Reply ♪ Chatterbox
Being a "Music Lover"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeaomo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 pm
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but why do people call themselves music lovers while having their head in their butt about certain genre's?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm
I think they mean "music lover" as in that one or two genres that they like, they love them so much it's practically become a religion for them. Which is like some religious people to bash other religions. So one music fan to another.

I see it as, your into what your into. I might not like what you like, or vice versa. But I don't care, It's my own opinion, and your's is your's.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

Dona Amora de Crema

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:38 pm
Yeah, in my opinion i dont see how you can be a true music-lover, yet they only limit themselves to certain types of captain.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 pm
Feyha
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but why do people call themselves music lovers while having their head in their butt about certain genre's?

well i can relate a lil  

CherryBlossomBoy

5,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm
Depends on what exactly you mean about someone having their head in their butts about certain genres. Are you talking about other guild members? How the subforums are organized? Or just people in general?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm
People can love music without liking certain generas. Generas just define the type of sound one can expect to come out of the music in question. Saying you don't like a genera is just saying you don't like those types of sounds. It's just as valid as saying that you don't like a song because it doesn't sound good to you. People can love music without loving every song ever made.  

LordKhrima
Crew

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:32 pm
LordKhrima
People can love music without liking certain generas. Generas just define the type of sound one can expect to come out of the music in question. Saying you don't like a genera is just saying you don't like those types of sounds. It's just as valid as saying that you don't like a song because it doesn't sound good to you. People can love music without loving every song ever made.

Writing off an entire genre is still being narrow-minded, no matter how you slice it.

That being said, there isn't a single person on this earth who is genuinely open-minded about everything that the music world has to offer, because there is ALWAYS going to be something that just does not sit well with an individual.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:43 pm
The Other Half of the Sky
LordKhrima

Writing off an entire genre is still being narrow-minded, no matter how you slice it.

That being said, there isn't a single person on this earth who is genuinely open-minded about everything that the music world has to offer, because there is ALWAYS going to be something that just does not sit well with an individual.

Yeah, I agree. It's just making a generalization that could easily be proven wrong if you take the time to listen to a bunch of songs from the genres you don't like. At the same time, there's also the question of why listen to something you don't think you'll like when you can listen to something you know you'll probably enjoy?  

LordKhrima
Crew

Awesomerissa

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 pm
LordKhrima

I totally agree. I love music! I would die if I couldnt listen to music! But I generally dont like country. But I still like some country songs, so I think you shouldnt say that you dont like a whole genere, because you probly like at least one song from that genere.Im pretty sure I spelled genere wrong to. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:11 pm
i love music so much! but i guess it is true that u should at least try different genres which is wut i'm doing this year~  

--- Rice_Cupcake ---

Blind Masterpiece

7,150 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:46 pm
Hm, that's a very good question. confused  
♪ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash