Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What happened? I wasn't corrupted, curse you dark samus!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragon3025

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm
I don't get it, I was fighting Dark Samus at Phaase and my Phazon corruption meter wasn't up all the way. It was about 3/4 full, but for some strange reason I die all the sudden, and I wasn't even hit by anything when it happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm
in MP3? that is weird.

speaking of stuff like this, I cant beat dark samus at the end of Mp2...I mean the first half of the battle is fine, but then apparently I gotta use phazon against her but how the hell do I do that?  

sgt.Frosty

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 pm
I thought there were instances were you would become corrupt randomly.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:48 am
I've been through that game several times and never went corrupt without a reason (and even then, I never let myself get too close, so that reason was "on purpose, just to see it"). That would be a pretty crappy gameplay element anyway. Imagine you're playing Galaxy, on the home stretch of the Luigi purple coins in the Toy Time Galaxy, when in mid-jump, out of nowhere you get a random game over and get kicked to the title screen.  

GuruGuru214

dragon3025

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 am
Okay I just figured it out this morning. I didn't notice it, but the meter doesn't have a 100% capacity. It only goes about 3/4 the way and then when the yellow bar fills that up your dead. I think it could be because I'm playing it on a harder difficulty than I was when I was playing it before. I just discovered at gamestop that more energy tanks slow it down, I'll have to get some more, because that bar goes up way to quickly.

sgt.Frosty
in MP3? that is weird.

speaking of stuff like this, I cant beat dark samus at the end of Mp2...I mean the first half of the battle is fine, but then apparently I gotta use phazon against her but how the hell do I do that?
Oh yeah, I remember that. She eventually starts shouting this rain of phazon at you like an artillery. You need to charge your beam and aim it at the phazon coming down at you.

Awesome Tree
Yeah when something like a Space Pirate phazon grenade hits you, but not (spoiler) at the Phazon planet Phaaze. When land on that planet the Phazon corruption levels get so high, that you're suit does some weird permanent auto vent, and you're in an infinite hypermode, so you're no longer using an energy tank meter, but a yellow corruption meter.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 am
dragon3025
Okay I just figured it out this morning. I didn't notice it, but the meter doesn't have a 100% capacity. It only goes about 3/4 the way and then when the yellow bar fills that up your dead. I think it could be because I'm playing it on a harder difficulty than I was when I was playing it before. I wonder if getting energy tanks slow it down.

sgt.Frosty
in MP3? that is weird.

Oh yeah, I remember that. She eventually starts shouting this rain of phazon at you like an artillery. You need to charge your beam and aim it at the phazon coming down at you.

Awesome Tree
Yeah when something like a Space Pirate phazon grenade hits you, but not (spoiler) at the Phazon planet Phaaze. When land on that planet the Phazon corruption levels get so high, that you're suit does some weird permanent auto vent, and you're in an infinite hypermode, so you're no longer using an energy tank meter, but a yellow corruption meter.
Three quarters up is enough for a lot of the final boss's attacks to destroy you.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:38 pm
dragon3025
Okay I just figured it out this morning. I didn't notice it, but the meter doesn't have a 100% capacity. It only goes about 3/4 the way and then when the yellow bar fills that up your dead. I think it could be because I'm playing it on a harder difficulty than I was when I was playing it before. I just discovered at gamestop that more energy tanks slow it down, I'll have to get some more, because that bar goes up way to quickly.

sgt.Frosty
in MP3? that is weird.

Awesome Tree

yeah, about that...its not happening. xp

I know your supposed to do it, but still its just not doing it  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 pm
You probably got hit with some phazon weaponry which makes the gauge go up.  

Waynebrizzle

dragon3025

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 pm
Oh ok, yeah. I got more energy tanks and the meter capacity is almost at 100%.
Waynebrizzle
No, I already figured it out earlier in one of the last post I made. I didn't have full energy tanks like I did last time, so my meter capacity is about 75% meaning if that if that bar only reaches 3/4ths the way there, I'm dead.
sgt.Frosty
Weird. They might have a video of it on Youtube or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 am
yeah those phazon grenades are weird, you don't always go into auto corrupt mode, and if your in hyper mode already they take you out of it.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm
dragon3025
Oh ok, yeah. I got more energy tanks and the meter capacity is almost at 100%.
Waynebrizzle
No, I already figured it out earlier in one of the last post I made. I didn't have full energy tanks like I did last time, so my meter capacity is about 75% meaning if that if that bar only reaches 3/4ths the way there, I'm dead.
sgt.Frosty
Weird. They might have a video of it on Youtube or something.

Were you corrupted or did you die? You can only game over by corruption if it's 100 percent full.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:36 pm
ISNT IT OBVIOUS? an invisible interdimensional portal opened somewhere near sr-388, meanwhile, Chuck Norris changed his socks, altering the velocity of which the underwear curriculum circumgyrating under the immense pressure of Tourian, thus activating three magical amulets in the light and dark worlds during a solar eclypse, causing the fecal matter of a standard issue lesser demon to rain from the sun, into the portal, and as everyone knows, the poop of a lesser demon when mixed with a galactic portal of the 4.587 calibur of the marx soul would eliminate all ectospazmastic diggys within a foutismic radius, thus causing a pressure to build up in samus's diaphragm, and forcing it to explode causing instant death.....

and in the time it took you to read and comprehend that, I beat all the Zelda games. xd  

Monster_Mario

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:50 pm
just for the record, don't necro dead threads. read the rules. all that jazz  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out