Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The incredible early history of Nintendo.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 am
Before making video games Nintendo had "love hotels" (no joke), Playing cards, electronic love tester machines and a toy company that was getting crushed by Bandai.

So, Nintendo originally started out in favor of prostitution if you read between the lines... Then, went on to create a device called the NES which made some people never leave their home. Thus, never get laid.

How freaking hilarious is that? icon_xd.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Nintendo

http://www.cracked.com/article_18401_6-global-corporations-started-by-their-founders-shitty-luck.html

Makes it kind of hard to take Nintendo serious about parental advisory on games eh?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 am
It's ironic, yes.  

Vaettur

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:03 am
User Image
I played SNES my entire time through high school and I had more sex than many of my party-hard classmates.

Also I already knew that. It's not really surprising (or funny) when you take into account the fact that money makes the world go round. I think they should get back into the love hotel business. I would pay good money to spend a couple hours with a Japanese dominatrix in a Zelda-themed sex dungeon.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
I played SNES my entire time through high school and I had more sex than many of my party-hard classmates.

Also I already knew that. It's not really surprising (or funny) when you take into account the fact that money makes the world go round. I think they should get back into the love hotel business. I would pay good money to spend a couple hours with a Japanese dominatrix in a Zelda-themed sex dungeon.

User Image
[/quoteI have a rather active sex life with my girlfriend and I play a lot of games. It was a joke I couldn't resist making though xd wink

So, would Ganon watch in your dungeon? cool

Satrevi

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 am
Satrevi
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image
I have a rather active sex life with my girlfriend and I play a lot of games. It was a joke I couldn't resist making though xd wink

User Image
No. But the lights would be yelling HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LOOK LISTEN the whole time.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Satrevi
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image
I have a rather active sex life with my girlfriend and I play a lot of games. It was a joke I couldn't resist making though xd wink

User Image
No. But the lights would be yelling HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LOOK LISTEN the whole time.

User Image
that makes for quite the interesting visual. Bright flashing triforce strobe lights I presume?  

Satrevi

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:21 am
Satrevi
Lady Psycho Sexy
Satrevi
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
that makes for quite the interesting visual. Bright flashing triforce strobe lights I presume?
User Image
No way. There will be random torches all over the place and you have to light them off a four-foot stick.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am
It wasn't really prostitution was it? It was a Love Hotel, where couples (or... acquaintances) could meet and get their ******** on. They weren't selling the people, they were selling the room/beds beneath them.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm
Meta_Fish
It wasn't really prostitution was it? It was a Love Hotel, where couples (or... acquaintances) could meet and get their ******** on. They weren't selling the people, they were selling the room/beds beneath them.
So they were just harboring prostitution?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Something like that. I hold no grudge about their previous business either way. I just think it's funny what Nintendo's pre video game history was. I also shared this topic in gaming discussion, my own guild, and another nintendo guild i was recently accepted to. half the fun of this topic is seeing people's reactions since people sometimes only think of video games with nintendo.  

Satrevi

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Well sometimes, I suppose. I thought the main source of income with love hotels was businessmen sleeping with their secretaries and crap, but maybe that was just a daydreamfantasy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:09 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Well sometimes, I suppose. I thought the main source of income with love hotels was businessmen sleeping with their secretaries and crap, but maybe that was just a daydreamfantasy.
maybe it was both, a hotel is a business where the onwer wants his money, maybe the love hotel got hookers coming in, real couples, and bosses with their secretaries and probably even a few gay one night stands. i mean, it's a hotel right? if you think about it people use hotels for these purposes on a regular basis.  

Satrevi

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm
You're saying it like I don't already know.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 pm
Regulust
You're saying it like I don't already know.

Sir Codin

Frog Apocalypse

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image

User Image

imagine the Mario one, with turtles everywhere XD  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces