Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pokemon Train and Battle Guild - Remodeling

Back to Guilds

Train your own pokemon right here on gaia! 

Tags: Pokemon, Train, Battle, Pokémon, Pokemon Train and Battle 

Reply The Pokémon Train and Battle Guild
Guild Remodel Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vincavec
Vice Captain

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 am
Wanna help out, suggest stuff, have ideas, or maybe some tips. Post them all here and we'll go over them, we always need ideas and such... We might even use some of them.  
Masterharper of Pern rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 am
A Pokemon Race....
Have it set up where you must make it to 20 steps.... but things can set you back by hitting a certain number when rolling the dice. roll 2 six sided dice

Have it like this:
2- Found a shortcut, send yourself 3 steps forward
3- Caught in Aridos web, sent 1 step back
4- Found A safe place to camp, advance 1 step
5- Skarmory caught you, fly back 2 steps.
6- Found a Diglett tunnel, Forward 1 steps
7- Meet a helpful Rapidash, Race ahead 2 step
8- Heard a Jigglypuff sing, fall back 4 steps
9- Eats Oran Berry, Advance 1 step
10- Win a Battle verse a Team Rocket Group, advance 1 step
11- Ursaring found you eating lunch, Run backwards in fear for 2 steps
12- Ho-oh gives you a ride, travel forward 2 steps  

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm
Hmm... That's a cool idea Pern! Thanks for the suggestion!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 pm
ToastyMarshmellow
Hmm... That's a cool idea Pern! Thanks for the suggestion!

anytime  

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

vincent_pimp_kid-

Blessed Shapeshifter

14,465 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm
Yes i like perns idea also.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 pm
Maybe a Bug catching contest too.
Have people Rp and then mods send out random bugs.
Score by Level, Skills, and rarity.

Another one is to have a Training Contest.
Whoever can train the most level in a certain thread on that day wins.
To do that set up a Forum for it and then have people create their own thread. They have from 12:00 am to 12:00 pm to post. There is no way to cheat on this one for the posts will be counted automatically by the thread and all posts show a time so any after 12:00 pm will just not be counted.  

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:17 pm
Nice ideas, perhaps we'll have a different event each month and if people liked the event we could do it again some other month. Or maybe weekly could work to.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm
Maybe a Going away party for me?
just kidding... but today is my last day at home. Tomorrow I leave for Korea.  

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

shons assist

3,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 pm
Can we have a section for real life trading, battling, tourneys, etc. over wifi?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:57 am
Could we set up a spot for the Elite Four for the most experienced trainers to challenge?  

Idiot Behind Morality

Beloved Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Perrian

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:56 pm
We won't need an Elite Four for a while, but I got some ideas which may be interesting.

For the gyms, have each one (or a certain number of gyms) ran by different people so we can get different personalities in the gym leaders and run more gyms without putting extra work on one person. Also, once we get people strong enough, maybe start a new region where they are trying to get new gyms and need people to take over positions? You'd have to apply to be the gym leader and then pass a test (battle, etc, depending on the location, etc, or pay if it's a rich town gym, etc).

For random events, set an random event die thing. In a certain thread (unseen by regular users, maybe in a different guild/place), roll 2 dice. First die will be for where the random event will happen, second will be what the random event is. Maybe it's a legendary dog shows up quickly for an hour, but then runs away? Or maybe it's a harsh storm? Or maybe a member of Team Rocket shows up and tries to steal some pokemon? This will add more roleplay ideas and encourage roleplaying throughout the guild. Random events, though, should not be started (in my opinion) till 2-3 weeks after the reopening of this guild.

Make a map so we know where is what for roleplay purposes. For islands across water, make it so ferries or pokemon that can fly or surf have to take the trainer across the water (an hour or two hour long trip, depending on the distance, etc).

Make beauty contests. Yes, this sounds weird, but it's something that is new an upcoming in pokemon. How would we do this, you ask? My idea is that we use the types (cute, cool, etc) of moves (we'll have to research this, somehow) and find out their strength. Then, we'll have two rounds. First round winner is who has the most combined points in the moves (hearts per each move + berry count) and second is battling. Trainers get extra points during the battles for using only the move type, and lose points for using other moves. Points in second round are determined by how percentage of life you have left after 3 rounds of combat +/- extra performance points based on the moves.

If I ever get more ideas, I'll post them. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:37 pm
Aw...okay.

What about my idea that I posted a while back that we said we'd do?

It was the one with the arena where trainers get three random pokemon to battle with and they'd all be about the same level.  

Idiot Behind Morality

Beloved Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Perrian

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:17 am
I definitely like the idea with the random pokemon, as long as it's completely fair for both players.

The reason I say we won't need the elite four for a while is because we won't have anyone having every badge for at least many months or a year.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm
Yeah, they'll all be the same level so like you'd have the option to fight with level 25's and such.

True and gym battles usually take awhile because of the lines.  

Idiot Behind Morality

Beloved Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ToastyMarshmellow
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 am
@Shons: Very sorry, don't know how you got skipped over, but that sounds like a good idea!

@Perrian: Wonderful ideas! I'm a bit hesitant to let other people run the gyms as I've had many a people run out on me for that, and other such things. There will be 8 gyms and 4 elite four from the start.

I also was thinking of getting a more regions set up and originally for the remodel this was going to be called Gemme region.

I like the random event ideas.

I was planning on making a map, not only for everyone else, but so I know myself where to connect the route and such. x3

I think you just found an amazingly simple (not really) way to get the beauty contests into the guild, I've been thinking for months on how to do it and it was so obvious now xD

@Invalice: The tournament idea sounds cool, but it would have to be implemented after everything gets set up.  
The Pokémon Train and Battle Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff