Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Grinder looks mind-blowingly good Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 pm
..but is no longer exclusive. I can't really say I care, though. Just look at how good it looks.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14352829/the-grinder/videos/grinder_trl_teaser_20410.html?show=hi

And that IS the Wii version. High Voltage has said that we won't even see the PS360 game until GDC. Whether or not some of it is CG, I dunno. I'm kind of in disbelief with how good some parts look.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm
I SHOWED WAYNE THIS cool

but yeah I'm ******** sold  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm
boo hoo it's not wii exclusive

Superman 64 was exclusive: poopy
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was not exclusive: great game
Too Human was exclusive (and hyped to ******** hell): poopy
Spider-Man 2 was not exclusive: great game  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm
YEAH! YEAH ***** YEAH! YOU SEE THAT s**t? THIS IS HOW VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES AND ZOMBIES AND DEMONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE! GET SOME MONSTERS! GET SOME! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! AHAHAHAHA
God I hope they still strive for online co op. Between this and Monster Hunter Tri, my multiplayer monster hunting levels will be stabilized for a long time. Holy s**t this looks awesome.

Oh and good for high voltage branching out to other consoles. The more money they make the better. I have faith that they will really carve a niche as an American third party game developer.  

Owwin

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 pm
Wayne you sent me this in an MSN message and I am just going to say that I cannot pass judgement on your excitement about the graphics because those did not seem to be gameplay shots  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 pm
The trailer looks in-game to me.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:35 am
The Betman
Wayne you sent me this in an MSN message and I am just going to say that I cannot pass judgement on your excitement about the graphics because those did not seem to be gameplay shots

Honestly, I'm still in a little doubt myself. It just does not look like something the Wii can do.

Then again, if High Voltage's initial demo of Quantum 3 was any indicator of the graphics they could do, then this is what their Wii games should look like.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 am
Waynebrizzle
The Betman

Honestly, I'm still in a little doubt myself. It just does not look like something the Wii can do.

Then again, if High Voltage's initial demo of Quantum 3 was any indicator of the graphics they could do, then this is what their Wii games should look like.
To me it looked like cutscenes, and when they did the part at the end with a BUNCH OF PICTURES FLASHING OMG ACTION there may have been some gameplay thrown in there, but it was so fast that you couldn't get a good look at it.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 am
The Betman
Waynebrizzle
The Betman

To me it looked like cutscenes, and when they did the part at the end with a BUNCH OF PICTURES FLASHING OMG ACTION there may have been some gameplay thrown in there, but it was so fast that you couldn't get a good look at it.

I'm pretty sure the part with the guy walking away from the explosion was in-game at least, because it showed physics objects at work. I guess we'll just need to wait until GDC to find out.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:36 pm
That is some shitty looking CG  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:49 pm
well I admit it does look promising, maybe it can deliver.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 pm
There is a difference between in-game graphics and gameplay footage. None of that really looked like gameplay.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:26 am
Trenn Flashkill
There is a difference between in-game graphics and gameplay footage. None of that really looked like gameplay.

That doesn't change s**t. If it's in-game graphics then it's still being run on the Wii.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:19 am
If you're talking about "gameplay" like literally there being no HUD or gun on screen, then yeah, it's not gameplay. But if The Conduit was any indication, High Voltage doesn't try to mislead people and shows nothing but in-game stuff, which is what their gameplay looks like. It's likely that some parts have been touched up a little, but there's no way they'd try to deceive people this blatantly.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 am
Dino Pakkun
Trenn Flashkill

That doesn't change s**t. If it's in-game graphics then it's still being run on the Wii.
No. It's called pre-render.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces