Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What scared you the most? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanzama -CCV-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 pm
I used to be scared shitless of Giygas, but now I'm scared of all the female Sonic characters. Particularly Amy Rose and Sally Squirrel.
THE PICTURES. THE HORRIBLE FURRY PICTURES. DDDD:
*scarred*

What character, or anything in a videogame, scares (or used to scare) the bajeepers out of you?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 pm
Well when Majoras Mask first came out my mom got it for me and I ran downstairs at about 10 PM (which was late when I was 7 or something) to play it. Once I saw Majora on the screen and that music was playing I flipped s**t and turned it off. Then I only played it in a lit room after school for the next 2 weeks.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm
This is hard. Years after I played Eternal Darkness I had a nightmare featuring that game that ******** woke me up in a cold sweat.

A monster bear thing appeared in the game that killed my character, but the game didn't restart from the last save point. The thing just kept walking down the hall towards the screen. I finally freaked out and turned it off, but it didn't shut down, so I unplugged it and it went off. Then I turned around and it was right behind me and just ******** started tearing chunks out of me and I woke up.

Worst video game related experience of my life.

In game I kinda freaked out when my first ceiling thing (Barnacle?) got me in Half Life 2. Didn't know what was going on.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:45 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Well when Majoras Mask first came out my mom got it for me and I ran downstairs at about 10 PM (which was late when I was 7 or something) to play it. Once I saw Majora on the screen and that music was playing I flipped s**t and turned it off. Then I only played it in a lit room after school for the next 2 weeks.

The music is pretty damn freaky.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 pm
uhh...I remember the dead hand from the bottom of the well in OoT freaking me out pretty hard, but I cant say I was exactly scared of it.

later on...I believe that pretty much anything that jumped out at me made me jump a little, but I wasnt scared.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 am
I used to be so pants-pissingly terrified of ReDeads in OoT and Majora's Mask.

I finally overcame my fear of them at 11 or 12 when I played the game with muted volume whenever I went into an area that had them. I then gradually started playing with them around at higher volumes and now they don't really freak me out all that much.  

Sir Codin

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:04 am
Owwin
This is hard. Years after I played Eternal Darkness I had a nightmare featuring that game that ******** woke me up in a cold sweat.

A monster bear thing appeared in the game that killed my character, but the game didn't restart from the last save point. The thing just kept walking down the hall towards the screen. I finally freaked out and turned it off, but it didn't shut down, so I unplugged it and it went off. Then I turned around and it was right behind me and just ******** started tearing chunks out of me and I woke up.
User Image
Oh god I have had dreams like that. gonk

I am always nervous around water in games, even in games when the water can't necessarily kill me. I just get annoyed with any other kind of death, but death by drowning is something I CANNOT HAVE HAPPEN AT ALL COSTS.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 am
I always disliked the big eel in super mario 64, the annoying hands that teleport you to the beginning of the dungeon in zelda games and the huge bloopers in mario games that instantly killed you, but there's only one thing I've ever been really afraid of in any game.

THE UNDEAD IN ZELDA: THE WIND WAKER.

Even though the entire game is held in cute cel-shading, these guys creeped the s**t out of me. It started on that little island with the empty house, where you can enter a mini-dungeon underground. You're crawling through a tiny passage into a tiny room, and right as the camera adjusts to 3rd person view again that ugly ******** thing screeches at you, freezing you both ingame and on the couch, followed by humping you to death as your numb fingers fail to do anything useful.

I was hoping that would be the only one in the game since they hadn't appeared since, but I was proven wrong as I entered the earth temple (?). That whole place is filled with tombs you have to walk past. They break as you walk near them, and sometimes there's an undead inside. They're just sitting there doing nothing until you get close enough, then you get the procedure from the first encounter.

Since I was so ******** scared but desperatedly wanted to keep playing, I tried to snipe them off from far away, but arrows would only make them flinch and glare at you with glowing eyes for a few seconds before "sleeping" again, which scared me even more. So I attempted to get as close as possible to throw a bomb, and after many failures and bricks being shat I managed to find the perfect distance to stay out of their "aggro range" but still reach them with bombs, so I could finish the dungeon. After I beat the last boss and got up from the couch, my legs were shaking, my eyes bright-red since I forfeit blinking for like two hours and I couldn't feel my massacrated lower lip anymore.

I really need a hug now. =(  

Al Torrenz

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:21 am
As a six year old child from Ocarina of Time:

Skullwallutas charging you off their vines.
Giant Skullutas.
King Dodongo.

Those scared me shitless.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 am
ReDeads in OoT and TP. >_<
I'd turn the volume on my TV down all the way while walking through the Marketplace and I swear I could still hear them moaning.
And I was screaming for so long while trying to get through the Arbiter's Grounds in TP. Gah, so horrible. The Wind Waker ones weren't as scary, I found.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:57 am
I don't give a ******** what anyone says.

I'm terrified of Sweet Home for the famicom. I absolutely will not play it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 am
Heaven Smiles.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:29 am
One of the most underrated creepy games is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ******** that game made me jump.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:32 am
the people at the 2008 elections

They Cheered at stuff they knew little about!!!
and now our country is being run into the ground...  

Xilo The Odd

Orphie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 am
Pretty much all of LoZ: OoT and MM.

I was about 6 when I got OoT, and couldn't actually play it without being petrified of any monster until I was around 11. I still get a little on edge when it becomes night-time in Hyrule field when you're a kid.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff