Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: New Age of the Four Nations

Back to Guilds

An Avatar: The Last Airbender role-playing guild for AVATARDS! 

Tags: Avatar, Airbending, Firebending, Waterbending, Earthbending 

Reply Fire Nation
Fire Fountain City Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaise1897
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:48 pm
Fire Fountain City is a large, industrial city located in the Fire Nation. It is named for the large fountain in the center that shoots out fire instead of water.. It is located on one of the many islands in the eastern half of the Fire Nation.

Before the reign of Fire Lord Zuko, this was one of the many industrial towns in the Fire Nation that supported the war effort. Many factories are located in the city, and pollution is extensive, although not as bad as it used to be. The city is a working class town with very seedy elements. It is considered unsafe to walk around Fire Fountain City at night, so most citizens stay indoors.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:41 pm
Jet walked home from a night of sabotaging war machines in a nearby factory. hopefully that will slow down the fire lord a little, I took out about 20 or 30 of those things plus a couple of the machines that make them. he thinks to himself. As jet approaches his home he sees some fire nation soldiers around it. He walks in and sees his mother talking to a soldier. " Mom what's going on here?" i said " I told the soldiers what you've been doing, how could you sabotage your own nation jet." my mom said.
" What what fire lord Ignis is trying to do is wrong and you know it" i yelled back at her. She sighed and nodded to the soldiers. I blasted him through a wall with fire drew my sword and dealt with the other soldiers. " how could you , your own son" i say to my mother. " your a traitor and a disgrace to me" she whispers back.
" Fine i'll just leave then" i say sheathing my sword and running out the door. " you can't defeat the fire lord by yourself you know it's all a lost cause give up now and we'll forget this whole thing happened". she yells after me. I ignore her with one thing one my mind She's right i can't defeat him on my own i need help. maybe i can find that help in the capitol city.  

-_Chris So Savage_-

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:36 pm
User Image

Maiyu glanced up at the flame-spitting fountain, one neatly plucked eyebrow raised in mild amusement. Sure, the fountain was impressive, but it was also probably a hassle to maintain, and keep clean. On top of that, who was it supposed to impress? It wasn't like this was the Capital City or anything. And Maiyu was also fairly certain she'd never met a noble (or even someone who had more than enough money to live comfortably) from this place. Fire Fountain City was by no means a small farming town, but it wasn't exactly a bustling city-state either. Sighing, she turned away from the fountain, and headed towards the market. Maiyu was glad she had opted to go with light and airy red tunic and pants, instead of the armor she had originally been considering. The heat was enough to make even the toughest of warriors complain, and Maiyu was fairly confident that her combined skills in bending and sword-play would be enough to make up for her lack of metal clothing. Reaching into her pocket for her bag of coins with one hand, Maiyu raised her other hand to adjust the simple half pony-tail that kept most of her hair out of her eyes, golden/amber eyes scanning the marketplace critically.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 am
User Image

Hogosya, the Lonely Warrior

Hogosya pulled the hood of his robe farther down his face as a Fire Nation patrol marched by. He didnt want to risk anyone remembering his face his first night in town.

After the incident at Ember Island, he wasnt keen on having his cover blown again. Luckily those firebenders didnt have time to give his description to authorities, So he was still unknown.

Still, best not to be remembered just coming into town. Once he lost himself in the crowd, he could perhaps start his life again in this big city. Though it was a filthy place, all of the tall buildings and factories amazed Hogosya, who had spent his life among stone huts and forests.

He was paying so much attention to the building, that he didnt notice the girl in the marketplace until it was to late, and bumped into her, knocking her coin purse on the ground and scattering coins.

