Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Space Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm
So for awhile I've been hearing of new space projects by NASA promising that we will be attempting to inhabit Mars in the near future. Sadly, I got word of this around the begining of 2001. I've been trying to get multiple reponses from people seeing what they think of the idea of human existance running into the stars and messing with the unknown. Also, this comes into question, IF there is intelligent life out there, which I have no doubt of, how do you think man kind will interact with these xenos?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:58 pm
Well I think that if man runs off into the stars and runs into xeno's then we will immediatly declare war on them and thus doom the entire human race to extinction, because human kind cannot accept that there are superior beings out there.  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 pm
I will admit, Man is stupid and ignorant, BUT we are not stupid enough to destroy ourselves by getting into a war with another species that is more intelligent than ourselves.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm
...We elected Bush twice....nuff said.  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

TrTaUs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:18 pm
It would be a great technological advancement to what we have now, because think of what has to be improved to achive such a feat or to even leave earth's magnetic field. Such technology could be used to save lives here.
Quote:
Well I think that if man runs off into the stars and runs into xeno's then we will immediatly declare war on them and thus doom the entire human race to extinction, because human kind cannot accept that there are superior beings out there.

So instilled in every human is xenophobia?
Sorry but i cant resist, but im sure im not the only one out there where anything with "xeno", this is the first thing that comes to mind, and if humans did encounter it, there would be bloodshed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:21 pm
TrTaUs
It would be a great technological advancement to what we have now, because think of what has to be improved to achive such a feat or to even leave earth's magnetic field. Such technology could be used to save lives here.
Quote:

So instilled in every human is xenophobia?
Sorry but i cant resist, but im sure im not the only one out there where anything with "xeno", this is the first thing that comes to mind, and if humans did encounter it, there would be bloodshed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rofl...you got me on that one...that one I can say war would be justifiable. But still, we could encounter a race that wants to share technology and help us out but we would still declare war on them to prove we are the 'best' in the universe  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:23 pm
Xenos is just another word for alien, I like to use the word because it seems more appropriate and respectful rather than alien and I don't believe mankind would just go and fight an alien race without trying to make some kinda of peace with it. Obviously stating that if the xenos are willing to talk with us.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:24 pm
Quote:
Rofl...you got me on that one...that one I can say war would be justifiable. But still, we could encounter a race that wants to share technology and help us out but we would still declare war on them to prove we are the 'best' in the universe

Or the other race could declare war on us because some one thought it would be fun to shoot the flying shiney things in the sky.  

TrTaUs

TrTaUs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:42 pm
Quote:
Xenos is just another word for alien, I like to use the word because it seems more appropriate and respectful rather than alien and I don't believe mankind would just go and fight an alien race without trying to make some kinda of peace with it. Obviously stating that if the xenos are willing to talk with us.

I can see what you are saying and of course, we could trade scientific information or minerals and may find out how big the univerce really is, we wouldnt want to cause an interstellar war over cultural, physical or mental differences. ....we have enough as it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:08 pm
TrTaUs
Quote:

I can see what you are saying and of course, we could trade scientific information or minerals and may find out how big the univerce really is, we wouldnt want to cause an interstellar war over cultural, physical or mental differences. ....we have enough as it is.

We can't even avoid war with our own species...but I suppose there is hope for our race yet.  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm
From the way I see things, until people can learn to get along with those that are only a few thousand kilometres away from themselves; they should just not risk interactions with beings other then our earthly creatures.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm
I agree completely with that, 00Shoe, but what I'm suggesting is when Earth has come to a peaceful state to where we are able to reach out into the stars. Not just try to work with things while in conflict in our own world.  

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm
Too bad that is never going to happen :p  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:41 pm
Never know. No one can predict the future one-hundred percent.  

Fury of Chaos

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:49 pm
No; but one can make a very educated guess.

But yeah, who knows where society will be in another 500-1000 years. By then perhaps humans will be ready.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff