Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Help with becoming a "Werewolf"!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LovelessAllure

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:15 pm
OK, OK, I am just a ignorant teen who really doesn't know what he is getting into. But for the longest time I feel like I was meant to be a dog rather than a human, don't ask me how, I just feel this way. At the same time I was born a human, so know there was a reason I am. Is there any spell or potion that can turn me into a werewolf? I have done some research on the topic, but most of the thing I read tell me to wear wolf skin during the ritual, I am not into killing wolves. I also contacted several "werewolves" who I later learned were just a bunch 35 year old basment dwellers who still lived with mommy and only believed they were, kinda like the self proclaimed vampires.
Anything right now would be nice, anything from real tangible information, simple links (please no dead links though),
to books that can point me in the right direction.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:14 pm
Try therians or otherkin. There is no spell or potion that will make you a werewolf. Closest you can get is trying to shapechange in astral, but that is not the same as doing it here. I am not familiar with quality otherkin or therian websites, so I can't help you there.

A dog is different from a wolf. If you don't mind my asking, which one would you prefer? Why try to become a werewolf when your true desire is to be a weredog?  

erinnightwalker

Mistreena

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:37 pm
I don't know anything about werewolves except that there is a condition that some people have where they grown enough facial and body hair that they would essentially look like a werewolf, and that there is a psychological condition known as lycanthropy where a person believes that they are a werewolf and acts as they think a werewolf should act.

I wouldn't try to turn myself into a werewolf if I were you, but I'm not you and it's your decision. But definitely the idea of a difference between dogs and wolves is something to think about - maybe you have a special connection to dogs, but are not necessarily meant to be a werewolf? For instance, you have a dog spirit guide, or even were a dog in a past life if you believe in that stuff?

Either way good luck, be safe and blessed be

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:31 pm
erinnightwalker
Try therians or otherkin. There is no spell or potion that will make you a werewolf. Closest you can get is trying to shapechange in astral, but that is not the same as doing it here. I am not familiar with quality otherkin or therian websites, so I can't help you there.

A dog is different from a wolf. If you don't mind my asking, which one would you prefer? Why try to become a werewolf when your true desire is to be a weredog?

last i heard there was no weredogs. i would prefer a wolf, even though i feel more like a dog, calm, relaxed, and loyal.
thank you for your comment, i will look into it, as with the person above me  

LovelessAllure

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm
As far as I know there could be practically were anything. But if you feel more like a dog, then chances are you are somehow connected to a dog, not a wolf. I would look into otherkin or totem animals.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 pm
I know this is irrelevant yet strangely parallel, but does anyone know anything about were-platypus sightings?  

Ghisteslwchlohm

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm
Lol. Wereplatypus. Nice one.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 am
the reason you feel that way is because your power animal might be a dog or a wolf. It is ignorance to think you can become a otherkin. Your eother born with it or not. Or your spirit was create to be it. No spell or elixir can make you.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:48 pm
For the purpose of clarification:

I wouldn't say it's ignorance, just a lack of information.
Also, no-one said they wanted to become one, although one person said the OP might already be one.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:30 am
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  

Satrevi

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:56 am
You might want to look into lycanthropes, as opposed to werewolves, as, if memory serves, 'thropes are more like the classic shapeshifters, whereas werewolves are ruled by the moon.

Be it solid evidence or not, the weretypes I know all tend to get very PMS-ey around full moons. It's very cute. No physical changes that I can tell, but astral/whatever/aural stuff changes a lot. Colors, sizes, beings, what-have-you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:52 am
stare
-- Thinks desperately on how to add positively to this conversation --

sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

emo eek

User Image

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games