figures in the supernatural world. So it might not be that it is exactly Morgan Le Fay but another form of her.

This has been helpful thank you  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm
Nakamura Vega

So what your saying is that it could be Mr. Dark trying to impersonate someone just to mess with us. So far this sound accurate and I do find this very interesting. If it is Mr. Dark what should I do?

Do you always jump to a supernatural conclusion before anything else?

Your friend is a Mr. Dark. Mr. Dark is a work a fiction, a caricature and archetype from Something Wicked This Way Comes. It means someone (your friend in this example) that believes in something for attention. In most cases for young persons discovering some sort of psychic phenomena this has to do with the ending of the world. That is what happened to me.

Take this logically: why would Morgan le Fey, a mythical character from a story that may or may not have existed, be messing with your friend?  

Cunning Witch Angus

Nakamura Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 pm
Arcanist Angus
Nakamura Vega

Do you always jump to a supernatural conclusion before anything else?

Your friend is a Mr. Dark. Mr. Dark is a work a fiction, a caricature and archetype from Something Wicked This Way Comes. It means someone (your friend in this example) that believes in something for attention. In most cases for young persons discovering some sort of psychic phenomena this has to do with the ending of the world. That is what happened to me.

Take this logically: why would Morgan le Fey, a mythical character from a story that may or may not have existed, be messing with your friend?

Oh ok I get what your saying now, sorry for the confusion on that part.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm
To tell you the truth I think it isn't the real Morgan(morrigan) as well. Despite the fact my answer may be a far fetch as well.

The real Morgan was in two cases a being of nightly love, and a being of emotional revenge.
If this is in fact the real Morgan's apparition. Then your friend is either the object of someones affection and they are trying real hard to suppress it themselves. Which can cause spiritual entities to combine and latch to him.
The only way to end it at that point is if the person comes forward.

The other way is if he himself cursed someone or something and an entity took anger at him for it. However as you can see, the applications for this scenario are very wide.
And in many cases can end very badly for the haunted party.

I hope that helps, any more questions let me know.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm
If it turns out to be a real person and she goes by the name Kerowyn as well, run fast and run far.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games