Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
This guild has pretty much hit the bottom of the barrel Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fix this
  Or the guild is going to die out
View Results

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:02 am
For serious. The entire front page is nothing but "LOL RELIGION IS STUPID WE'RE SO OPEN-MINDED BUT RELIGION IS STUPID AND PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN IT ARE STUPID HAHAHAHAHA AW WHY ARE THEY PERSECUTING ME?"

What the ********, I joined an Atheist Guild, not a "Whining b***h-fest" guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 am
I agree
I think that's why a lot of members quit recently  

dl1371

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 am
Agreed. I'm almost embarrassed to be in this guild...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:21 am
Yes, I know.

We should keep all that whining for our posts mad  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

dl1371

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:12 pm
The Vanilla Bean
Agreed. I'm almost embarrassed to be in this guild...
I've decided to hide it on my profile page...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:24 pm
Well, if you guys would actually COMMENT on my topics... stare  

Lethkhar

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:46 pm
I don't really have a problem with it because it really isn't that bad or annoying. If we got more topics that are worth posting in, than it would be fine.

Atleast we don't have a bunch of topics complaining about it...wait, what was this topic about again?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 pm
Yeah, personally, I find that a single topic that points out a problematic trend to be ******** horrible.  

PetreyDish

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 pm
Yeah, I noticed that we had some posts that were uncalled for, insinuating that religious people were dumb or crazy. I don't mind the venting on "persecution", because honestly, it is really frustrating if you face that every day, and sometimes it feels great to let it out to people who go through a lot of the same things. Still, it'd be great if that could be kept to one venting thread instead of spread out across the forum.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 pm
DancesWithBats
Yeah, personally, I find that a single topic that points out a problematic trend to be ******** horrible.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes the message is good. But does it always solve something? Rarely. Not to mention if we just had some better topics come popping in, bored people wouldn't post random s**t.  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

MiniSiets

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:16 pm
Lethkhar

Ditto. I've tried to make more intellectual threads but not many people seem interested...

The way I see it though, most of the discussion boards on Gaia (not just this one) are 95% composed of crap. You just gotta dig through and find the 5% of topics that are actually interesting and post in them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:21 pm
MiniSiets
Lethkhar

Ditto. I've tried to make more intellectual threads but not many people seem interested...

The way I see it though, most of the discussion boards on Gaia (not just this one) are 95% composed of crap. You just gotta dig through and find the 5% of topics that are actually interesting and post in them.

Funny because only I posted there.
XD
It's hard because what exactly is there to discuss/debate in that topic if your claims seem pretty correct?

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

dl1371

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 am
MiniSiets
Lethkhar

Well that thread was a common argument found in this guild...

I think the reason this guild is so full of "WE HATE CHRISTIANS" kind of stuff is because we're all in consensus on most issues

Captain_Shinzo
Wat?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:06 am
dl1371
MiniSiets
Lethkhar

I think the reason this guild is so full of "WE HATE CHRISTIANS" kind of stuff is because we're all in consensus on most issues

Captain_Shinzo
Wat?
Oh yeah, you posted there too. Forgot. Sorry, man. XD  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 am
dl1371
MiniSiets
Lethkhar

Yeah, and no one goes to an atheist guild to discuss anything but religion, you know?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff