Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Spirits knowing your name

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 pm
I am just curious what everyones opinion is on whether or not spirits can know who you are without meeting you. To simplify, meaning, do you think that a spirit can know your name without hearing anyone say it. Also, do you think that a spirit can get more of a reading on you, if they know your name can they know other things about you?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:42 pm
I think they are like a human but dead. They can't know anything about you unless they read or hear it.  

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:14 pm
Jesuss_Follower
I think they are like a human but dead. They can't know anything about you unless they read or hear it.

But they can do that  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 pm
not any more than anyone else can. as in, it is possible, but even they won't likely be perfectly certain. it's intuition that would determine that. try not to worry about it, you are unlikely to find any Spirit who knows your name without having some kind of outside source to tell them.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 pm
I asked this question because I am doing research for my paranormal society. It is hard to find a lot of facts surrounding the paranormal so I am also looking at opinions. This topic started because we were doing an investigation out in the words and we have an EVP of something saying my name. Then later on someone else heard my name being called. This happened without anyone saying my name during this investigation. That is why I was asking for input.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 pm
*cues twilight zone theme*  

Satrevi

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:50 pm
if you thought about your name they might have heard it. the ethereal world operates differently than ours. if you project something outwardly even if you don't realize you're doing it entities can pick up on it.. whither it be fears, names, places, facts.. if you will it's how they 'see' us. we are only made up of our spiritual energy just like they are to them in a planar sense. They do not seem bothered by things that aren't alive like buildings unless they are still i the belief that they are humans and must walk through only doorways and such. Perhaps learning some psychic defense if you're going to be investigating might help call out more action from the entity. I recommend Psychic Defense by Dion fortune. Need a copy? I have one. Just let me know.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 pm
I believe they can. Because a name is very close a personal to people. Just by knowing a name you can find out anything about a person. I do the same thing when I do readings. I just ask for the full name of the person.  

Koigokoro Konjou

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:06 pm
Koigokoro Konjou
I believe they can. Because a name is very close a personal to people. Just by knowing a name you can find out anything about a person. I do the same thing when I do readings. I just ask for the full name of the person.

I think you have that confused with a person's True Name... :/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 pm
iDarthy
Koigokoro Konjou

I think you have that confused with a person's True Name... :/

Full name true name. It's the same difference. All I know it works.  

Koigokoro Konjou

the_hitman_jerry

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 pm
You never know they probably can, im not soo sure about it...
Perhaps they can call you out loud, good luck getting to do so in your dreams.

Why dont you go ahead and try a communication technique, sadly i can help cuz i dont any right know.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm
As nutty as it sounds, I have this idea that sometimes we can put something out there for it to be recorded. I have no basis for this, nor a way to test it, but it's something I've thought about a lot.

As for someone mentioning communication: what about automatic writing?  

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

Dizzy - atari

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:33 pm
Well first off a spirits memory after death is not complete and nether is there "mind". an earth bound spirit is more like a broken fragment of what they once were. Spirits if you were to look at them in a two dimensional view would look like a completed puzzle an earth bound spirit looks like a single puzzle piece and as with any puzzle some times pieces that arn't supposed to connect the another piece seem to fit. this is how earth bound spirits grow both in knowledge and in power.

there for it is possible that a single spirit may know your name after assimilating another spirit that did.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:53 am
I'm not sure if spirits have some sort of innate knowledge like that, but I know personally I would be very freaked out if I heard my name on an EVP. eek  

Mandalore of the West

4,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items