Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Alice in Wonderland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this review helpful?
  Yes
  Not at all
  I'll never say! *backflips into black hole*
  *Falls into rabbit hole yoinks gold and wonders off*
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:43 am
I found this movie to be rather good. I can't say how much like the original books it is because...well I could never make it through the original books even when money was involved. Truth be told I never even got Alice to Wonderland to me they were that bad.

However, the "Looking Glass Wars" is a different story the first book is very good the second is a bit harder to read. A very good take on an old classic I think.

Now I know many of you are thinking "Oh God not another Tim Burton film" however I say give it a chance. It's very good in my opinion and quite different. It's as if someone took the original Alice in Wonderland books, mixed in the Looking Glass Wars, added a bit of Tim Burton, threw in some crack and told them they couldn't come out till they had something and I think they manged to pull it off.

Sure it's a bit weird but at the same time this is "Alice in Wonderland" that story what I hear was weird anyway and every remake twisted-make and so on has been just as weird so really there isn't much to lose. Sure some of the characters are a little strange but that seems to make them all the more unique and interesting not to mention memorable.

I personally say it is worth the money to check this out and if you don't want to spend a lot then go to the early showing where it is only 5 bucks then not to much is lost. I say give it a go it's not the usual Tim Burton movies. I very much enjoyed it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 pm
I wanted to see Alice in Wonderland. I know I'll see it, I'm just waiting for when I can rent it. Of course it's supposed to be a weird story movie lol Alice in Wonderland is weird on its own, add in Tim Burton and you've got a party.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:39 am
*nods* Very true, but I enjoyed it and I know Alice in Wonderland is suppose to be weird. I think I called it weird simply because it wasn't like most Tim Burton movies ya know? However, it was still very good I thought.  
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games