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:53 pm
User Image

Maiyu silently cursed under her breath as someone rammed into her, eyes flashing with gold fire, angry at both herself and the insolent fool who had knocked into her. A true warrior never allowed their attention to wander, not even for a minute. And yet there she had been, just standing there aimlessly, practically begging to be robbed. Her heavy coin purse fell to the ground, seams splitting and fat, yellow coins rolling every which way. Maiyu felt her lips curl upwards into a snarl, and one of her hands formed a fist, flames licking at her fingers. "Pathetic wretch!" She snapped in anger, rounding on the unlucky man. "Are you so empty-headed that you cannot even look where you are going?" She was not particularly concern about the fallen coins, which could easily be recovered. And her aura of a traveling (armed) noblewoman kept most greedy hands shoved deeply in their owners pockets. No, Maiyu was more upset by the fact that this man, this worthless, ignorant, foolish man had walked right into her. Where manners something that only the noble families practiced? "Apologize at once and assist me in regaining my lost coins!" Maiyu ordered, forgetting that she was no longer considered a member of the high society, and forgetting her promise made to herself that she would try her hardest not to draw attention to herself. Even though she had left her family from her own free will, is still wasn't a good idea to prance around, ordering peasants around like she owned them all. But despite the fact, her haughty nature and heated flames still made several people send the cloaked man a sympathetic glance before they hurried away, not wanting to get involved, should the queenly girl decide to attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:55 pm
User Image

s**t... Was the first word that came to mind when Hogosya heard the bag hit the ground. It was bad enough he bumped into someone, but he had also made them drop something and possibly lose it. People always remembered it when someone made them lose something.

Sure enough, the girl rounded on him and started yelling. It was clear by the tone of her voice that she was of noble blood, which made it even worse for Hogosya. Nobles tented to be able to get the guards to do what they wanted.

Thinking quickly, Hogosya kneeled. "Please forgive my stupidity, Mistress, my mind must have gone blank at the sight of your beauty. The fact that such a fair lady would grace us all with her presence stuns the mind." He bent farther and retrieved all the coins within his reach, not wanting her to think he was going to run away, and placed them back in the bag.

Then he stood back up, and held the bag out to her. "Please, Mistress, allow me to make up for my error. I am yours to command."

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 pm
User Image

Maiyu took a deep breath, forcing herself to calm down. This was honestly not something to get that worked up about. Money was easy enough to come by, and by the looks of it, the non-nobles in this town could use a little extra gold. Slowly, the fire faded from her eyes, and the flames in her right hand fizzled away into nothing. She really need to work on getting a better control of her anger, because if she didn't, sooner or later, it was going to get her in trouble. Folding her arms across her chest, Maiyu glanced down at the man who was scrabling on his knees, trying to pick up her lost coins. To be honest, she felt a little bad for have exploding at him in such a way. All he had done was run into her. Nothing more. It wasn't like he had tried to grope her up or anything. "There's no need to do that." She said in a calmer voice, her tone having lost that clipped, formal accent Maiyu used when slipping into her noblewoman frame of mind as she glanced up and down the street, making sure no guards were hurrying her way. That was really the last thing she wanted, and the arrival of some weapon-wielding men would only make this whole event worse. And she really needed to start working on acting more like a peasant (albeit unusual one), rather than a spoiled, pampered noblegirl. Her cheeks flushed at the man's compliments, although from anger or pleasure it was hard to say. Maui grappled with the desire to slap the man across the cheek, and then burn his body away with flames until he went up in smoke. Realizing, of course, that doing so would only draw more attention to herself, Maiyu grit her teeth and smiled. "Sweet compliments of nothing will get you nowhere, good sir, although they are much appreciated." Maiyu informed him coolly, although she couldn't quite keep the smile from her lips. "Next time you are in a crowded area, I suggest you drag your thoughts from whatever important matters they have been dwelling on, and focus more on your feet." Looking down at him, Maiyu came to the conclusion that he was an Earthbender. Odd, since she was still in the Fire Nation. Although the four nations were not as separated as they had once been, it was still strange to find an Earthbender here, in the heart of the Fire Nation. Shaking her head, Maiyu took the bag from him. "If nothing else, this will teach me to not buy such cheap bags. Next time, I will resew the seams myself." Maiyu raised on eyebrow, her mind racing. "That is a rather grand way to make up your error, especially considering that all you did was run into me. Tell me, are you running away from somewhere? Seeking protection from someone? Not many would offer to serve someone for something as trivial as thing, although I will not lie. Your plan does have some appeals." Maiyu frowned. "What is your name? There's no point in telling, and coming up with something that sounds Fire Nation-y. I can already tell you are an Earthbender."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 am
User Image

Double s**t...There was no getting away now. Now he knew this girl was from a noble family, as peasents dont know the difference of race.

Looking around to make sure no one was looking their way, he pushed back the hood of his cloak, "My name is Hogosya. I cannot tell you my surname in such an open place, but I am hiding from someone. If you know somewhere more private, I will tell you. Otherwise, forget that you have seen me and ill be on my way."

In truth, if she let him go he was leaving the city. In his experience, nobles weren't to good at keeping secrets, expecially ones that will keep someone alive.

But if she didnt, Hogosya thought it would be a good place to hide for a time, as no one questions the servents of a noble.

Lord Arkon

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 pm
User Image
(couldnt find old pic)
Kaiza sat on the edge of the closest building and watched the two converse. "hmmm lets see what happens next" he said with a grin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 am
User Image

Maiyu saw the flicker of fear in the man's eyes, and frowned again, her lips pressing together into a faint line. Much like she had figured out the man was from the Earth Kingdom, he had figured out that she was a Fire Nation noble. And for that reason alone, he must be expecting her to turn him in, or something along those lines. Perhaps she should alert him to the fact that she was no longer a noble of this country. Or then again, maybe not. Fear could be a good thing, and if he was always worrying that she would turn him in, then he would stay on his toes. Decisions, decisions. "Hogosya..." Maiyu said, testing the name. Definitely Earth Kingdom. "A pleasure to meet you. My name is Maiyu Kushina, and there is no need to look at me in such a way. Although my appearance may say otherwise, I no longer align myself with the nobles of this country. Much like you, I am a traveler, and a wanderer. So do not worry that I am about to turn you in. If you wish to accompany me, then I will not complain. Traveling alone in this day in age can be dangerous, and I would enjoy the extra company. No one will think it odd, and should need be, I can easily pass you off as a servant of mine. However, if you do not wish to come, then I will say nothing against you, and not try to change your mind. Your secret is safe with me. Choose now, but do not waste my time. I must be going." She retied the money pouch to her waist, and looked over at the young man before tensing, as she felt another pair of eyes land on her. Someone was watching her. Maiyu's head snapped around, and her golden eyes narrowed as she scanned the marketplace for her watcher.  

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm
User Image
Kaiza jumped off the roof and landed on a pole, revealing himself. then he folded his arms and smirked  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 pm
User Image

He was considering her offer, when he saw her head snap around. Instinctively, he yanked his hood over his face. He was good at playing the cowering villager, and hopefully it would keep her from guessing what he really was.

When the man jumped down and onto a pole, Hogosya assumed a stance that kept in character with his fearful reaction, but still left him ready to attack.

"And who are you, that must interrupt our conversation?"

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:58 pm
User Image

Maiyu's shoulders stiffened with anger as she surveyed the newcomer. "I do not take kindly to people disrupting me when I am speaking." She informed the new man coldly. "Now, tell me who you are, and why I should not attack you for bothering me. As you can see, I was rather busy. And the things I was discussing were really none of your business." She reached for one of her swords, and held it easily in her right hand, while flames appeared, yet again, in her left, which quickly curled into a fist. Maiyu tilted her head towards the newcomer, ready to attack, but not one to make the first move. Always, always, whenever possible, make the second move. He (or she) who made the first move allowed the opponent to see his (or her) capabilities, and then counter them. Maiyu always made the second move. Out of the corner of her eye, Maiyu saw Hogosya take a defensive stance; a defensive stance that could quickly be turned offensive. She smirked slightly, and directed her attention back to the unknown man. "How exciting. This day just keeps getting better and better."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 pm
User Image
Kaiza chuckled and dropped to the floor. then he said "because I would kill you if you actually tried to fight me, and if you did win, guards everywhere would look for you to put you into custody". he then grabbed his nunchaku and hung it from his neck.  

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Lord Arkon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:47 pm
User Image

Hogosya's pose slackened a bit at his comment. He wasn't afraid of Firebenders, as he knew most of their weaknesses (Or at least as many that the Earth Kingdom knew). Whe was worried about was the Noise a fight would generate, and how much attention that would attract.

"I suggest we back down, my lady, because this one could cause quite a problem for us."

Fire Nation

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff