Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
History of the Evil eye Condition.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If the Ends justified the horrid means, would you use a Cruel spell to get revenge?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:02 pm
There is a condition in certain beings that iv come across a few times in the past few years. Its origins is a cult of seven point star cast members, that first showed up around 1346 to the late 1400s.

The original name was translated loosely as (Oculus Infernum), but more commonly became known as the Evil Eye.
It first showed signs of uprising in eastern Europe but I cant pin down where. The members of the cult where all from the upper class of Society, except for one. The Originator who Iv only been able to tell was called Inam. These people communicated with other sects of magi, and heavy religion worshiping groups.

My fascination with this subject came up when an earlier post spoke Aleister Crowley. Iv come across information between a meeting with him and Inam and in it he is described as a Middle Eastern shaman.

I would like to know if anyone in the guild has any information on this (spell) if it can be considered that. Like what does it do, and what are the needed materials if any are required for the desired effect.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm
I don't have any information on the evil eye (aside that I had heard it was evil for the person who did evil against the caster and that it wasn't some evil curse) but I have a bit of warning about the poll question. I used an instant karama spell for revenge and I got bit in the a**, hard. Sure, my subject got his karama but only after my karamatic debit was paid in full with added interest.  

J. Dragonhater

Mistreena

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 am
I don't know much about the Evil Eye, but I have heard that the Ancient Egyptians wore the Ank and the Ancient Romans wore phallic symbols for protection against it.

Since the Evil Eye I'm talking about is from the ancient civilisations, and you said that this cult started around the 14th century, I don't know if they are comletely related, or if the cult merely took the old belief and used it as their practice.

Also a note on the poll and response to J. Dragonhater - the Wiccan belief has the Threefold Law, similar to karma: everything you do comes back at you threefold. Even if it is revenge for something someone else did, if you do something bad you will get the bad. If they have already done something bad (to merit your wanting revenge), it is likely they will already suffer without your having to do anything. Karma ^^ I love it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 pm
J. Dragonhater
I don't have any information on the evil eye (aside that I had heard it was evil for the person who did evil against the caster and that it wasn't some evil curse) but I have a bit of warning about the poll question. I used an instant karama spell for revenge and I got bit in the a**, hard. Sure, my subject got his karama but only after my karamatic debit was paid in full with added interest.

Good point, and I understand what you mean by that answer. But as you know there are far more then karma spells out there.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:58 am
Thought it was time to update this.
I do have information on the Eye in question but the practitioners still elude me.

The ability to use it counted on three power symbols being etched into the users face. To help draw latent energy from the users body.
The worst part in my opinion is the removal of the eye lids and the splitting of the dermal skin above and below the eyes.

I'm still not sure what the usage of this art was for. If anyone has some ideas or information post please. Not knowing is really starting to bother me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:07 pm
I've really never heard of any of this, and would love to see some of your sources. It sounds very interesting, to say the least.

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:48 pm
I heard it was a spell or symbol that forced out evil while in other cases it enacted the evil instead.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm
The spell your referring to is actually a seal meant to hold evil at bay.
Mostly its also translated as those that do you harm shall not return to the new day.
I think its just to keep those away that threaten you or your family.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:28 am
People and their meanings.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32 pm
I'm not sure that I'm talking about the same think but anyway. Nazar (Turkish) or Kako mati (Greek) aka Evil Eye, is when someone looks at another person with evil intent and (especially) jealousy thus laying what we call (in Greece) the "evil eye" which causes misfortune, a feeling of burden on your head and a mild disorientation. Many parapsychologists in the Balkan Peninsula theorized that it is the disrupting of a person's aura due to someone's malice and there are specialized prayers in the Eastern Orthodox Church that ward against it and lift it. There are also people which have been passed down the special "prayer" amongst the people from their ancestors and they are extremely secretive about it. From what I could gather, some use salted water and others, a cup of water with a drop of olive oil to discern whether or not you have the "Evil Eye" and then, they recite the secret invocation to Mary. We also use an amulet called "the eye" (Greece) or the hand of Fatma (Turkey) for protection against it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_fatma  

Saliman Albus

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 pm
Oborosen
There is a condition in certain beings that iv come across a few times in the past few years. Its origins is a cult of seven point star cast members, that first showed up around 1346 to the late 1400s.

The original name was translated loosely as (Oculus Infernum), but more commonly became known as the Evil Eye.
It first showed signs of uprising in eastern Europe but I cant pin down where. The members of the cult where all from the upper class of Society, except for one. The Originator who Iv only been able to tell was called Inam. These people communicated with other sects of magi, and heavy religion worshiping groups.

My fascination with this subject came up when an earlier post spoke Aleister Crowley. Iv come across information between a meeting with him and Inam and in it he is described as a Middle Eastern shaman.

I would like to know if anyone in the guild has any information on this (spell) if it can be considered that. Like what does it do, and what are the needed materials if any are required for the desired effect.

If you study Crowley you should be aware of your manifestation and control of your will. If you set an intent for something as instantaneous as an evil eye it's pretty clear after some study of the libers of the A.' A.' If you need info/books I can direct you in the right area.
I don't believe it's a condition at all. Your eyes are the windows to your soul, If you master your soul it is only logical that your gaze has power also.

Your brain and your spirit are the most useful tools you have in occult works. Don't fret over such trivial things ;P Your will is only as strong as you believe.

-- Vittoria  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff