Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
History of Prejudice in your area? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:53 pm
This question pertains to any prejudice in your area of work and living. Whether from the authorities or members of other sects.

I'm compiling a list for me and a few friends, If you can give locations and affiliations that's fine.
However any reaction from everyone is welcome.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 pm
Oborosen
This question pertains to any prejudice in your area of work and living. Whether from the authorities or members of other sects.

I'm compiling a list for me and a few friends, If you can give locations and affiliations that's fine.

A list to do what exactly?  

CandleandCards

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:27 am
There is not a lot of prejudice, and technically if there was in my workplace it would be against the law. How they feel about it on a personal level I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 am
Oborosen

It's illegal to give me prejudice. I live in a predominately Christian area though. Just to find the Satanic Bible on the shelves of the library is amazing. I do have good friends that don't care too much. But when people ask me my religion and I say "Thelema", I do get a lot of funny looks.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:31 pm
A list to do what exactly?

Don't get me wrong, the listing was intended to help classify certain living area's for our wider housed sect members.

I live close to Atlanta and the people around some of our housing districts, are very open in there hate for others of different faith's. We our selves, have had vandalism's, Injuries, and sabotage attempts.

Locale judiciaries are giving us the run around and our own officials are having problems of there own.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but we'd like to try to lessen the problems as much as we can.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 pm
Ah. I'm on the outlying counties outside Chicago.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 am
The thing is, you are going to find prejudice anywhere. Unless you buy a huge plot of land in the desert with no neighbors you are pretty much out of luck.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm
i applaud your resolve Oborosen, and i am glad to see that i am not alone in this.

i live in Gainesville, Florida, and most people here are christian. alot of the christians are rednecks, and most of them are fanatically republican. there are plenty of those who openly hate Muslims, Pagans, Wiccans, Jews and such, though rarely do anyone here hate the Hindus (probably because of the behaviors and openness they display, and the fact that they seem to work together with the christian churches in all the community and charity programs).

we also have some racism, though it is mostly kept quiet. most of it is Blacks hating Whites, but we've our fare share of the Vice Versa, and there are open IKA members all around.

there is also Gang activity, and all the warring that comes with it. despite the war between the Bloods and Krips however, there is surprisingly alot of peacefull underground business between those two groups. ironic, all things considered. i chalk it up to the fact that my friend J.J. (who is a Krip and a Swamp Angel simultaneously) is teh brother of the leader of the Philidelphia branch of teh Bloods. however, a bunc of those violent yankee bastards came down to G-ville and ******** up the balance of it. gang activity use dto be about numbers, not actual fighting. now i actually am a kill-on-sight enemie of the Bloods...

anywho, the cops here are no good either. they are bullies. they mostly go after school-kids with weed, or for speeders and other traffic violators. and they love to intimidate people at random. yesterday at the Farmer's Market one cop kept interupting all the music and juggling and hula-hooping by snapping his bullwhip and trying to show off to anyone and everyone how skilled he was with a whip. had this sneer on his face... damn pigs...

out in smaller towns in the other counties, especially closer to the coast, the streets are actively segregated. there will be Black-half of the city and White-half. if their's asians or mexicans, they'll have their own spot. only bigger cities have any Indians, Middle-Easterners or the like.

in Fort Meyers, there i a gang of haters that kill Juggalos and kill or rape Juggalettes. i have a number of friends who are Juggalos/lettes. and some of them are in Fort Meyers, including one of my most loyal friends.

so yeh, that's the lowdown, leastways as far as i can tell ya.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 pm
Another problem in some areas is too many fluffies. That's the problem around where I live in Central Pa. Just way too many fluffies.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:11 am
Yeah, I operated out of Jacksonville for about five years. The people there when no better then some of the worst places we tried.

Anna a Wiccan friend of mine got into it with the a group of the Christ Fellowship guys down there.
They Hanged and stoned her, in the plaza square outside our temple.

To my knowledge there has still been no formal report gone through. I think its perhaps that 89% of the police force was from there church.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 am
shadowflameguardian
The thing is, you are going to find prejudice anywhere. Unless you buy a huge plot of land in the desert with no neighbors you are pretty much out of luck.

We already tried that once, Medina Ohio 1986 Oak Hill community.

Vandalism, Theft, Arson, Threats, and Murders.
Had to give it up in 98, place doesn't even look the same anymore.
It's like all evidence of us is gone now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:38 am
Oborosen
Yeah, I operated out of Jacksonville for about five years. The people there when no better then some of the worst places we tried.

Anna a Wiccan friend of mine got into it with the a group of the Christ Fellowship guys down there.
They Hanged and stoned her, in the plaza square outside our temple.

To my knowledge there has still been no formal report gone through. I think its perhaps that 89% of the police force was from there church.

Now why on earth haven't I heard about this? It sounds sensationalist enough for it to get into mainstream awareness, and the Wiccan community would pounce on this opportunity for a modern-day martyr. Can we have a news source confirming this?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:44 am
If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would give you a simple explanation. But there's nothing more that I can say, other then the lack of information comes from a simple aspect of not caring.

End result, I now hate Ohio.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:17 am
Oborosen
If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would give you a simple explanation. But there's nothing more that I can say, other then the lack of information comes from a simple aspect of not caring.

You mean the media didn't care about a news story that would have brought in a veritable deluge of money if it had been reported? And what has Ohio got to do with it?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:46 am
Mitsh
Oborosen

You mean the media didn't care about a news story that would have brought in a veritable deluge of money if it had been reported? And what has Ohio got to do with it?

I know the media doesn't care or report a lot of stories, but somewhere there has to be someone that knows something.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games