Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Somebody help me, please! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetsubou Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:03 am
Ive got a rather frightening spirit near (not in) my house, I was just typing on my laptop at my desk in the living room. I heard a wierd whistle noise, it was more like blowing than a whistle though, but when I looked up a rather tall ghostly form with deep sunken eyes stood in my sliding glass door, he stared at me, it was filled with hatred, he cant come iside or I can assure you he would have, But I couldnt move, his eyes held mine until my cat jumped into my lap and broke the fear he held over me, my whole body feels as though its being poked with sewing needles and Im crying as I write this, Does anyone know how to help me? What can I do to stop him? Please please tell me, I didnt know anywhere else to turn...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm
1. don't piss it off, w/e it is. 2. check out the house's history and the near by houses' histories, something from th past might have caused it. if you're Christian, a local priest might help. i might not be as helpful and knowledgeable as some of these people but i'm pretty sure those are some smart ideas, messege me if u have comments, i don't like talking in forums  

xXTranquilDemonXx

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:41 pm
Agreed look into the history. Something that makes me feel better is having some sort of religious charm around the house. Like if you are a Christian get a cross necklace. It may help a little with peace of mind at the very least.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 pm
i've heard burning sage helps? and possibly offerings? (not SACRIFICES like blood or anyhing) maybe leave food/wine out? that may just leave you with drunk stray cats, though. I'm just suggesting. i would do some research on protection spells/charms. and set up a psi shield.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Psi-Shield  

redwolfshadow

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 pm
I am but a servant...

Why not blood? Blood is a highly potent tool for any sort of working.

...of the Cunning Flame

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 pm
well, if you gave it a taste of your blood, what happens when it wants more, and more, and more? its not like you can just go to wallgreens and buy more.  

redwolfshadow

xXTranquilDemonXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:25 am
Offering blood also sounds too....demonic, almost like sealing some kinda blood deal. and if u did that, what if it did keep wanting more? sooner or later u'd be drained; and even if it went away for a while, what if it came back later and was like.....some kinda ******** up demon and it tried killing u? if u ask me, blood offering does NOT sound smart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am
xXTranquilDemonXx
Offering blood also sounds too....demonic, almost like sealing some kinda blood deal. and if u did that, what if it did keep wanting more? sooner or later u'd be drained; and even if it went away for a while, what if it came back later and was like.....some kinda ******** up demon and it tried killing u? if u ask me, blood offering does NOT sound smart

Honestly, you could whip up a million "what if" scenarios when it comes to the occult and magic, and each of them would be logically valid. The only way for us to find out if these theories are as dangerous in practice as they seem to be in theory is by trying them out. Relying on how things "sound" is not always the best way to go.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

xXTranquilDemonXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:05 pm
that may be true, but i'd rather put up with some ghost staring at me than some demon attackin me and most likely killing me because i didn't know what would happen or what i was doing really  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm
xXTranquilDemonXx
that may be true, but i'd rather put up with some ghost staring at me than some demon attackin me and most likely killing me because i didn't know what would happen or what i was doing really

Just because you don't know the effects that a particular rite will have doesn't mean that it will necessarily (or even probably) result in demonic evocation or any other malign phenomena. And certainly, there's nothing inherently "demonic" about offering up blood - it's a common practice in Vodou to offer the blood of chickens or goats to the "gods" of the religion, and we even partake of Christ's blood at Communion. Of course, there are religions where blood is considered tainted - Shinto being one - but just idly guessing that demons will pop up because you're offering up blood isn't a reasonable assumption -- sealing something in blood came about to demonstrate how willing you were to spill your blood for the contract, not because demons demand it.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 pm
Using blood is a good way to strengthen spell work. It has been used as a sacrifice in many religions. Using blood doesn't mean that you are going to conjure a demon. Obviously the thing outside your door has limitations so it can't come in your house. So just don't invite it in. While it is frightening take the time to do a lot of research into psychic protection before just jumping into doing something. Although I would recommend using sage and doing a cleansing. That is easy to do and may help you and it's not something you can really mess up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 am
My only advice: Keep the cat around.

Though if you don't mind, I'd like to know your general location to as much detail as you're willing to give... I've been looking for something fitting a similar description to that thing.  

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200

xXTranquilDemonXx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:40 pm
Abbot_Natalis

Though if you don't mind, I'd like to know your general location to as much detail as you're willing to give... I've been looking for something fitting a similar description to that thing.

dude......sorry but that sounds like stalker crap....sorry....had to say something  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm
I have heard that people use to put jars filled with broken mirror shards in their windowsills to keep spirits out. It supposedly distracts them and they have to look into every shard of mirror before entering and get frustrated and leave. Maybe you could do this, but put one on each corner of your property.  

XAmerican_PrinceX

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 am
xXTranquilDemonXx
Abbot_Natalis

dude......sorry but that sounds like stalker crap....sorry....had to say something

I don't care if it's as vague as "East Coast of USA". That'd be enough. Getting that information is more important than how it 'sounds' to ask for it, as I was aware of how it sounded when I typed it up. I wonder where the OP went though...  
The Study (Research)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff