Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Hey guys. Nintendo are doing more to crack down on piracy. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/09/2814726.htm

Pew pew you hackers.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 am
Owned.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 am
Quote:
Nintendo will pursue those who attempt to jeopardise our industry by using all means available to it under the law

Bad-a**.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 am
1.5 million dollars is a little ridiculous.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 pm
I'm glad they've started going for the sources instead of punishing random pirates.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:20 pm
Meta_Fish
Yeah but with how quickly that game has been selling, how much do you think they lost? Plus the cost of those "sophisticated technological forensics" they used to catch him. I would ask a ridiculous amount too. You ******** with me and mine, I WILL RUIN YOU, is my philosophy.  

Owwin

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:56 pm
Meta_Fish
A pirated copy has the potential to steal that much money from the developer. It's been estimated that there have been over 4 million illegal downloads of Modern Warfare 2 for the PC alone. That's about 200 million dollars lost for the developer. From one game, one platform.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 pm
Meta_Fish
User Image
1.5 mil actually seems kinda small to me. Celebrities sue tabloids for ten times that much for saying s**t that doesn't interfere with their profits all the time. But since he's just one person, I guess it's not like they coulda charged him 15 and actually expected him to pay up.

anyway GG Nintendo, way to make an example of him. I suddenly want to delete all my roms to avoid incurring your pricy, pricy wrath. sweatdrop

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:34 pm
I read an interview somebody took with the pirate and kind of chuckled at how bad his excuse was. He basically said he uploaded it to prove he got it early.

Upload a youtube video then, you ******** liar.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:38 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish
User Image
1.5 mil actually seems kinda small to me. Celebrities sue tabloids for ten times that much for saying s**t that doesn't interfere with their profits all the time. But since he's just one person, I guess it's not like they coulda charged him 15 and actually expected him to pay up.

anyway GG Nintendo, way to make an example of him. I suddenly want to delete all my roms to avoid incurring your pricy, pricy wrath. sweatdrop

User Image
Well roms are legal if you have owned the game previously, and i usually stick to games I know.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:52 pm
The Betman
Well roms are legal if you have owned the game previously, and i usually stick to games I know.
I thought it was illegal even if you had owned it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:06 pm
Owwin
The Betman
I thought it was illegal even if you had owned it.

Depends on where you live.  

Waynebrizzle

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm
The Betman
100% false. If you have any copies of a Nintendo (or otherwise) ROM that were not produced by the company (download, pirated cart, etc.) then it's an illegal copy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:49 pm
good on Nintendo, about time they decided to strike back.  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:47 pm
The Betman
Lady Psycho Sexy
Meta_Fish
User Image

User Image
User Image
I only ever emulate games I can't find. I really don't enjoy playing them on computer. So if they did come after me, I'd hit them up to sell me copies. 4laugh

User Image

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces