Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Player's Paradise

Back to Guilds

A good humored, semi-lit role playing guild that's open to any and all ideas! 

Tags: Role Playing, Semi-Lit, Friendly, Active, Shennanegins 

Reply Finished Role Plays and Archives
Welcome to the Animus - (Accepting) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 284 285 286 287 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:17 pm
DISCLAIMER

I do not own any part of Assassin's Creed 1 or 2.
All I have are copies of the games.

SPOILER ALERT

The role play will contain contents from Assassin's Creed 1 and 2.

WARNING
I do plan on moving beyond the ending of Assassin's Creed 2.
Yes that's right.
We're going to 3.
I do not intend to exploit anything of the third game.
I just wanna end this story in my own fashion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:25 pm
We've been caught.

We ran away from the farm.
We wanted our own lives.
We avoided attention.

We've been caught.

They hold us now like prisoners.
They demand information from us.
They have us strapped down on machines.

We've been caught.

There has to be some way to escape this place.
There must be someone who can help us.
There is no way it could end like this.

We've been caught.

This will not be easy.
This won't be our final hour.
This is only the beginning of the end.

We've been caught.

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:32 pm
Welcome to Abstergo.
Welcome to the Animus.

Abstergo: Nothing more but a simple, but large, drug company to the public eye. But behind closed doors, a different story is told.
Most people think of Templars as old and drunk men who rant on about ruling the world or finding holy relics. Little do they know that Templars are something much worse.

Behind the closed doors of Abstergo are prisoners, people kidnapped from their homes, jobs, their lives for one reason: they are Assassins.

Unknown to the public, Abstergo is ran and owned by Templars, men and women who want nothing more than world dominance in order to bring peace to the world. According to Templar belief, in order to achieve peace, man must be controlled. The only known object that has such power to do so is the Ark, or Piece of Eden. Fortunately, Abstergo does not have any Pieces of Eden. For now.
But they're getting close. They know their enemy, the Assassins, has information on where Pieces of Eden are, and they intend to find these locations one way or another. Unfortunately, most modern Assassins do not know these locations, and only know the Pieces of Eden are hidden away safe. Only their ancestors, who are long gone, know the location.

Then, one man found the key. He found the way to reveal the location of the Pieces of Eden through the Assassins.
Doctor Warren Vidic was the man who found the key, and he found it within the genetic material of every human being. He argued that genetic memory has to exist because animals of the world take part in multiple things, such as migration or returning to breeding grounds, having no memories of their own to do such thing. This 'animal instinct' is genetic memory in the works.
When the idea reached the Templars, the Animus project began. With the Animus, Vidic now had the ability to tap into a person's genetics and find memories that were hidden and locked away. With this, Abstergo could now use any Assassin they found to reveal information they wanted.

Everything worked into the Templars and Vidic's favor. They had the money and the power to run the Animus project, and to find Assassins who believed themselves to be hidden away from enemy eyes. To make things even better for Abstergo, most Assassins kept a low profile. They didn't want to be seen by the public eye, or Abstergo. So when Assassins who were disguised as everyday people went missing, no one noticed.

Everything is working perfectly and according to plan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:44 pm
Behind Closed Doors

With every new Assassin that is forced through the doors of Abstergo, the Templars slowly become closer and closer to what they want. Not one Assassin though has revealed what the Templars wanted: an exact location of at least one Piece of Eden. All Abstergo has accomplished is bringing a little light into their pitch-black treasure hunt.

That is until they found one group who they know will reveal the location of a Piece of Eden. This group of Assassins are the people they need, the genetic libraries Abstergo needs to find what they want. Once captured, the Assassins were placed under the highest and best security systems Abstergo could invent and buy.

There is little chance of escape, if any exists.
There is no hope of ending what has already begun.

This is the end of freedom.

This is the story of the group...

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:56 pm
The Rules
I have the power to not only enforce my rules when they are broken, but to add more as well.

1.) Good spelling, good punctuation, good grammar. No exceptions.

2.) There will no be killing of another person's character without their full permission. No exceptions.

3.) Absolutely no God modding. The only exception is when is setting up a setting or scene.

4.) Control the smut (vulgar/sexually graphic/perverted scenes). Do not write out what you do, but if you must do 'it', exclude your characters from the rest for however long they need to go. No exceptions.

5.) Please do not make what I call worthless posts. I have a bit of a pet peve against posts that are solely made to respond to something outside of the role play (like a conversation, or a comment on an action) and contribute absolutely nothing into the role play's story. I understand not everyone can be together and interacting all together at the same time, but I please ask of you to keep yourself in, and do not allow yourself to be lost within posts and make one post that doesn't absolutely nothing but waste space and add up the total post count as a way to get back in. No exceptions.

6.) Control your language. I don't mind cussing, and do not require censorship, but this does not make it okay for you to drop F-bombs in every post, or use extremely rude and vulgar language against another person.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:08 pm
Character Outline

Modern Day Character
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Guilty Pleasure:[/b]
[b]Miscellaneous/Extras:[/b]
[b]Quote:[/b]
[b]Theme Song(s):[/b]

The Guilty Pleasure is how your character was discovered by Abstergo. No Assassin with half a brain would willingly reveal themselves on purpose, but mistakes are easily made. Those mistakes are what lead to their capture. Take for example, Desmond Miles. His motorcycle license required a fingerprint, which Abstergo used to track him down.
Not much can be done or role played for characters who are not Assassins, therefor, I will not allow them. I will handle and care for characters such as Vidic. There is no need to apply for roles like his.

Ancestor Character
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Miscellaneous/Extras:[/b]
[b]Quote:[/b]
[b]Theme Song(s):[/b]

Seeing how our modern characters are the decedents of Assassins, I will not allow Templar ancestors. My only exception is a Templar who turned to the Assassins, but do not expect kind treatment. Take into consideration that if you go with that option, you were once seen as the enemy now turned into ally.
No one in the right mind would easily trust that.

I require at least two Ancestors for this Role Play, though you will only end up playing them one at a time.
Trust me, it will make sense later.  

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:09 pm
Questions and Answers

Everyone has questions, and I hold the answers.
If there is something you do not understand about the Role Play, or have a question about the Role Play, regardless of reason, please send your questions through a Private Message and I will answer.

All questions and answers will be posted below, to not only help other members of the Role Play, and but to also prevent me from going crazy when I get ten messages of the same question.

Q: Would Assassins trust a Templar-Outcast?
A: It's hard to say, and all depends on the people. I'm sure most would be a bit distant, afraid the turned Assassin is a double agent. And it could carry onto Modern times to some of the current Assassins, saying 'Once a Templar, always a Templar."

Q: Do we have to know the game(s) in order to join?
A: I would prefer this, yes. It's incredibly frustrating on my end, as this is not my own idea. The whole plot line can be easily found within a few days worth of gaming, or an hour or two of reading online. There's really no excuse to not know the story, especially when you tell me you have played both the games. Depending on who you are and your creditability with me, I may allow you in if you have no knowledge of the Assassin's Creed plot. However, if you have proven to be on my s**t-list when it comes to role playing, don't expect me to be as forgiving.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:11 pm
Abstergo's Prisoners

Username: Randomly Gone Insane
Character Name: Beatrice Summers
Appearance: Beatrice
History: Beatrice grew up on The Farm, an Assassin "hideout" in the desert, an "off the grid" compound with a population of about 30 people. Unlike one previous member of the community, Beatrice stayed until the age of twenty. It was then she left The Farm, wanting to see the world for what it really was, and investigate to see if the supposed Templars her parents were always warning her about really did exist.
Guilty Pleasure: Passport
Miscellaneous/Extras: After her kidnapping, Beatrice quickly became a guarded and distrusting woman. While she's quick to anger and hatred towards anyone, she is also a suspicious woman. She had heard a double agent Assassin working for Abstergo, who eventually broke out with a previous subject of the Animus, and rather than laughing in the Templar face over the Assassin victory, she's suspicious of it, causing her to wonder if everyone around her is a double agent, on both sides.
Quote: "Worry about yourself, because I won't."
Theme Song(s): Believe Me; Don't Stay; I Don't Care

Username: Zahzi.
Character Name: Nicolas Grant.
Appearance: Nick.
History: Nicolas was always isolated from normal life as he was considered 'special' for some reason. When he asked, those who looked after him merely said 'heritage'. When he became 21, he left those who took care of him and went out into the world. Nicolas was involved in a dispute with five other patrons on a city bus. The word 'dispute' is used because in reality, the five people were found in pools of their blood. They were members of a local gang and they were supposed to find and murder someone to gain full-membership. They chose the wrong target...While he only spent an hour in a holding-cell, it was all it took for the Templars to find and take him away.
Guilty Pleasure: Prison Identification.
Miscellaneous/Extras: Compared to most others, he's a giant. This is something that was hereditary from all the males on his side of his family.
Quote: "What I wouldn't give for a cigarette and a knife right about now..."
Theme Song(s): Break Stuff

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:13 pm
The Assassins

Year 1200

Character Name: Haytham Basil
Appearance: Haytham
History: Haytham trained in the arts of the Assassins since what felt like birth to her. Though she was a woman, the leader of the Assassins saw much potential in her, despite her gender, thus allowing her to train among the others. Because of her stature and gender though, Haytham could not train like the others, who were skilled in the arts of sword fighting. Instead, Haytham was trained to handle smaller and lighter weapons, knives and daggers.
Weapon(s): Poison; Daggers and Knives
Miscellaneous/Extras: Because of Haytham's training, acting as a 'blade in the crowd' takes a different meaning to her. While most Assassins work to be unseen and to disappear upon discovery, Haytham works by literally becoming one of the people. She disguises herself into whatever she is required to be: A belly dancer, healer, prostitute... Whatever.
Quote: "Don't watch your back or else you won't be able to see me coming at you to slit your throat."
Theme Song(s): Eyes on Fire

Character Name: -Unknown- Known only as 'Reaver'.
Appearance: Reaver
History: Originally, Reaver worked on his own and killed both anyone who came at him, or the Templars for reasons unknown...
Reaver was going on another of his 'outings', when he noticed a few Assassins trying to infiltrate a Templar fort. Seeing as Reaver went with the idea that those who fight his enemies are allies, he created a large enough distraction in the fort to give them leeway to complete their mission.
The very next morning, Assassins found him while he was just finishing with the remaining Templars with an invitation to join them.
Weapon(s): -Contents known under cloak-: Sickles, Axe, Scythe, Knives, Daggers, Gauntlets with hidden blades going up from above the knuckles and curving down, acting as claws.
Miscellaneous/Extras: Among all others, Reaver is a giant, giving him the initial intimidation to make most run from him, making witnesses scarce...
No one alive has ever seen Reaver's face, meaning if he were to walk through a crowd without the cloak and mask, he would be one with the crowd.
Quote: "Just because I can rip your head off and cleave your body asunder with a smile does not mean I'm a bad person. Is there something wrong with enjoying what I do best?"
Theme Song(s): Break Stuff; Immortal;Superbeast

Year 1508

Character Name: Gianna Marzia
Appearance: Gianna
History: Gianna grew up in a wealthy family, but unlike most of the nobles of Italy, her family was not involved in politics. Most everyone else was corrupt and her family saw no need to mingle with or fight against the other corrupted families, only to live and enjoy their own lives and the pleasures they had. Unfortunately, politics and wealth were too closely one in the same, and to have one without the other was complete taboo. To make an example of the Marzia, guards were hired to break into the Marzia home and assassinate the entire family. After Gianna watched in horror the guards murder her entire family, the guards then turned their attention on to her just as a shadowed figure walked into her house behind them. Just as the guards noticed the figure's shadow coming up from behind them, the figure quickly dispatched the hired and corrupted guards in the same brutal and bloody fashion that the guards had used against her family. Gianna only continued to watch in horror as the figure that had saved her then it's attention towards her, quickly walking to her almost as if they were going to kill her as well. But, for reasons unknown, the figure picked up Gianna and carried her out of her destroyed home. According to records kept by the city, Gianna was believed to have run away out of fear of being murdered, going under a false name to live out the rest of her days in peace...
...In reality, Gianna was rescued and pulled from her home in Florence and taken to a city named Monteriggioni. It was there she learned the reasons behind her family's assassination, and her rescue. The figure explained to her that her family actually belonged to the Assassins, and though they did not bother with the politics of Florence as most wealthy people or Assassins did, they did aid the Assassins with their wealth and knowledge. When the Templars learned of their treachery, they had the guards (whom they had control over) kill off her family and reported to the people that her family was one of traitors, explaining their sudden deaths. Knowing the truth, Gianna wanted only thing: revenge. Reluctantly, the figure agreed to help, but made a point to constantly preach to Gianna that vengeance was not the way to go, as it would bring her no peace nor a family, and to instead kill knowing she was bringing the world one step closer to peace and order.
Weapon(s): Poison; Hidden Blades; Daggers and Knives
Miscellaneous/Extras: Though Gianna tries to live up to her master's standards to never take a life with hatred, she sometimes ends up letting emotions getting the better of her. The emotions show themselves through her work, or rather her kills. It's easily to tell what she was feeling by looking at the body..
Quote: "The world is corrupt and everything is lie, and the only thing you can do about it is save your own skin."
Theme Song(s): I Don't Care; I Hear Voices

Character Name: -Unknown- Known only as 'Reaver'.
Appearance: Reaver
History: Just like his predecessor, this Reaver just 'appeared' into existence. But unlike his ancestor, he was aligned with the Assassins from the beginning. A theory was that whatever 'family' the original had stayed with the Assassins. Therefore allowing one of his decedents to don the guise.
Weapon(s): -Contents known under cloak-: Butcher Knives, Axe, Knives, Daggers, Gauntlets with hidden blades going up from above the knuckles and curving down, acting as claws.
Miscellaneous/Extras: Just like his ancestor, he too is a giant.
And in the same sense, no one knows what is under the mask...
Quote: "Ya know...It'd be great if I could get a 'Collateral Damage' pass for JUST a day..."
Theme Song(s): I Cant Decide

Finished Role Plays and Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 284 285 286 287 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces