Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Recommended SNES games? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 am
So...I was a Genesis kid. Not so much because I chose a side as because it's all that I was exposed to at the time. 15 years later, a friend finally gave me an SNES for my birthday, completing my collection of Nintendo's consoles. Problem is, with such underexposure back in the day, I have no idea what games to get for it. My friend gave it to me with Super Metroid and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and I have the GBA releases of Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and A Link to the Past (the last of which I've played the original SNES version of before), so I have an opinion of those games, but beyond that, I'm pretty much completely in the dark. So I'm asking you guys, what other SNES games did I miss out on, playing on my Genesis when I was 7 years old?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 am
Earthbound, Kirby Superstar, Super Mario RPG to name a few.  

System C O R R U P T

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:21 am
User Image
Definitely look for Super Mario All-Stars. It's SMB 1, 2, 3, and Lost Levels, all with the option to save your data. whee the Donkey Kong Country trilogy is another must-have. Diddy's Kong Quest is the crowd favorite, but there were no fail games in this series, so whatever number you find you'll be satisfied with. I'd say get Kirby Superstar, but if you have a DS, just get Kirby Superstar Ultra instead. It has more games.

If you like silly games, you might want to keep your eyes peeled for Claymates, Pocky and Rocky, and Legend of the Mystical Ninja. Mario Paint was a solid time-waster, but you have to get a copy that comes with the mouse and mousepad or else it's useless.

If you find an affordable copy of Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire/Breath of Fire 2, Lufia/Lufia 2, or Earthbound, pinch yourself. If you don't wake up, buy it.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:07 am
System C O R R U P T
Earthbound, Kirby Superstar, Super Mario RPG to name a few.
Also Illusion of Gaia, Link to the Past, and Kirby's Dreamland 3.  

8Bit Jack

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 am
c'mon name some common ones. i got one rare one to look for though.

super metroid (hard to find)
super mario all-stars (with super mario world.)
donkey kong country 3.

theres my list of good ones to go out and find.
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

If you find an affordable copy of Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire/Breath of Fire 2, Lufia/Lufia 2, or Earthbound, pinch yourself. If you don't wake up, buy it.

User Image
hell don't even pinch yourself just buy it and store it somewhar in yur BRAYNE!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 am
Link to the Past
Mario Kart
metroid
the one Icarus is in  

Frog Apocalypse

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:17 am
Emporer NeoWing
Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid (Fix'd)
the one Icarus is in
Pit is in Kid Icarus, which was for the NES. There was another game, but that was on the GB.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am
8Bit Jack
Emporer NeoWing
Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid (Fix'd)
the one Icarus is in
Pit is in Kid Icarus, which was for the NES. There was another game, but that was on the GB.

i forgot the super gonk shoot me now  

Frog Apocalypse

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:30 pm
Xilo The Odd
super metroid (hard to find)

Hmm, I guess that makes it an even more awesome gift than I first thought! He knew I was a Metroid fan, so one of the games he gave me was one he knew I wanted and the other was one he enjoyed.

Anyway, I did have a lot of these games in mind, but as I was hoping, you guys have recommended a lot that I've never even heard of, so I'll definitely have to look into those. Before I asked, I was looking into Super Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, EarthBound (though that one's expensive enough it probably won't be happening), and of course, A Link to the Past. You guys have definitely given me more ideas, so thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm
If you ever get the chance (which I somehow doubt, because it's extremely hard to find) E.V.O: Search for Evolution. It's an awesome game.

If you want anything for when your brain has shut off too far to function in anything but patterns, the original Harvest Moon is a soothing game.  

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm
Keeskee
If you ever get the chance (which I somehow doubt, because it's extremely hard to find) E.V.O: Search for Evolution. It's an awesome game.
YES E.V.O.!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Keeskee
YES E.V.O.!
wats evo. is it on the virtual console yet or will i have to find a rom?  

Xilo The Odd

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:19 pm
What's that game that was kind of like a prequel to Illusion of Gaia or Actraiser of something. It was Actraiser, I swear it was like a prequel to it, because it had the same font and a similar concept. Shhiiiiit. You go through dungeons and fight things that slowly bring back the world that was destroyed. ********, I forget what it's called.

Help? D:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm
i'm not seeing any earthworm jim in here(screw the N64 one), although it was also on the genisis, the SNES had better qualities.  

sgt.Frosty

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 pm
Ribbin
What's that game that was kind of like a prequel to Illusion of Gaia or Actraiser of something. It was Actraiser, I swear it was like a prequel to it, because it had the same font and a similar concept. Shhiiiiit. You go through dungeons and fight things that slowly bring back the world that was destroyed. ********, I forget what it's called.

Help? D:
Soul Blazer, I'm guessing?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas