Submit

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:16 am
No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth (yet).

I've just been insanely busy. First of all, I'm packing up half of my earthy belonging into boxes and bags in preparation for a cross country move to Washington State from Texas. Starting August 16th or so, I'm moving everything I own to Houston and then getting ready to get the other half of my stuff and lug it to where I'll be living for at least the next three years. Secondly, I've been working on getting my first book published and have put tons of energy into that. My publisher is local and once I leave I will have to do mailings and shippings, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible.

So what does this mean?

On Moving:

1: Starting today/tonight (August 11) I'm only gonna be on sporatically. A thread here or there, popups in ED, but not much. While this is happening, Gymleaders and the other Elite have control. Don't piss them off. Or I'll take the chunks outta your butt.

2: After August 20th (if not earlier) I'm going to not have internet access for a while. This can be as short as half a week if I can get the land line and AOHell set up at my sister's or as long as a month (it better not be a damn month!). While I am gone, Elite Golem OTCT (My esteemed brother) and Gym Leader Lord Chaud/BPM will hold the reins until I can return on a daily a**-kicking basis. Whne I do the cross country move, they are your Gods. You do as they say or I will be an unhappy Neth.

3. ANY PMS WHILE I AM OFFLINE WILL RESULT IN BEING PLACED ON MY PROBATION LIST. Unless you are a Gym leader, don't buggering PM me! If I come back to a full inbox, it's coming out of your coolpoints like whoa. I don't have the time to answer pms on everything. That's what Gym leaders are for.

On the contest:

Once I get the scores from Fox Demon Shippo, I will hand out the prizes. I have not forgotten about you people. I just can't go any further until I get those scores. Come on, Shippo! Help me out!

Anyways, that's all. Take care. And dear gods, I own a lot of crap!

--Neth  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:59 pm
Good idea Neth on warning everyone of your dissapearence. I also am going to be "moving" or also known as going off to college, and that will be by the 18th, so any posts from now till then by me consider your luck, not my regular posts as I am probably getting a lucky break to get on the net and felt like checking out the guild. I am going to be a computer science major and one of my big goals it to advance artificial inteligence enough that when making games people can give some simple ai's to all NPCs so they don't repeat themselves when you talk to them and they actually notice what you have done rather than what they are programed to notice you have done. For instance the NPCs in pokemon, after telling you that contests exist and you talk to them again before entering a contest would try harder to convince you to enter one and give you more information about them or shorten what they say instead and wouldn't inccesantly repeat the same line, but once you do a pokemon contest they would be surprised and say wow so you entered so and so in this contest, cool, they sucked or they ruled, ect. I am really interested in artificial inteligence and find it dissapointingly lacking currently in games, which tend to have rather stuipid, if fast reacting, computer controlled characters. For instance, in Super Smash Brothers Melee, if you have a fox computer in the hyrule temple level, there is a way to get him to chase you down to the lower area, and if you leave fast enough he can't get back up and will try repeatedly but his jump programming causes him to do his doubble jump at a point nearly touching the ground and he never gets over the edge to get back up. I tried this on all levels of computer and it allways works. Many other games have targeting problems with moving targets where the NPCs are stuipid enough to not have trig programing and simply running sideways and strafing will make you practically invulnerable. Computer players are also horrible in first person shooters at doing strategies such as finding a hiding place with few entrances and bunkering out and shooting down those who enter. They allways run around rather randomly and shoot as soon as they see an enemy. They also tend to be kinda cheating in that they allways know an enemy from an ally despite not being capable of understanding the graphics the player sees. I would wan't the computers to react only upon information they would have if they were played by a human, but right now that is impossible.  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:14 pm
Sorry Neth.... sweatdrop I haven't been online lately. I shall have them in by the next week. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:24 pm
I speak for alot of us when I say..... make us proud Toko, give me something to look for when I get into the feild wink

Plus we need some foundation if Neth is gone, *looks for Golem* but maybe people should come to the HQ more often. please sweatdrop I made it for this very kind of thing sad  

josh a gogo

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:07 pm
Nuggets shouldn't cost so much. They don't taste half so good as Rock Candy.

I EXIST, folks, and with neth going, excepect me to pop up around here a lot more. Normally I prefer to leave things in my sister's amazingly competent hands, but as she's going to be gone a while, feel free to PM me with your concerns or complaints.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:20 pm
Good look on moving and everything else.  

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

dorkus-malorkus

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:07 pm
Mm. Good luck, Neth. I hope your schedule loosens up a bit. We missh you! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:03 pm
cry bye bye Lovie! I hope those days will pass quickly and as painlessly as possible for you! blaugh Then we can have you back! heart  

Icysnowgirl

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:04 pm
Icysnowgirl
cry bye bye Lovie! I hope those days will pass quickly and as painlessly as possible for you! blaugh Then we can have you back! heart

<.< >.>

Nice outfit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:58 pm
PARTY WHILE NETH'S GONE!

>___>
<___<

Just kidding! ^__^ We'll party when you get back. Hopefully, one of us will still be sane by then.

Wait...

Are ANY of us sane to BEGIN with?
neutral  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Namagoroshi_Okibi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:46 pm
Alexa-sama
PARTY WHILE NETH'S GONE!

>___>
<___<

Just kidding! ^__^ We'll party when you get back. Hopefully, one of us will still be sane by then.

Wait...

neutral

naw...there is no such thing as "sane" it's just a figment of our immaginations....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:01 pm
Taiyoukai_Okibi
Alexa-sama
PARTY WHILE NETH'S GONE!

>___>
<___<

Wait...

neutral

naw...there is no such thing as "sane" it's just a figment of our immaginations....

Ah. Ok.

That's for clearing that up.
xd  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:44 pm
Surprise! Toko returns, he is now getting used to college! Horay for learning institutions! xd Lookie, I made a new sig! I hope Neth returns soon... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:22 am
Hey, thanks! *looks at sig and is proud* Lol, Sabrina is my nick on all other forums I'm on xd

WB, Toko!  

Flanny-Chan

Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces