Welcome to Gaia! ::

For The Girls And Boys

Back to Guilds

Have a hard time talking to the other gender? Need to understand them a little better? Join now! RP's, writing, and artists! 

Tags: role playing, boys, girls, chat, help 

Reply 10- Issues with Life in General
This REALLY pisses me off.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm
User ImageI appoint *you* Secretary of Cheese, and

I am NOT trying to be disrespectful or rude, because I know everyone has their problems, but...I really hate this about people.

I CANNOT STAND IT when kids cut themselves or do any form of self-mutilation over stupid, petty little problems.

I've known people to cut themselves over their parents having a cigarette after they said they were quitting, telling me their parents lied about it.
Dude, seriously, your parents are trying to quit, which is stressful, they're going to have relapses where they just can't help it. They lie about it for the same reason we lie, so they don't get in trouble.
You cutting yourself isn't going to make them any less stressed and is going to make the smoke cravings worse.
Did these people think of that? No. They did not.

A somewhat distant family member is a drug addict.
Is cutting yourself or inflicting any other harm going to fix anything?
No. It's not.

Your brother is an effing manwhore.
Cutting is going to help?
No.

Your parents yell at you for seemingly no reason "all the time".
Think about what you have done recently. Have you been doing anything that may get you in trouble? Have you been doing anything they've specifically asked you not to do?
If the answer is "Yes", "No" or "Maybe"
You shouldn't be effing cutting yourself over it.
If you stop what they're yelling at you for, they won't yell at you.
Simple as that.
Some girl I knew was going on about how her parents yell at her and get pissed when she sneaks out, claiming that it is abuse.
Quit sneaking out at night.
Problem solved.

I knew some girl who claimed her dad raped her and was cutting herself over it.
Her dad NEVER raped her, she was just trying to get attention and she was ACTUALLY cutting because no one believed her lies and she wanted attention. She thought cutting would make people like her.
Is that a good reason to cut?
No.

Honestly, I never see a good reason to, but people deal with things differently than others, but if it's going to be petty and stupid problems like that, you probably shouldn't be inflicting any sort of self-mutilation.
If you've got some sort of horrible story behind you, or these problems are building up, I can understand it, I do a form of self-mutilation too, and I know there are times where everything gets to you so that you just can't help it, but I don't know why people do it over ridiculous little things like that.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts, but please don't freak or anything, you flame or start a fight, I will warn you, three strikes and your banned like I said in the rules. Just thought I'd remind you, and I'm going to in most of my posts just to get that rule well-known around the guild.

User Image*you* Keeper of the Lint.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm
Well it's like you were saying some people take things differently than other and some are just plain out stupid reasons. And I can understand it when people just get too depressed over life and stuff like that I mean even I do sometimes but still it's really no reason to cut yourself I mean seriously if they really think that making themselves bleed and hurt is going to stop the pain then it just wont ya know? And honestly a long time ago a lot of things were pretty bad for me like my family was fighting and hitting a lot and things at school were pretty rough and one of my friends ended up dieing etc and I felt somewhat suicidal but I kind of just kept telling myself that things would be better later on and to just get over and after a few months I got out of it...but yeah like I said that happened a really long time ago  

Scarlet The Pink Bear

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:14 pm
Scarlet The Pink Bear
Well it's like you were saying some people take things differently than other and some are just plain out stupid reasons. And I can understand it when people just get too depressed over life and stuff like that I mean even I do sometimes but still it's really no reason to cut yourself I mean seriously if they really think that making themselves bleed and hurt is going to stop the pain then it just wont ya know? And honestly a long time ago a lot of things were pretty bad for me like my family was fighting and hitting a lot and things at school were pretty rough and one of my friends ended up dieing etc and I felt somewhat suicidal but I kind of just kept telling myself that things would be better later on and to just get over and after a few months I got out of it...but yeah like I said that happened a really long time ago

Yeah, if things get really bad, I can understand it, but if you just catch your parents sneaking a cigarette after they've quit, that's not really a reason to cut...seriously, that's kinda dumb...
Of course everyone handles things differently, but there has to be a time where you just draw the line.
A friend of mine passed away a week ago, I had to break off my engagement, I've got an infection that has rendered me unable to have children and I have a huge workload in order to graduate high school this year.

I am upset and I am stressed and frustrated, but I have found other ways to deal with it other than cutting or inflicting any other sort of self-mutilation. I don't see how more pain is going to get rid of the other pain. It just gives you more to deal with (trust me, I had to learn this the hard way), but you get what I mean, right?
Everyone handles things differently, but there has to be a time where you draw the line. Cutting just to get attention is just...insulting, really.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 pm
hahaha.I am in the quiting stage of cutting.
I forgot why I started.
I think was just really ******** up at 12.
I think I had to do with my grampa dieing , paranora and other mentel problems.Next to the fact the I went to the pastor was sexist basterd.
Blah blah blah rant rant rant b***h b***h b***h ...ect
It got worst this year so I told my friends and they are help quit.

I think posers are the ones who your talking about the liers and fakers.
No one found out about mine untill I joined my swim team.
My coachs kept asking about it they were the first to find out.
I never told them I made up stupid stories.
Pain from the real world caused me not to sleep , lost of passion for everything and energy drain.By cutting myself I felt that I was letting the s**t like that stuff leave my body.

tl;dr Cutting myself made the bad stuff I was feeling leave my body.

And there is your explantion.  

Demonica Kira

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 am
Demonica Kira
hahaha.I am in the quiting stage of cutting.
I forgot why I started.
I think was just really ******** up at 12.
I think I had to do with my grampa dieing , paranora and other mentel problems.Next to the fact the I went to the pastor was sexist basterd.
Blah blah blah rant rant rant b***h b***h b***h ...ect
It got worst this year so I told my friends and they are help quit.

I think posers are the ones who your talking about the liers and fakers.
No one found out about mine untill I joined my swim team.
My coachs kept asking about it they were the first to find out.
I never told them I made up stupid stories.
Pain from the real world caused me not to sleep , lost of passion for everything and energy drain.By cutting myself I felt that I was letting the s**t like that stuff leave my body.

tl;dr Cutting myself made the bad stuff I was feeling leave my body.

And there is your explantion.

Yeah lol I knew why, it just doesn't seem to make sense, I do a form of "self-mutilation" too, that I'll likely never be able to stop because of a nervous breakdown I had when I was just a kid, I was like 9.
And it's not just posers, it's those kids that actually think it's going to make you feel better. I just don't get why they do it over little things like that and honestly think it's going to make them feel better. :/
There was a girl who caught her dad smoking, her parents kept yelling at her for things she wasn't supposed to be doing, and her brother did pot and she seriously felt like it was the end of the world. I mean, it's not. That should have been obvious to her.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 am
angel_nicholson
Scarlet The Pink Bear

Yeah, if things get really bad, I can understand it, but if you just catch your parents sneaking a cigarette after they've quit, that's not really a reason to cut...seriously, that's kinda dumb...
Of course everyone handles things differently, but there has to be a time where you just draw the line.
A friend of mine passed away a week ago, I had to break off my engagement, I've got an infection that has rendered me unable to have children and I have a huge workload in order to graduate high school this year.

I am upset and I am stressed and frustrated, but I have found other ways to deal with it other than cutting or inflicting any other sort of self-mutilation. I don't see how more pain is going to get rid of the other pain. It just gives you more to deal with (trust me, I had to learn this the hard way), but you get what I mean, right?
Everyone handles things differently, but there has to be a time where you draw the line. Cutting just to get attention is just...insulting, really.

Yeah I know what you mean  

Scarlet The Pink Bear

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 pm
Scarlet The Pink Bear
angel_nicholson
Scarlet The Pink Bear

Lol ok, yeah, I try my best not to offend people, but apparently I can be a little harsh sometimes, I've been told sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 pm
angel_nicholson
Scarlet The Pink Bear
angel_nicholson
Scarlet The Pink Bear

Lol ok, yeah, I try my best not to offend people, but apparently I can be a little harsh sometimes, I've been told sweatdrop

I am that same way. >.<  

Demonica Kira

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm
Demonica Kira
angel_nicholson
Scarlet The Pink Bear
angel_nicholson
Scarlet The Pink Bear

I am that same way. >.<

Lol yeah, on here there was some chick that said she'd do something "very notty" (her words) if someone donated to her. I told her she was making herself look like a slut, and to me, it seemed like an alright thing to say. But apparently it was an abusive comment :/
I'm like, wtf??  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:56 pm
sometimes, teens cut themselves because of stress. it relieves stress for them. i know it doesn't make sense to, but it helps them with stress just as much as much as crying. so, thats how i see it. but others see it differently...so...ya. not saying that i cut myself....just sayin.  

esperanato

Shirtless Ladykiller

8,950 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 am
Delicately Handled
sometimes, teens cut themselves because of stress. it relieves stress for them. i know it doesn't make sense to, but it helps them with stress just as much as much as crying. so, thats how i see it. but others see it differently...so...ya. not saying that i cut myself....just sayin.

That's pretty much what it is. I noticed that my boyfriend would always bite his hand when he got stressed, it wasn't until a few months ago, that he pointed out that I did it, and people say I've been doing it for years. We do it out of stress and because the slight pain distracts us. I also bite the side of my tongue for the same reason.
I honestly don't know why I started this. I can't stop, either. It hurts and I'm left with these bite marks for a couple hours, sometimes a day or two. But I just don't see why people cut themselves over petty reasons and honestly think it's the end of the world. They're stressed from their dad sneaking a cigarette and their brother smoking pot? They're screwed then, because life gets a lot worse than that.  
10- Issues with Life in General

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games