Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Dreams + Physical Manifestations?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anandamide

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:45 am
Hello fellow citizens.
Has anyone ever had dreams then was presented with a physical manifestation of that dream in waking life? If so please do tell. smile
I am very curious... any insight on the following dreams would be loved.

Dream1: last year in waking life... i had been working on an art project involving glass, and therefore had several tiny cuts on my left palm. that night i dreamed that i was on the bank of a lake at twilight, i was fishing with such ease and success that all i had to do was put the hook just under the surface of the water and fish would hook themselves. I brought the bounty up the bank to my mother, who cooked them up and served them at a table, i don't recall who was sitting at the table. I poked the flesh with my fork, it was all pink and steamy. But i was dissatisfied and went back down to the lake... this time i sat in the water, it came up a little under my belly button. Little black tadpoles/fish swarmed around me, swimming up my privates, they also attempted to enter me through the cuts in my left hand.
when i woke up one of the cuts had turned into a small wart, and remained for 2 weeks after the dream.

Dream2: have had recurring dreams of mice for the past year-2 yrs. this one began with my bff's dad, my grandpa's girlfriend and my boyfriend in a basement watching a movie... (my boyfriend had a mouse in waking life that had disappeared a year prior.) in the dream he reached out to me, the mouse crawled from his shoulder to mine. my bff's dad got angry for some reason and told him to leave. I followed, and when i got outside the mouse turned into 2 then hundreds! crawling all over me and in my clothes. Then two dogs (one black one brown) began snapping at the mice, I fended them off trying to protect them, many of the mice ran away. I went back inside to store the mice somewhere safe. I emptied my clothes inside a room, all the mice were white and black except for the very last three... one had lodged itself in my left ear, one had lodged itself in my a**s, and the very last i shook out of my left sleeve. These three mice were partially red (fur color, not blood).
Now... since the dream i've noticed deep shooting pains in my left ear canal getting progressively more frequent and painful in the past 8 months, I've also begun to notice random pains in my a**s and in my left arm.

Please, any insight on my dreams or on the subject of physical manifestations of dreams would be most appreciated.
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 pm
i think it might be a case of your body affecting your dreams rather than the other way round. the subconscience tends to pick up on things that our conscious doesn't. it usually happens on a more emotional level (i.e. picking up on emotional problems) but i suppose it could pick up on other things.  

Just Tsuki

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 pm
Perhaps the mouse is your totem animal?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 pm
Often I shower before bed because I like to sleep all squeeky and clean. But if I had a dream where I am sword fighting or anything that would leave a cut or a bruise or mark I will wake up with a cut or bruise in the same place. I generaly think mudane first and go over the previous days events to see if anything could have caused said mark/cut.

When there is nothing that could have then I have my answer more often than not it's the latter.

In your case it could be anything a little bit of both actualy a little of your body effected your dreams and a little of your dreams affecting your body. Ot it could be neither with each individual the answers are different.  

Grey Jedi Knight

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:27 pm
yeah, my dreams can affect me very strongly... sweatdrop

I've woke up with cuts and/or markings before... due to some kind of magick dreams i've had... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:05 pm
I once had a dream where I had one of those hugs Asian wasps in my right ear with its abdomen in the canal with the stinger poking my eardrum and no matter how hard I tried to use air pressure or finger force it wouldn't budge and this was at the beginning of some inner ear problems.
I think most pain or pleasure someone has in a dream is the link the mind has to the body and its a way your body gives a status report.  

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm
i wouldn't know.....i have almost never felt when i get cuts so i can't keep track of them. bruises, lol i have to nearly fracture/brake bones to get bruises.

now that i think about it, nearly all my dreams don't have much to do with me at all.

my brother has had his dreams affect him before. i forget what it was......i think he had his arm cut off or something and the whole next day his arm was numb and he couldn't move his shoulder in certain directions.

i think it's possible he just pinched a nerve in his sleep too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 am
mmmm...my dreams are starting to affect me more lately... sweatdrop i guess it's okay..
though...i'm wondering if i'm unconsciously summoning a spirit or being...
Mmmm.. i normally wouldn't mind... but i can feel a presence probing around... sweatdrop though, since my depression is acting up... i've been really down... and my darkness is rising very high... is it my energy that attracts them?

I wonder if i'll meet another dark spirit then... somehow i've been feeling i'm being pushed into something... sweatdrop

i can definately feel im not myself.. and i've been craving for something in magick... xD lol....  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Sneaker Pimps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 pm
Anandamide

Dream1: last year in waking life... i had been working on an art project involving glass, and therefore had several tiny cuts on my left palm. that night i dreamed that i was on the bank of a lake at twilight, i was fishing with such ease and success that all i had to do was put the hook just under the surface of the water and fish would hook themselves. I brought the bounty up the bank to my mother, who cooked them up and served them at a table, i don't recall who was sitting at the table. I poked the flesh with my fork, it was all pink and steamy. But i was dissatisfied and went back down to the lake... this time i sat in the water, it came up a little under my belly button. Little black tadpoles/fish swarmed around me, swimming up my privates, they also attempted to enter me through the cuts in my left hand.
when i woke up one of the cuts had turned into a small wart, and remained for 2 weeks after the dream.

Dream2: have had recurring dreams of mice for the past year-2 yrs. this one began with my bff's dad, my grandpa's girlfriend and my boyfriend in a basement watching a movie... (my boyfriend had a mouse in waking life that had disappeared a year prior.) in the dream he reached out to me, the mouse crawled from his shoulder to mine. my bff's dad got angry for some reason and told him to leave. I followed, and when i got outside the mouse turned into 2 then hundreds! crawling all over me and in my clothes. Then two dogs (one black one brown) began snapping at the mice, I fended them off trying to protect them, many of the mice ran away. I went back inside to store the mice somewhere safe. I emptied my clothes inside a room, all the mice were white and black except for the very last three... one had lodged itself in my left ear, one had lodged itself in my a**s, and the very last i shook out of my left sleeve. These three mice were partially red (fur color, not blood).
Now... since the dream i've noticed deep shooting pains in my left ear canal getting progressively more frequent and painful in the past 8 months, I've also begun to notice random pains in my a**s and in my left arm.

Please, any insight on my dreams or on the subject of physical manifestations of dreams would be most appreciated.
Thanks!
Regarding your dreams they could have been a shamanic dream. These are literally visionary experiences of the trans-personal realms that may be accompanied by connection with spirits or soaring feelings of power that may be trans-formative.

Dreams are a doorway into another world and the dream gatherer is the door.

An example of a shamanic dream: A dream in which a person is ripped apart by a bird. Then put back together in the dream or in a later dream.

Dreams such as these signify a change or a death with the individual of something perhaps in their personality.

Hope this helps a great book to reference on such experiences is Awakening to the Spirit World/i] chapters 2 and 6.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games