Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
@8~Mamoru Chiba:~8@ better then ~*Seiya Kou*~ Anime/Manga? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:45 am
Mamour vs Seiya

Seiya Vs Mamoru...

Who's better- as a character.?

Personally, I'm a Mamoru Fan. I'll say Mamoru is the best leading Male Character in the Anime/Manga/ and PGSM.

Really.. you can't compare him (at least to me).

Purpose of this thread- So I can get why Some of you prefer Seiya and Usagi over the Cannon Couple (to me the perfect one).

And I don't want ' Because they look good together' as an answer. It's a shitty answer and it doesn't tell much.
Anyone looks good with Usagi- hell even Umino!
So none of that.

I want a good answer.

Arigato Minna! 4laugh  
Blaz rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 2 Total: 14 (7-28)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:10 pm
A long time ago, I would agree with you. But now that I'm older and have seen both the dubbed and original versions and have read the mangas...I'm a Seiya fan all the way. Why have I switched my loyalties?

It's simple really...I have a thing for transvesites xp
Darien was wimpy as a leading male character...hell I watched the first season only to see him get his a** kicked. The only version where Tuxedo Mask/ Tuxedo Kamen seems "cool" would be the manga...and only because he has cooler attacks.

Now as for Seiya, the first time you even get a glimpse of him its like love. Even if you start out hating him for trying to steal Mamoru's place, you can't help but jeer him on. Not only is his character lovable, he's the leader of the Starlights', he's dedicated to his princess and doesn't mind protecting Usagi at all costs, and he's awesome as a woman and a man.

Why would they be good together???
Their personalities are almost similiar yet it varies in the places that there need be.  

Blaz

Syndrama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:56 pm
Anime versions-

I pick Seiya over Mamoru, Toei just turned Mamoru into a callous jerk who didn't care that much and was never there, but Usagi still stayed loyal to the end, even when she knew he was dead. It showed the power of her heart, which I respect them for doing, but seriously... she could have at least taken Seiya's offer to go for ice cream or something... sweatdrop It would have cheered her up if nothing else.

Manga's a different story-

Mamoru's much more caring and protective of her, it's a real shame when he's dead and you WANT him to be reborn quickly to save her from Galaxia. They fit together so much better in the manga. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:04 pm
Yes, but I'll always take Mamoru over Seiya anyday. I think in either one, Mamoru is being in character.

I mean seriiously, He's sacrificed a lot for Usagi. I mean, he's been alone all his life- unlike Seiya who had his princess and his foe StarLights.

Seiya can be vunerable around them. Tell them his fears and such.

But Mamoru didn't -have- that growing up in the Anime. Besides, displays of affection- especially in public- must make him uncomfortable.

But seriously, Magic wise Seiya has the most offensive magic.

MAmoru has defensive magic (plus that nifty elctric attack he had when he was Evil that he used on Sailormoon.) And... how many of you can say that Seiya- using magic- can keep life in a body if their spirit is gone?

In both Manga and in Anime Mamoru is able to do that with Chibiusa when her Heart Crystal/ Silver Crystal(starseed whatever) is stolen and she is clincally dead?

Mamoru in all three verison he's your typical Japanese man. School and Studies come first over anything. (Ami is a prime example too with all her studying and Cram school.)

Besides, In the Anime (and Manga) he gets killed and tells Galaxia about the senshi that would bring her down.

I found it tragic that his last words were about them and 'Usako'.

Seiya, well, he's cool and all but he's not from Earth is one and he can't be loyal to both Princess Kakyuu and Usagi. It's a tear in Loyalities.

Really... I think about it in terms of what Mamoru would think and I try to think about what Seiya would think too.

Imagine, you're off and away from your girlfriend- or at least you were leaving to get a better education in order to get a good job to support your girlfriend bills and your girlfriend's habits.. (ie Eating and shopping and such.)

That's expensive!

And in the Anime with the Death Busters and the Deadmoon Circus- he cleans out his wallet to buy her an outfit...

She didn't tell him when her birthday was- but when he got it he went and bought her the glass shoes.

Oo;;

He's devouted in his own way and is slowly comming out of his shell- that type of thing takes time you know.

Seiya can't be complete devoted to Usagi when he's bound to Princess Kakyuu.

v.v I guess for me, I don't like the fact that he's trying to steal someone else's girlfriend.

Seiya's a Casanova- full of need but desire left untouch.

^ to me he's like the another character that try to get with Usagi. Remember Demando? He was just as passionate as Seiya.

Finically speaking, I don't think Seiya dabbles in the stock Market. He can't really support Usagi forever... Football skills and A pop idol singers are a dime a dozen when society shifts it's attention and such.

Mamoru is striving to be a doctor. It's really a more secure job that ensures a long career.

*ano.. I over think it non? *

<.< Though I wouldn't mind a threesome with those three. XD; *ish terrible but yeah...it would rather be...interesting...*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:32 pm
Okay, I support both MamoruxUsagi and SeiyaxUsagi. I'm not very keen on Mamoru though. I prefer Seiya over him because of Seiya's personality really. He just seems more out going than Mamoru ever has. And as Starfighter, she has better fighting abilities. All Tuxedo Kamen does, really, is spout nonsense and throw roses. At least Starfighter is a Senshi and she can kick serious a**.

I like Seiya better but I still like Usagi and Mamoru as a couple... I'm a fence sitter on that... I like Usagi with a lot of people though... ehehehehe sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:38 pm
Personally I like Seiya, she is a great character. I don't personally see her with Usagi. Then again I'm not much of a UsagixMamoru fan either. I like Manga Mamoru a lot. He was my first crush as a child. God, I drooled over him. I thought he was hot. And I loved his sort of scathing comments towards Usagi. XD Personally Mamoru for Usagi, at least for me. Seiya, I'm not sure who I see her with.  

Tea with Cinnamon

Syndrama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:12 pm
Guilty Pleasure ----> I prefer 'Evil Endymion' over Mamoru anyday... He's sexier, SMARTER, and has a cool charm all his own that he loses as a normal guy. heart _ heart *joygasms*  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:55 pm
kyrana kirri
Guilty Pleasure ----> I prefer 'Evil Endymion' over Mamoru anyday... He's sexier, SMARTER, and has a cool charm all his own that he loses as a normal guy. heart _ heart *joygasms*

Right on sister! heart Dark Kingdom no Endymion-sama is VERY drool-worthy!  

Solar Kitty-chan

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:42 pm
*tottally agrees* Something about him being evil .... *shakes heads.*

merwo....now there's a too many ...thoughts with that. twisted rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:28 am
Girls are just naturally drawn to the bad guys. Tehehe. :3  

Tea with Cinnamon

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:20 pm
I dunno why but I thought ' Evil Endymion with Seiya. * twisted

I find that to be and reather good yaoi....in my head.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:53 am
Luamervara

...Oooooooooh..... now that'd be fun o.o  

Syndrama

Redford Blade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:20 am
Please! No more terrible images! crying

As a guy, I have different criteria to rate them by. Namely, by how their perfection annoys me. Mamoru starts out decently rich (sports car, lavish apartment, motorcycle), is the classic Prince Charming, and gets far better grades than I do. Seiya is a Pop-star who enjoys football and is horning in on another guy's girlfriend (even if Mamoru is out of the picture, they know he has to come back).

As much as Mamoru earns my vicious envy for being Prince Charming, Seiya gets the brunt of my hatred for being a pop-star and a football player. Seiya's kind of people have been my nemeses all throughout high school.

Besides, Mamoru is more like me (though as stated, better looking, better grades, and rich), and therefore what I think a boyfriend should be: witty, protective, totally devoted, unwavering, etc. Roselite, care to back me up here?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:45 am
lol XP. Poor redford.. he'll have nightmares about it....

twisted  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:47 am
~Alechsa~
Luamervara

...Oooooooooh..... now that'd be fun o.o

Quick! Someone needs to type one of those up Stat! (always wanted to say that... ninja )  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff