Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Debate on Homosexuality Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 am
I was in my other guild in the Debate/Discuss Religious Belief guild on a special topic.
( Note: This is the guild all religious believers go to when they see this guild. rofl )

I asked for a simple thing:
" Give me, an Atheist, a convincing, sensible, and nonreligious FACTS on why homosexuality is wrong.

I got a half-assed Google search by a Gaian who gave me this:
http://www.bfamilyadvocates.com/homosexuality.htm

I don't need to tell you why each and every one of those are incorrect.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:33 am
Stuff like that is why, as a society, we are always taking one step forward and five steps back. Stating your opinion is one thing, but when its something inflammatory then its to far in my book.  

FuzzBall 005

SpeciesxConfused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:08 am
i loled really hard xD reading the 15 reasons here is my responce through an actual gay
1. ur basicly saying its not alright to be gay so dont rub it off on the kids which is really hateful so theres a lie right there kids are smart enough to know the difference between a good and a bad person (depending on the parent) i babysat little kids and they all loved me and their parents love me too so yeah big difference between homosexuality and a bad person.
2. look at china look at all the kids there without a family look at all the kids in south america in the street and look at all the gay couples that are just dying to raise a child but the government think gay couples would just molest children well there have been a HUGE number of cases where straight families molested/tortured/abused the kids and no one cares i know cuz my friend knows this straight family that adopted a boy and they dont make him go to school they arent going to pay for his college they incourge their little daughter to make fun of him and they dont let him go out so yeah its not like everyones going to be born gay for gods sake and theres always sperm donation that has worked wonders
3. what the hell do u mean there are femme boys and there are strong gays name one thing a guy cant do that a woman can do and there are single dads that are a kids mother, father, friend whatever grandparents even so shut up
4. umm how about straight couples uhh 10% maybe less? and what about divorced couples huh? i know like a huge amount of kids effected by their parents breaking up (both man and woman) which is a higher number than gay couples
5. everyones going to die and research shows that married couples live longer so maybe if gays could marry they would live longer hmm? and a child can move out anytime it wants normally at 18 so im pretty sure a gay person can live for 18 years
6. i love how its comparing to hetrosexual couples not many of them are there why dont u compare to straight couples lets see how much of a higher domestic abuse rate there is there
7. well if u would stop comparing to a less likely couple and to a more likely couple like straight maybe thoughs rates would be different huh?
8. well what if the couple is buddest? or jewish? or athiest? (like me) or something else? satanist? wiccan? other? times changed and ppl are starting to see how much bull crap there is in the bible and how no one cares and how gods a retard
9. we are not talking about hetrosexual marriage we are talking about homosexual marriage there is a big difference there so that one is bigger bull
10. u know someone i forgot who some girl married a 30 pound rock so im pretty sure thats unnatural so who cares? and maybe in ur opinion it is unnatural but there are unnatural things in the world and there is nothing u or anyone can do about cuz "god" made them
11. whats normal is a matter of opinion and how could u say thats not discremination ur keeping 2 ppl that love eachother from being together its not like gay ppl get married at random and if god is so high and mighty how come he couldnt make ppl hetrosexual? how come they are homosexual?
12. its fun thats what it is its like having a toy do u need it no but could u play with it yes its called exploring a lot of guys and girls do it some just choose to stay playing or use what they got its not like ur going to die from having sex with another person (if both are disease free and no complications)
13. if he didnt intend it then why didnt he just stop? he could have if he can do anything and maybe adam in eve happened so there could be more ppl and now that there is more ppl it should be alright and u know women are becoming less fertal by age so im pretty sure one way or another its going to endosexual? cuz god is powerless and ppl are starting to see its not real but a feeling from the inside which makes them feel safe and secure but whatever
14. well of course its not genitic it just happens babies dont know anything like at all they learn thats what growing up is a learning experience one day kids will just look at a guy and girl and choose guy or girl or both its just choice
15. ur pretty much saying that homosexuals should be treated lesser than straights just cuz a book that no one knows if its 100% legit and writen millions of years ago and edited a lot its kinda like wikapida xD and why do u even care why dont u try to fix ur own marriage and stop complainning about others will u? k thanx
oh and all of the resources are either .com or a blog and thats not at all a good resource just saying ;PP straight ppl are great too srry for errors xD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:29 pm
Geez, really? Here's some food for thought. Mutter at the air on your own time, instead of poking into other people's love lives, whether it be homosexual or heterosexual. Honestly, this argument between people who oppose gays has gotten beyond ridiculous.  

BlackAngelDust

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 pm
Yeah, the fact is that there is absolutely no objective, reasonable argument against homosexuality. It's bred purely out of bigotry and ignorance.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:13 pm
Oh yeah, this is absolutely non-religious.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

ImOnlyHuman16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 pm
Wow what a load of BS. I still don't understand why it's society's business who we love. I have a bunch of those christian friends who thinks it's a sin. How is love a sin? Explain that to me. They think that we are sexual monsters or something and heterosexuals aren't?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:00 pm
ImOnlyHuman16
Wow what a load of BS. I still don't understand why it's society's business who we love. I have a bunch of those christian friends who thinks it's a sin. How is love a sin? Explain that to me. They think that we are sexual monsters or something and heterosexuals aren't?

I used a similar argument like that before and someone told me
" ***** use that 'love' excuse. Does that make it right? "
I was deeply shocked, kinda.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:54 pm
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16

Holes and more holes in their logic.

Kids cannot comprehend that kind of love, all they feel is platonic love, unlike ***** fully grown men or women can, in the other hand. How does ***** relate to homosexuality?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:13 pm
[-Erik-]
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16

Holes and more holes in their logic.

Kids cannot comprehend that kind of love, all they feel is platonic love, unlike ***** fully grown men or women can, in the other hand. How does ***** relate to homosexuality?

Hey, it's always bigotry.
If Bible arguments don't work, you switch to something else.
Like the guy above who tried to say that Homosexuality wont just lead to molestation, but Domestic Violence, Divorce (LOL you have to be married first...), and spreading Homosexuality to others. (Why would that be bad? I heard someone say they want to spread their religion on others at a very young age but never did they mention the idea of it being bad. )

This whole argument of homosexuality being wrong everywhere is just sad...

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16

Yeah, that's like the "The next thing you know, people will be marrying their dogs!" argument.

It's all a matter of consent. Children can't legally consent, and neither can animals. Full-grown men and women, gay or straight, can consent.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16

Yeah, that's like the "The next thing you know, people will be marrying their dogs!" argument.

It's all a matter of consent. Children can't legally consent, and neither can animals. Full-grown men and women, gay or straight, can consent.

Funny, because I continued into the argument and that's what he said next. XD
It's all this Heterosexual pride people have.
Either someone matches your beliefs or they shouldn't be the same.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Atheist Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:32 pm
beign homosexual in other religions or beliefs could be dangerous  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Atheist Guy
beign homosexual in other religions or beliefs could be dangerous
Brilliant observation  

dl1371

dl1371

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:54 pm
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo
ImOnlyHuman16

You forgot corporations  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces