Submit

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:17 pm
The demo is exceptional and makes you feel overwhelmed and against great odds as a marine. Lighting is dark as always in the world of Aliens vs Predator, and can only get darker as gun fire and melee strikes (accidental or on purpose) can destroy most of the lights.

My only complaints are the Xenomorphs (alien) are a bit too gungho aimed at using executions. It is the fastest character, and therefore easier to run around an opponent and deliver the back attack insta-kill. It's also hard to kill when on the ceiling, because the marine is too slow to look up and fire. While the predator needs to be lucky enough to knock it down or use a weapon they have to locate as they start with nothing but invisibility, extra visions to use to see humans and Xenomorhps apart, and the blades on their fists.

It is nicely done otherwise and I hope the actual game rids these problems, for this is probably what I'm using a portion of my first paycheck on. *unless the D12 roll decision does so otherwise*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm
What did you play the demo on? and what kind of demo was it? multiplayer aspect or story?  

teh_n00b_huntr

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 am
Xenomorphs should be overpowered. They are the best species. Humans and predators are just dudes with funny tools. Xenomorphs don't need toys, they finish the job with what God gave them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:05 am
Wait.

Did I just hear that AvP is 'exceptional'?

Wat.

I might download this to prove you wrong, or get proven wrong.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
What did you play the demo on? and what kind of demo was it? multiplayer aspect or story?

The demo was on Xblah, it's a ten minute free for all death match, although players have a tendancy to go in as a two to three man group and gang up on people like them thar gangsta rappers do. rolleyes

@Kuzo: Eh so whatcha think there guy?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
teh_n00b_huntr

The demo was on Xblah, it's a ten minute free for all death match, although players have a tendancy to go in as a two to three man group and gang up on people like them thar gangsta rappers do. rolleyes

@Kuzo: Eh so whatcha think there guy?
yeah I tried it today, pissed me off that while I am trying to figure out the button layout, assholes kept killing me. stare I only played one round.  

teh_n00b_huntr

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:08 pm
Kuzodav
Wait.

Did I just hear that AvP is 'exceptional'?

Wat.

I might download this to prove you wrong, or get proven wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:37 am
When I did try, I couldn't connect to a server, as no one else was online.
XD  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 am
make a thread saying "culties playing AVP GET THE ******** IN HERE?"

Iunno I find it great so far, a few bugs here and there because it's a demo.
Some mechanics such as falling through walls need to be fixed hopefully, and a few little weapon tweaks that are needed. Avoid the flame thrower if you go human, It sucks in my opinion. If your lazy turn transitions on as Alien that way you won't need to hold down on the right trigger. Or if you suck as those as I do, don't have it on?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am
Oh I played it, it was fun. Couldn't kill s**t as an Alien or a Predator, only as a marine. D: I had way more fun as an Alien though. I'm still gonna get Battlefield: Bad Company 2.  

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces