Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Heavy Metal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

space-ace1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:15 pm
If any of you remember, in the mid 80's Tipper Gore (AKA satan) HAd heard her daughter listening to a prince CD, when she realized what lyrics were being used. She was offended.
So, She made the Parents Music Resource Center. (PMRC)
These guys tried to ban all heavy metal music for being satanic, evil, suicidal, and lots of other fun stuff!
They did not win, but they caused the infamous explicit lyrics sticker we see on our cd's every day.

What is your guys's opinion on this whole thing and heavy metal?

I am a true metal head and I will never stop. Metal will follow me until they day I die.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:23 pm
Iron Maiden ftw.  

DanskiWolf

space-ace1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:27 pm
DanskiWolf
Iron Maiden ftw.

Yes, Iron maiden rules, but they werent really under fire on this.
It was more of bands like judas priest, ozzy,slayer, AC/DC, W.A.S.P., and twisted sister  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 pm
you don't even need to describe heavy metal. the words "heavy metal" just naturally mean awesome and amazing. smile it's just part of the definition.  

Skibblez

RiderOfTheLightning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm
screw the parental advisory, i buy it anyway  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:25 pm
RiderOfTheLightning
screw the parental advisory, i buy it anyway

ya, and thats another thing!
Like, the PMRC put the parental labels on cd's, but record stores, hell not even wal-mart will tell you that you cant buy it if it has the sticker.  

space-ace1

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:09 pm
Metal is the grand arse kicker of the music industry...therefor: FULL OF EPIC WIN!  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm
screw W.A.S.P, Def Leppard would kill them  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Elf4God

Invisible Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 pm
Metal is a great style of music and I enjoy it greatly. It's just not reasonable to ban or try to censor a style of music, but I think it's fair to put a notice on it so parents can know how age appropriate the lyrics are; its similar to why there is such thing as a movie rating. I heart metal biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am
yeah music is a sensitive subject if It dose not brake your leg of take from my pocket it is fine  

COMANDER COON

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Yes it was a crying shame to see Tipper 'Satan' Gore on the warpath...why does she remind of my Kyle's mom from South Park?

And isn't that when whats-his-face (Names are not a talent of mine) stunned Congress...by showing that Metalheads aren't idiots?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:51 pm
im a metal head to the end to man

iron maiden,metallica,judas priest,lamb of god,anthrax,megadeth and dont forget ozzy  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm
There are several metal bands that I like but it's not my favorite type of music. On point with the topic, I don't agree with trying to get rid of something just because a few people find it offensive. Otherwise, I don't think we would have any political parties anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm
Lord Izaran
Yes it was a crying shame to see Tipper 'Satan' Gore on the warpath...why does she remind of my Kyle's mom from South Park?

And isn't that when whats-his-face (Names are not a talent of mine) stunned Congress...by showing that Metalheads aren't idiots?

thats a good way to put it

i hate everyone in this pic
User Image  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:43 pm
Lord Izaran

To answer your question of why Tipper might remind you of Kyle's mom, I think it might go something like this. xd

I'm not as big a metalhead anymore as I was 10 years ago, but classic metal will ALWAYS have a place in my heart. biggrin  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games