Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Dreams not so nice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm sooo messed up
  fo sho'
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 pm
I actually wanted to get an opinion on this if anyone cares to answer. sweatdrop

Lately my dreams have taken on a disturbing trend. I'm repeatedly dreaming about something coming after me or hunting me down. It's strange because I always feel like I'm on the run, from one scene to the next, but I never actually see what's coming after me.

Then the other night, I was having yet another "being hunted down" dream only this time I came to a suspension bridge devoid of cars, and my boyfriend was dead on the street, totally mutilated like in some Saw movie. I don't have a boyfriend in real life, but that didn't stop the feeling of being traumatized at seeing my "boyfriend" in that state.

WHAT THE ******** is all this s**t about?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:36 pm
Well I've had dreams of being chased down or "hunted down" as you call it before. My mother told me that if I had another dream that I was being "hunted" then to stop, turn, and face it. When I did this in my dream I saw it was my father.

Anyway, but if I remember correctly... when a dream is of the dreamer being "hunted down" then it's usually because they are scared to face something and their subconscious is trying to show them that. However, it's been a long time since I heard what it was so I might be wrong.. PURPLE!!! Help a sister out here!?

As for the suspension bridge devoid of cars...my guess on this particular aspect of the dream is that you fear being alone or perhaps isolated for one reason or another and seeing your "boyfriend" dead on the street I'd think backs up this earlier theory of mine that you fear being alone or for that particular aspect you fear loosing someone close to you someone important.

However, these are only my guesses purple is the real dream analyst here, but those are my theories and I think that one is true but like I said it's been a long time since I heard what that particular thing meant.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 pm
The only difficulty with that is that I can't really control these dreams. I'm literally along for the ride as though I'm watching a movie, yet I'm literally next to my dream self the whole time. And the times I have looked back I haven't seen anything chasing me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:09 pm
Oh I understand I really do. I had a similar dream when I was much younger. I was being chased by a big shadow being and I was absolutely terrified of it. Then my mum told me to face it in my dream again. I told her I couldn't it was to scary and that well it was a dream I didn't have any control over it. However, she asked me if I'd tried. I told her I looked back, but I'd never faced it. She told me to face it so I tried the next night. I can't remember if it was that next time or several tries before finally my dream self turned around and faced it and I saw that the shadow that was chasing me melted away and became my father. I told him to leave me alone and I never had to dream again.

It's an idea I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but like I said I'm not expert this was off of an experience myself and theories are all my answers are so who knows. I could be way off.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:54 am
Moon has hit the nail on the head with the "being hunted or chased" thing. There's definitely something that you're afraid of. It's probably something that you feel is out of your control, based on your difficulty in facing it.

The bridge, however, almost always represents traveling or some kind of transition. Is there a major change in your life, or are you trying to become something other than what you have been? The dead boyfriend is obviously meant as a blockade of some sort. Either your mind wants to prevent you from going any further by scaring you, or you're afraid of what might happen if you go through this change. The boyfriend could represent a loved one, but it's more likely that he represents an aspect of yourself that you're afraid you'll lose or alter in some terrible way by going through this change.

Make up your mind to face whatever's chasing you. It could take several nights of trying, but eventually you'll be able to turn and face it. That may tell us more about your fear. You could also try crossing the bridge and then turning around. If the dead boyfriend is still there, it may help you accept the permanence of whatever change may come. If not, you'll know it was just a mind trick to scare you. If the thing chasing you stops, you'll know it wasn't that serious. If it doesn't, you need to face it. Hunt IT down if you have to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:27 pm
The only thing I can think of in regards to the transition would be independence in life. Frankly, I don't have much of a life right now and I'm terrified of what independence entails. But as for the dead boyfriend being an aspect of myself or a blockage or what's chasing me, no clue. I didn't have a chasing dream again last night though, just a normal weird one lol  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 pm
If the issue is really about gaining more independence, then I think the dead boyfriend represents your youth and more fun-loving side. It could be that you're afraid this change will force you to mature too quickly and you'll lose the part of you that likes to kick back, hang out, and do nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 am
Dang man... You have weird dreams... O_o  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:55 pm
xwhateverxdudex
You ever feel unhelpful?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 am
aamiller321
xwhateverxdudex
You ever feel unhelpful?

I never ask myself that question.
To busy feeling silly.
Besides, I don't know how to solve weird dreams.  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff