Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Will There Be An Announcement System For Friends?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Gaia should do this?
  Yes
  No
  I don't care.
View Results

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 pm
Hello GGN,

I've been thinking, and I think it'd make things much easier if Gaia created something like the guild announcements that lets oyu send PMs to all of your friends in your friends list. I think Gaia would prove to be much more efficient if they chose to do that. Then you wouldn't have to take the time to send the PM one-by-one.

Please leave comments/suggestions below.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:42 am
Gaia used to have a mass PM system that was abolished because it got abused.

Given that they no longer seem interested in the guilds I doubt they'd restore the friends list mass PM's because there's a lot of work to be done with it.

Gaia's too busy making knock off fish based games to bother with it's own on site features, sadly.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:01 am
Announcement System for Friends? Now to be honest, that is stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 am
i remember when they had the mass pm for friends. i hated it. all i ever got were chain letters and a couple people using it as as blog and would send out multiple updates on their life each day.

call me bitter but i hope it never comes back  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 am
Thanks for your opinion everybody. Any others?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 pm
it would be a pain especially for those of us with a big friend list with people who mus type what happens to them daily. not to say how much work the developers have to put in to bring it back.  

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:44 pm
gecloud
it would be a pain especially for those of us with a big friend list with people who mus type what happens to them daily. not to say how much work the developers have to put in to bring it back.

Since it already existed before it would need only be modified I would think.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 am
gecloud

I've got a large amount of friends too. So I guess I do know hat you mean. But it'd make it so much easier to send something that you wanted everyone on your friends list to have if they brought it back.  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:09 am
my friend list is only 11 strong but still 2 or 3 like to pm with nothing to say but when you have a large friend list like 100 then your getting around 20-30 pms a day that you know you won't respond to. you'll just get pissed at them all and delete them from your friend list. so the friend announcement thing would just drive people away. beside there basic pm method lets you pm a few people as is  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:50 am
IF they gave us back mass pm'ing for the friends, there are a couple of ways to stop the spam.

1. charge a fee for mass pm's- who wants to pay for spamming

2. give all users the options of not receiving them- they can stop pm's from anyone not on their friend's list anyway.

3. Report the spam... between charging for the pm's and then reporting it if it is spam. the user gets double dinged. And if the mods do decide it is spam, then they can fine the user more gold.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 am
mamarita
IF they gave us back mass pm'ing for the friends, there are a couple of ways to stop the spam.

2. give all users the options of not receiving them- they can stop pm's from anyone not on their friend's list anyway.

3. Report the spam... between charging for the pm's and then reporting it if it is spam. the user gets double dinged. And if the mods do decide it is spam, then they can fine the user more gold.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Excellent ideas. I'm all for this.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 am
Ebony the Peacian
mamarita

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Excellent ideas. I'm all for this.

I completely agree! I love these ideas.  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:32 am
I doubt there will be what with all the abuse in the past XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:32 pm
I think people will still use it for spamming.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items