Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply Help Thread - Online Gameplay
Tactical Nuke 101 (A Breakdown and Guide) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 am
So basically, I'm getting a lot of PM's asking if I've gotten nukes, how many, how did I do it, etc. So I'm writing a little nuke breakdown/guide. Hope it helps some of you.

Tactical Nuke (25 killstreak reward)
Difficulty: Medium - Hard

------------------------------

I'll start with what killstreaks you should equip.

Obviously it would be extremely hard to get a straight up 25 kills in a row. Factors include you location will eventually get revealed, you may run out of ammo, or simply your team just sucks.

Your killstreaks should require atleast seven kills to begin with. Six if you're lucky. I found Harriers and Pavelows work best, and are popular. Next, you obviously need something that will get you a lot of kills in a short amount of time. AC130s or Chopper Gunners is a must. And finally, your nuke.

Recommendations:
Harrier Strike/Pavelows - You want something that can fly and get kills. Airstrikes are good, but they don't last.
AC130/Chopper Gunner - As I mentioned, these get a lot of kills, fast. My top is 21 kills BEFORE getting shot down. Personally, I use the AC. It's very hard to shoot down, and you get nice explosions. The only down side is you have to reload, unlike Chopper Gunners.
Tactical Nuke - Duh.

Next, the game mode.

I do not recommend Hardcore at all. If you get shot, just once, there's a very little chance you'll survive the attack. The best game mode I found is domination, ground war, or sabotage. All have lengthy match with plenty of time to get your kills.

Recommendations:
Regular Team Deathmatch
Sabotage
Ground War
Domination/Capture the Flag

Pro-tip: I strongly recommend a game with an objective. That way, some people are distracted from you by the objective, making your kills easier.

Next, your weapons.

You want a powerful gun with good accuracy. I recommend the SCAR or TAR. There are pros and cons to both.

SCAR
Pros: Great accuracy. Good Damage
Cons: Slow fire rate.

TAR
Pros: High rate of fire (more damage in short amount of time). Good damage.
Cons: Less than acceptable accuracy.

You definitely want a silencer. This is a must. You don't want a random person seeing you on their radar to hunt you down.

For secondary, I suggest a launcher. Thumper works very well, as well as rocket launchers. There are very useful in tight corners where you know you'll die.

For the equipment, I suggest semtex or claymore. The advantage of a claymore is that you can cover your back in a building.

Grenades, I suggest stun or flash. Stun slows the enemy, but they can still see you. But, you can run a little past him, to shoot him down before he can target you. With flash, they are completely blind for four seconds. One of two things will happen: the target will stand still or lay down, OR shoot randomly. Be careful on your decision.

Perks are important.

1st Perk: Definitely Scavenger (Pro). You can replenish your ammo if you get low (and you will), replenish your equipment and grenades aswell. Also, if you get Pro, you'll respawn with extra mags.

2nd Perk: Stopping Power or Cold-blooded. Since I don't suggest hardcore, you'll be fine with stopping power (since you have the silencer, right? -nudge-). This allows you to kill multiple targets quickly if more than one approaches you.

3rd Perk: Commando Pro. This is extremely vital in buildings where firepower may not take its course before you are shot. It is also an excellent dodging tool. I, myself, along with teammates have been completely owned by knifers that wipe out an entire room of us simply by dodging the bullets as they stab and jump around the room.

And last, but not least, your tactic. (It is, after all, called a tactical nuke for a reason). You must WANT the nuke. BE the nuke. Etc.

There are many methods to choose from. Spot camping is the easiest.

Spot camping -- Not the regular "stare in one spot and hope no one notices you." Far from it. As it says in the name, your camping/protecting a certain spot.

Pro-tip -- Pick a nice spot close to the objective (if you have one.) This funnels the enemy into the objective, open for fire.

Guide -- Set claymore at doors (2 claymore max. Anymore than 2, and the first one you set will explode), and look through various windows. Be sure to keep a keen eye for enemies at elevations. I recommend a semi-popular structure, with plenty of room to move around and hide behind walls, props, etc.

Running -- Kill a guy here, run to another little gateway, get another kill, etc. A little harder, but very possible.

Guide -- Set random claymore at doorways as you make your way around the map. Be sure to triple check popular camping spots as you run. Have a keen eye and quick aim.

Pro-tip -- Only crouch to avoid being seen. Crouching disables you from running away faster if you are flanked.

Sniping -- The hardest. Mainly because it takes sooooo long to get kills. Requires a special class. I'm not a sniper when it comes to nukes. But I might come up with a good nuke-sniper class. I have friends that live for it.

Guide --You must stay unseen (some maps inpossible (coughquarrycough) and you must have complete cover, with only one line of fire. Some may try to keep lookout of different directions, but they are often blindsided by grenades and tubes.

That's all folks. As for my personal stats, I've gotten 19 nukes (2nd Prestige, Rank 42 as of today). 17 Spot camping, 2 Running.

It's really not hard. The main point is that you have fun while doing it. I actually enjoy other killstreaks more than the nuke now. Whatever makes you happy.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm
Thanks for this , ive only gotten one nuke sad  

Baby Ghouls

Dangerous Lunatic

6,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100

Lustful Hatred

3,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 pm
thanks this will really help  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:27 pm
nukes really aren't that great.  

AsianWeedWacker

Nareleth

Feline Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 am
ty i never got higher than 10 kills but i'm a noob, and i never thought of going back to stopping power pro after i switched to cold blooded pro, or getting silencers, but i do need tips and suggestions so i'll try it, but i just recently got three killstreaks awards to get, 5 more. And i never got killstreaks past 7 kills, but i'll try it. i've been nuked three times.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 pm
hmm.  

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

Rouga Tsurugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:34 pm
thx i already got a nuke so i mostly play search and destroy  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 am
with all due respect u cant really break down a nuke ((unless u camp)) u either get it or u dont  

miles21beast

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:11 am
miles21beast
with all due respect u cant really break down a nuke ((unless u camp)) u either get it or u dont

I think I just did. I mean, it's a guide. You don't have to use it.

/latepost  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:30 am
I don't think I will ever get a nuke. The highest killing streak that I had was 16 (9 left to nuke).  

NejiHyuga900

Sparkly Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:16 pm
NejiHyuga900
I don't think I will ever get a nuke. The highest killing streak that I had was 16 (9 left to nuke).

It's not hard, really. You basically have to let your AC/CG do the work. You need to get a minimum of 10 kills with it. That way you only have 4 kills to camp or whatever. So if you get shot down, you're not getting it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 pm
I got a nuke with UMP 45 Holographic Marathon/Cold Blooded/Ninja
Harriers,AC130,Nuke  

Xxsniper_baseballxX

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:25 pm
RPTR_knifer
I got a nuke with UMP 45 Holographic Marathon/Cold Blooded/Ninja
Harriers,AC130,Nuke

Like I described, a "running" nuke. Lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 am
Another tip would to have Danger Close Pro as your 2nd perk, and using Harrier, Chopper Gunner, and then Nuke. Typically, you only need to get to your Harrier to get your Nuke.
Harrier nets you 4 kills = Chopper Gunner
Chopper Gunner + Danger Close Pro = Instant Slaughter.  

Sir Krishna

xXskatementalXx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:27 pm
well you talked about the scar and tar. Ive gotten many 23 kill streaks using the tar. tar with silencer, scavenger pro, cold blooded pro, and ninja pro, claymores and stuns harrier chopper nuke  
Help Thread - Online Gameplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff