Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
Why does the Shotgun feel it fails 10% of the time?! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devilkiller95

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:28 pm
Im always usiing the SPAS-12 because its a fun weapon to use and i shoot someone in a match, they kepp walking away or they shoot me and then i see the killcam, i shot and mis. Pisses me off. If u hate this s h i t, then please comment and complain as much as u need. Thank u.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 pm
I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you just need practice. The vertical foregrip helps a lot, and make sure you're aware of your effective range. At the right range, pulling the trigger of the SPAS-12 is like flipping your enemy's off switch.  

ArmasTermin

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm
It's a shotgun. Meaning it doesn't shoot slugs down the middle of the sight. It sprays little pellets in a random cluster. So if you sight is halfway off the dude (even if caused by lag), there's a chance you'll barely hit his arm or not at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 am
i like using the shotgun but the accuracy prblm does tic me off sumtimes....u have to be right up on them or waitn for them to c** around a corner and then just aim 4 their stomach and u will get them most of the time.....  

incubus_rocks95

ii M u D K ii P zz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 pm
There's a little thing called STOPPING POWER you should try it some time ._.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:27 pm
Try playing in hardcore. Youll probably kill them.
Try improving your aim.

Like dude above said, Stoppin Power... It pisses me off when they have it on.. but not as much as when they go into final stand.  

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm
Aim for center mass, where all the vital organs are and the largest target is presented.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:10 pm
I understand what he's talking about. I find myself getting mad at the shotguns when I shoot someone right in the chest at 5ft distance and they just halo lunge me and knife me. It's annoying, I will admit it, but the use the gun wisely and you will get more kills then deaths and you wouldn't be so mad  

Kinky Walrus

Ruthless Sex Symbol

lauriuxx

3,600 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:19 am
yh happens to me i shoot some 1 with a shotgun or a sniper rifle and it shows up at it didint even hit em :l then i get annoyed and go ARC on em -_-  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 am
yea, i know what you mean, for some reason, the Spas seems to kill more from a farther range than close up...  

AsianWeedWacker

fear3x3range

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 pm
If your gonna shoot someone with your shotgun and worried about the spray if you aim slightly below the chest and jump then shoot the bullets all hit there chest and head and bairly misses its shots.
Ive found it easier getting my shotgun kills and headshots easier that way... even my friend who has completed the spas-12 challenges (1k HS and 2.5k kills) says to do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm
Also, in jumping, any returned fire hits ur legs, meaning you just flash red alot :p  

fear3x3range

Dannyxcores

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:01 pm
Ok I'll admit, there's some nice advice here but can anyone explain to me how people are able to 1 shot me with a shotgun from a far distance?????? I mean when I ADS with a shotgun it barely improves the accuracy. Usually I have to shoot 2 times with a shotty to get a kill from within 5 feet of the enemy without aiming.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 am
If you want a long ranged shotgun here's a simple class.

FAL /w Shotgun attachment and FMJ (Yes i have that)
Any secondary you choose (I prefer Raffica but your preference)
equipment and special grenades don't matter.
Perks these do however
Bling (Pro or not)
Stopping power(Pro or not)
Steady Aim (Pro or not)

With this you use the Shotgun attachment as your shotgun I've been known to peg people as far as 25 to possibly 30 feet with this class but this is because i play hardcore and even at that it takes multipul shots but at close range one shot one kill.  

Hood Bunny

fear3x3range

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 am
Your proberly one of those guys that does my nut in with that attachment then :p
The attachment is a fantastic piece of equipment to have on yah gun.. v.funny when you get those long range kills with it, but damn annoying when your on the receiving end..  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff