Reply Social Room
Anyone up for a turn-based dogfighter?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm
Found a pretty cool flash game while browsing a forum this morning, thought I would share it with my fellow cult members. mrgreen

SteamBirds

It's a 2-D dogfighter, but with a more strategic twist for those who prefer a more premeditated victory. It's proven a great game to play for me to pass the time and try to ace every stage. It also has an small, yet interesting storyline to go with it.

I could even see potential for a small game made like it, maybe with some multi-player of some sort.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 pm
This might belong in the Gallery, but it is still a pretty damn amazing game.  

Owwin

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 am
Owwin
This might belong in the Gallery, but it is still a pretty damn amazing game.

Yeah, I was debating whether it should go here or The Gallery, eventually settled for the Social Room since if anything at least it's the most general of the forums. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 pm
At first I thought you were talking about pokemon, but then I realized dogfighting not dog fighting.  

Owwin

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 pm
Owwin
At first I thought you were talking about pokemon, but then I realized dogfighting not dog fighting.

xd Yeah, I meant plane dogfights. I've played the game some more though, it gets pretty challenging to create strategies and get four stars near the end levels, but it's also great fun. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:17 pm
Master_Glink
Owwin

xd Yeah, I meant plane dogfights. I've played the game some more though, it gets pretty challenging to create strategies and get four stars near the end levels, but it's also great fun. biggrin
I hate the blimp level. It took forever cause I couldn't get my planes to shield the blimp's attacks and shoot back at the blimp, so I decided to get them to shoot it from out of range turn away and then come back. IT TOOK FOREVER.  

Owwin

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 am
Owwin
Master_Glink
Owwin

I hate the blimp level. It took forever cause I couldn't get my planes to shield the blimp's attacks and shoot back at the blimp, so I decided to get them to shoot it from out of range turn away and then come back. IT TOOK FOREVER.

I know what you mean, I'm at a similar point near the end of the timeline. I think I might have a way to get through it's defenses quicker, but I haven't had the time to test it yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 pm
Yeah, the game is nice.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash