Reply Wi-Fi Connection
Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samurai Kacheek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:02 pm
I uh.. i just got MKDS and i did all the settings, it says "Connecting to Nintendo WFC... Please wait a moment..." and it is stuck there!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:15 pm
Samurai Kacheek
I uh.. i just got MKDS and i did all the settings, it says "Connecting to Nintendo WFC... Please wait a moment..." and it is stuck there!
You got all of your settings fixed?

Well, I'd try restarting your DS. I've had this happen to me.

And the first time you connect it takes awhile.  

G a m e O v e r

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:38 pm
My DS locks up when I insert the recharge cable while booting. I took note to not do that again. o.o  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:50 pm
no, when i try to connect for the first tme by hitting "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connecter" it says "Unable to find the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector" and its clearly connected! everything is in order, i have no idea whjats wrong..  

Samurai Kacheek

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:21 pm
Samurai Kacheek
no, when i try to connect for the first tme by hitting "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connecter" it says "Unable to find the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector" and its clearly connected! everything is in order, i have no idea whjats wrong..
okay, so lemme get this straight. You have the Nintendo USB connector (which you ordered online, at nintendo.com,) and it's plugged into the USB port on your computer and all set up.

But when you try to connect to it, it cannot find it?

Or are you using a wireless router?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:19 pm
Meta_Fish
Samurai Kacheek
okay, so lemme get this straight. You have the Nintendo USB connector (which you ordered online, at nintendo.com,) and it's plugged into the USB port on your computer and all set up.

Yeah im using the router..  

Samurai Kacheek

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:51 pm
Samurai Kacheek
Meta_Fish
Samurai Kacheek

Okay, well a router is different than the 'Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector'.

On Mario Kart DS, get to the title screen and go this direction;

Nintendo WFC>Nintendo WFC Settings>Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings>Connection (1-3, it doesn't matter which one)>Search for an Access Point>

Then it should show one connection. Click it and it should test the connection. If the lock you saw next to the connection's name was blue and unlocked, you shouldn't need any additional information after the test connection.

But if it was red, it means the router is protected. You'll need to find out how to get onto your computer and find it's 'WEP Key'. I suggest asking your parent or guardian.

I hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:43 am
www.nintendowifi.com

the answers to ANY wifi question you could possibly have. seriously.  

felix45

Samurai Kacheek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:45 am
Meta_Fish
Samurai Kacheek
Meta_Fish
Samurai Kacheek

Nintendo WFC>Nintendo WFC Settings>Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings>Connection (1-3, it doesn't matter which one)>Search for an Access Point>

Then it should show one connection. Click it and it should test the connection. If the lock you saw next to the connection's name was blue and unlocked, you shouldn't need any additional information after the test connection.

But if it was red, it means the router is protected. You'll need to find out how to get onto your computer and find it's 'WEP Key'. I suggest asking your parent or guardian.

I hope this helps.
Yeah, i did all that, i tested the connection, and my name showed up with a blue lock. But then when i tested it said "Connected to acsess point but could not connect to server"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:46 am
felix45
www.nintendowifi.com

no, actually.  

Samurai Kacheek

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:42 pm
Samurai Kacheek
Meta_Fish
Samurai Kacheek
Meta_Fish
Samurai Kacheek

I hope this helps.
Yeah, i did all that, i tested the connection, and my name showed up with a blue lock. But then when i tested it said "Connected to acsess point but could not connect to server"
Then I beleive something is wrong with your router. Ask Felix, he's better at this than I.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:30 am
Samurai Kacheek
felix45
www.nintendowifi.com

no, actually.
He's right. My friend helped me better than that site. He taught me how to hack into my router!  

Sakana_Izumi

Wi-Fi Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff