Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Facebook is creepy. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you're on it,
  you're creepy.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:47 am
I guess that makes me creepy. Dammit.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 am
I don't think anyones creepy till they start facebook stalking other people  

Tybarious

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:43 am
I'm not really a social butterfly so Facebook is just so pointless to me. I had an account and during that time, I had all these douches from highschool who treated me like s**t, adding me to their friendlist. I was like, REALLY? REALLY???

People don't just stalk, they also friendwhore. It's a competition to see who can get a million empty friends on their stupid lists. Don't even get me started on the Twitter stupidity. At least Facebook sorta kinda has a point.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:03 pm
yeah, that is odd.

Facebook is ok for me.  

Sweetkitty

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:37 am
I used to have an account back in college, but nobody was on it back then, and there wasn't really anything to do, so I abandoned it. Last week, a coworker asked me to join up again and play a game with her, so I did. Omg, that site is so crazy now!!

First off, it's creepy cuz it knew people that I used to talk to on the internet years ago, one of which I no longer wish to speak to, and suggested them to me as potential friends. WTF?

It's funny you should bring up facebook stalking, tho, Ty. As far as I can tell, it's almost impossible NOT to stalk anyone on your friendslist. Every tiny little thing they do on the site pops up on your stupid update thing. I know what everyone on my list is doing every second they're on there and what other websites they visit and who their friends are and GAAHH! It's just weird.

And the site itself has gotten so flippin' busy, I feel like a kid with ADD who doesn't know what to look at next. I'm only adding people I know, but still there's too much on my page. On top of that, facebook sends me updates via email every time anyone does anything. So the site is stalking ME. stare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Facebook is a tool of Big Brother. ninja  

Iakun

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:44 pm
I don't know what defines one as a facebook stalker, I just hear it used for ppl who send way too much time on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 pm
Well, that won't be me. I'm limiting my time on it just cuz it's flippin' creepy.

I don't think Big Brother could handle Facebook. It's too crazy. They'd have to hire a person for every person who's on the site in order to sift through everything. xp

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 am
I ignore the home page and suggestions box, and remove lots of things from my "wall" so it doesn't get too long.

I also turn down alot of group and app "join" requests.

So I guess that I could be considdered the antisocial person on the site.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 pm
Search iGeneration and you'll understand it all purple. Scientists say that technology is literally changing the way kids these days brains' are wired. If you don't get it, you probably never will.

I like facebook.  

aamiller321

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm

I like Facebook. I am rarely on Gaia anymore and it's a lot easier to keep in contact with people via Facebook for me. Especially family members and stuff.

User Image
{eclectic princess; rinioa}

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:34 am
Actually neither gaia, nor facebook is my main hangout these days.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:03 pm
It may be easier in some ways, but can you have a conversation on Facebook? So far, all I've seen is status updates, wall comments, and IMing. All are short, full of abbreviations, and not exactly conducive to serious discussion. Maybe we don't do much of that on gaia, either, but we have the option.

I could probably rewire my brain for the facebook/twitter crowd, but I'm not sure I want to. No offense. xd I understand the concept of how people's brains just think differently these days, but I don't think it's necessarily good. If that means I'm old-fashioned, I guess I'll live with it. For a while.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:25 am
If you want a long conversation on facebook, use the PM option.
And try to pick a topic that the other person is interested in.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Facebook has private messaging just the same as Gaia. Also, you can comment on profiles and status messages to have a conversation. There are privacy settings where you can set it all up so that no one except who YOU want can see your page/posts and other random things.

Facebook is easier for me mainly because my ipod's internet browser doesn't support FLASH and well...Gaia is mostly FLASH nowadays and hard for me to load up. Facebook has an entire ipod application that gives me instant pop-up notifications when someone writes to me. So, it's much-much faster and easier for me to keep in contact with someone.

I think everyone is entitled to their own preferences for websites. I know quite a lot of people who refuse to use Gaia for various reasons. That doesn't stop me from using it, it's my choice. <3 <3

User Image
{eclectic princess; rinioa}

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas