Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5ds Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 pm
5ds hasn't been mentioned in the forums so I thought Oh. Well.
I'm gonna have to put something up. If you don't like it: Then TOO. BAD!!! TOO BAD!*nods*
tihs is just where 5ds fans can come for whatever reason. that's all.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:21 pm
I was thinking there has to be a 5D thread, but nope, there is a GX one. So yes this is rather necessary. I can't say I watch it myself, although I'd be much more inclined to get into 5D than GX, I just haven't had the time for something that's long and in progress. When I have more time (and finish more of my fail list - i.e. the list of things I want to read/watch and/or have started to read/watch) and/or the series concludes I'll give it a shot though.

Anyhow if Rik ever comes back in here I know she's really into 5D, so you could yammer with her - try and convince me to have more time. wink

Cheers on a new thread! razz  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 am
Yes, I'm in agreement with JK. =D Good to have new threads, though I have not had time to get into 5D's yet, and therefore can't contribute very well.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:09 pm
hey, the 5d's series is cool, even without Yugi or Jaden. It's on at 7:30 on saturday on cartoon network and * am on weekdays on same station. the manga (and yes there is one check ourmanga.com) has yet to come out, but I've read a bit and it's still cool.
...oops, I'm getting into a rant, aren't I??? sweatdrop sorry  

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm
I never said anything against 5D (though I can't say I have any love for Jaden, though I have only seen parts of one episodes and then LK spoofs of GX), I'm sure it's fine. I just haven't had time and it's very long and still in progress. I'll try to give it a chance when I have time, although I can guarantee you unless I have work (I coach swim team and come June we start having practice weekdays at 7am and competitions which will start at 7am on Saturdays) I have no will to get out of bed before 9am. Even that's quite difficult sometimes depending on how late I stay up. Anyhow I have been trying to avoid starting series - particularly anime series - mid season now. So that I can be OCD and make sure I watch it all. So unless you can let me know for sure when it'll restart at episode 1 I'll probably have to look at it online.

And it hasn't come out but you've read it?! How did you do that! Can you travel to the future!!?! eek Hehe, or did you just mean it isn't out in English yet or something? Anyhow I still haven't even finished the original YGO manga (stopped somewhere around volume 19, the person I was borrowing it from stopped buying it for awhile and I never got around to looking for it online) yet, so chances are I wouldn't be reading spin off manga anytime soon, haha. One day maybe, one day!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:36 pm
@Akasha: Not particularly fond of Juudai either, so I can't say I'd miss him. XD I am definitely interested, but I think I'll be looking for the series online, so that I can watch it in Japanese/not have to schedule when I watch it/not have to get up early. I did look up some of the characters earlier today, and they seem quite fun. I think I'm especially fond of Blitz.
And no, you're not ranting. XD  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 pm
I should look up characters, that's usually a make or break decision with me for many series, and I'm not expecting 5D characters to turn me off so it should motivate me. I mean, looking up characters was how I ended up watching Naruto in the first place, interest in them, not the plot. The plot is meh.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 pm
Yeah, just from looking up the main characters of 5D's, I think I would like Blitz, Aki, Rally, and Jin. That's not bad considering I just had a cursory glance at small descriptions.  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 pm
Mmm...I'll try to remember to look them up this weekend. I expect the week to be crazy. I did get called into the district today and then coaching started up this week. I am really happy to be back though, I missed life around the pool and I missed my team. And I missed being Coach! lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Yeah, but just as a warning, for some reason the dub gave Blitz's name to another character, and named him Nerve or something instead. The character I like is called Blitz in the Japanese version. XD;;
Hey, Coach, nice shot! =D  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm
smile
@JK: I read it on ourmanga.com. It's only the first two chapters though.
Also, I'm not sure, but Youtube mighthave episode one, that or some kind of anime website. I really don't know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 pm
@Kits - So the character you like is called Nerve in the Dub? Why would they do something confusing like that?!?

@Aka - Oh so it was a preview?

Yea, I'm sure I can find it somewhere when I have time, I just don't want to start it now and want to get invested but not have time. I have 3 jobs and grad school stuff to do, so actually for now I've stopped all but a few of my shows (the ones running, that I'm currently caught up in, on TV) anyhow. But yea, I figure worse case scenario I can try Megavideo, it usually has everything. Because it's annoying, and thus needs some sort of compensation.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:22 pm
@JK: Yeah, the character I like is named Blitz in the Japanese, but Nerven in the dub, and the character that I just think is okay is named Nerve in the Japanese and Blitz in the dub. Plus the two are compatriot characters, so it gets even more confusing! @_@  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:57 pm
Haha, I'm now imagining there was some error in rewriting the script and after they were like, "oh s**t...well...whatever." xd  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:04 pm
Haha, that'd be pretty epic, though I'm thinking it was more something like... Blitz is kind of a 'cool' name, but the character is kind of a nerd, where's Nerve is a cool character, so they gave him Blitz instead. But then dub Blitz needed a name now, so they gave him Nerve's old name, but then that still sounded too cool for him, so they added an 'N' to make it sound dorkier. XD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff