Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
How long do you think they'll keep building on the DS? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragon3025

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm
DS, DS Lite, DSi, and now DSiXL. I thought they just about ran out of upgrades for the DS, and may start thinking about a new hand held branch, something like Nintendo Portable, but with all the new downloadable features on the DSi and DSiXL, they may stick with it for a while, and maybe upgrade it some more. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 pm
3DS (code name for now I think) is going to be the successor to the DS. Totally new platform.

Yeah, so, it's already planned to end dude.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:33 am
dragn99
3DS (code name for now I think) is going to be the successor to the DS. Totally new platform.

Well, it's still a DS, just fully utilising 3D technology, so isn't it more now a case of beating a dead horse?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 am
im guessing: 3DS, 3DSLite, 3DSi, 3DSi-XL...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 am
V3DS
V3DSlite
V3DSi
V3DSiXL

V = Virtual. Knowing them.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:52 am
eh they are winning that fight massively so they have all the means if they want to ******** around and churn out as much stuff as they want.

I was thinking about getting a DSIXL but now I'm pawn shop hunting for a ds-fat or a ds-lite

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 am
Awesome Tree
dragn99

Well, it's still a DS, just fully utilising 3D technology, so isn't it more now a case of beating a dead horse?
No, it's a brand new console with new games and stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:31 am
Super Cheesio
Awesome Tree
dragn99

No, it's a brand new console with new games and stuff.
Yeah, it's like saying the Game Boy Color was just another Game Boy. The Game Boy wasn't a dead horse, and the DS is the most alive horse I've ever seen.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Unflamboyant

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm
the 3DS is still going to be an entirely new deal. It will have so awesome new capabilities.

3DS Speculations  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 pm
well the gameboy advance was just a gameboy with better graphics i mean they were just beating a dead horse.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Kittymeeow

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:52 pm
I think the Ds consoles are awesome! Best hand held by far! Great idea makin it larger!! Just wish it wasnt so damn $$$. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 pm
Dino Pakkun
well the gameboy advance was just a gameboy with better graphics i mean they were just beating a dead horse.

Not really. The GBA introduced many features that would be impossible to reproduce on the original Game Boy or the Game Boy Color. From an architectural standpoint they are incredibly different as well.  

Master_Glink

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:11 pm
Master_Glink
Dino Pakkun

Not really. The GBA introduced many features that would be impossible to reproduce on the original Game Boy or the Game Boy Color. From an architectural standpoint they are incredibly different as well.
I'm pretty sure he was just making fun of dragn, but that is a good point to bring up.

And they'll stop the DS the day they build it with a teleporter and a laser.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 pm
digi734
Master_Glink
Dino Pakkun

I'm pretty sure he was just making fun of dragn, but that is a good point to bring up.

And they'll stop the DS the day they build it with a teleporter and a laser.

Would the laser be like a death ray. eek  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:28 pm
well every game console ever made is just pong with better graphics i mean they're beating a dead horse  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff