Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
morality in my school

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 am
so i am a scientist who wants to build a new base for humanity based on communistic scientific principals on mars. ( let us not get into that task right now) so i brought this up to my christian/ catholic class mates (more like they are nosy bastards and found out from eavesdropping on me and my friends) and they were all like "so if its communistic and there is no money than what is there to work for, why wont i just steal what i want and not do any work?" and i tried to explain to them that everyone that is there understands that the work they will be doing is scientific and is to better themselves and the rest of humanity and they were all like " there are not any people on earth who aren't greed, it is our nature, its how we are in the bible( more bullshit)" and i was like people like that do exist, in fact me and my group of friends are those people. and they were like " i dont believe you" and i was like i find it funny that a group of atheists can accomplish what the entire christian faith cant. and they were like " what would that be". and i was like, live without greed. in a way i am closer to god than you are. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 am
Humans ARE naturally greedy, but not for the bibles sake. It's been that way ever since monkey-times and scarcity.

But I do believe a collective of humans working together soley to benefit the species as a whole is a possibility. All that would be needed are satisfactory dwellings, food, and a robotic command to be the head of command (so that fights over dominance won't ensue).

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 pm
You could also make the argument that cooperating with society actually is on your best interest, as it raises the standard of living for everyone including yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 pm
ranch_and_potatos
so i am a scientist

Im sorry, but when I read that and saw your avi I loled.  

FuzzBall 005

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff